You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Michigan State
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
when was your II?A today!
donc je suis
Full Member
Last weekwhen was your II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NopeDoes MSU ever pull from the alternate list prior to that April 30th date?
Maybesomeday
Full Member
lmao same hopefully they pull more than that :''')thanks for asking this omg, I too i thought spartychm28 was saying 9-10 students get pulled from alternate list LOL and got scared for a minute
I know a person who was rejected pre II - I don't know anything about when they were complete or when they heard, but I believe they do send pre II Rs based on what I have been toldHas this school sent any pre II Rs?
Hey! Any clue how far out they are scheduling?IS II (received 10/31), application complete 9/1
I was just given a single time and they said show up on this day! LOL no choice of when it was, ofc they allow you to reach out if it doesn't work for your schedule. I was however given a choice of when my current medical student interview would be - just as long as it was within 5 days of MMI portion.Hey! Any clue how far out they are scheduling?
Sorry I couldn't be of more help!
YellowBetsyRocks
Full Member
Waitlist? When was your interview?
For recent interviews, do you think we will find out the week after thanksgiving? I feel like a lot of people find out after like 10 days
I had my MMI nov 16 and they said expect mid-Jan but do people think 10 days? I feel like it might be doubled because of holidayFor recent interviews, do you think we will find out the week after thanksgiving? I feel like a lot of people find out after like 10 days
Yeah I had my MMI on 11/16 as well but I’ve seen people get an answer in 10 days (usually a quick answer like that is an A). I just hope I get an answer before my finals 😑I had my MMI nov 16 and they said expect mid-Jan but do people think 10 days? I feel like it might be doubled because of holiday
Did anyone who interviewed get this email post-interview?
"DECISION NOTIFICATION DATES: Look for the decision notification dates on the CHM Admissions website."
There are no decision dates on this link though.
"DECISION NOTIFICATION DATES: Look for the decision notification dates on the CHM Admissions website."
There are no decision dates on this link though.
Anyone have a clue where they’re at in their interview season… I feel like IIs have been slow rolling so I’m curious how many have actually been sent out
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone think that those who interviewed 11/16 or 11/17 will hear back this week ?
Mix Chu
New Member
My friend got a decision two weeks after his interview, so maybe. I just hope we don't have to wait until mid January like they said.does anyone think that those who interviewed 11/16 or 11/17 will hear back this week ?
I think there’s a decision day this week like wed night or thurs morning and in two weeks as well. So hopefully !!My friend got a decision two weeks after his interview, so maybe. I just hope we don't have to wait until mid January like they said.
Interviewed 11/17, alternate list 11/29
same hereInterviewed 11/17, alternate list 11/29
I’m assuming email?
same here
If two weeks then maybe tomorrow for the 11/16 people but I can't believe Thanksgiving wouldn't factor into the 2 weeksMy friend got a decision two weeks after his interview, so maybe. I just hope we don't have to wait until mid January like they said.
But some people heard back already for 11/17. So maybe acceptances tonight? They seem to call on Wednesday night
If two weeks then maybe tomorrow for the 11/16 people but I can't believe Thanksgiving wouldn't factor into the 2 weeks
The committee definetley met this week though since some 11/17 people got in alternate. So maybe so As will be sent out this week.
premedmich3
Full Member
Are alternates coming as emails? Interviewed on 11/17 also and anxiously waiting... 😭The committee definetley met this week though since some 11/17 people got in alternate. So maybe so As will be sent out this week.
if they are calling acceptances this week, i wonder if it’ll be today or tomorrow 😭
Maybe it’s today cuz on 11/16 (Thursday), people got accepted. Here’s hoping InshAllah 😂
Last edited:
wait 11/16 acceptances went out today? Probably no news til tomorrow tho since it's 5pmESTMaybe it’s today cuz on 11/16 (Thursday) people got accepted. Here’s hoping InshAllah 😂
No, I’m saying they sent out acceptances that day, the 16th. Also, I’m p sure in the past msu has called past 5 but maybe someone confirm?wait 11/16 acceptances went out today? Probably no news til tomorrow tho since it's 5pmEST
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh my bad, oops. Misunderstood!No, I’m saying they sent out acceptances that day, the 16th. Also, I’m p sure in the past msu has called past 5 but maybe someone confirm?
suburbanlegend1989
New Member
Do they accept alternatives prior to April?
NoDo they accept alternatives prior to April?
starwarsnerd9
Full Member
How many people are estimated to be taken from the alternate list? Does anyone know?
has anyone gotten an acceptance call today?
I don’t think anyone from 11/16 or 17 got an A, but some people got on the alternate
interview 10/16 - silence. I think I am the only person with no answer from 10/163rd quartile! cgpa 3.91, sgpa 3.89; mcat 518
Should I assume deferred? Or Waitlisted?
Last edited:
suburbanlegend1989
New Member
when is it recommended to send update letters?
They said if you don't hear back late Jan reach out, but that's for the people who interviewed 11/16 so idk when you interviewedwhen is it recommended to send update letters?
The committee met after thanksgiving since people from 11/17 got on the alternate so I hope so decisions come out this week.
OOS II received today 12/4!
Do you think they will do 11/16, 11/17, 11/30 all together?The committee met after thanksgiving since people from 11/17 got on the alternate so I hope so decisions come out this week.
I hope so, some people have gotten IIs so they for sure discussed stuff, let’s hope some of that was for acceptances though😂. Maybe this week WednesdayDo you think they will do 11/16, 11/17, 11/30 all together?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
suburbanlegend1989
New Member
if placed on alternate list, when is it recommended to send update letters or letters of interest?
+1OOS II received today 12/4!
brownsugarlatte
Full Member
when were you complete?
9/7when were you complete?