You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 NYU (Grossman)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
248pinkalicious
Full Member
I submitted 6 and got an interview this morning. YMMVOof, I just realized I submitted way more than their 2 letter requirement. Did anyone else do this?
Have you guys been able to schedule it yet?
Ah okay, I realize I just didn't navigate far enough into the future. The email said we should schedule an interview for the next two weeks, so I thought there was an error when nothing was available.Question about interviews; was anyone elses earliest interview available in October? The website said interview season from sept-december, so Im guessing you are considered lower priority if you cant schedule an interview in September possibly, or am I tripping.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
found II in my spam! complete 7/9 and only dates I have are late october/november
bahahaha I related to this so hard opened the forum this morning before my email and immediately opened my inbox to see only a masters program advertisement from nyu — BUT ITS GO TIME BABYNO F*CKING WAY II 11:33 EST. WAS LITERALLY SHAKING FOR MINUTES AFTER READING THAT ****. NOT OUT OF THE WOODS YET BUT TOP CHOICE FOR OBVIOUS REASONS!!! 7/14 complete date
So you scheduled one for October right? Cause that was also the first dates available for me lol. Didn't see anything in September.Ah okay, I realize I just didn't navigate far enough into the future. The email said we should schedule an interview for the next two weeks, so I thought there was an error when nothing was available.
soundofsilence
Full Member
Yea I just scheduled for October. I guess that means they filled up all the interview slots for September by the time they reviewed us.So you scheduled one for October right? Cause that was also the first dates available for me lol. Didn't see anything in September.
Although does anyone have interview slots in the first two weeks of Sept?
Mine is 9/12 ! But that was the earliest I saw
bright_forest_12
New Member
Any MD-PhD IIs?
oatmilkplease
Full Member
Do y'all think there's any shot of getting an II if we missed this wave? 😢 not really sure how they got about handing out interviews based off of previous years threads
everyone in this thread that i've seen wth II's have had at least 524's on MCATs, maybe they just set a filter for applicants above that threshold for the first wave? just spitballing but only 1/5 of II's have been sent per the comment above! its only the beginning of a very long cycle don't lose hope after one dayDo y'all think there's any shot of getting an II if we missed this wave? 😢 not really sure how they got about handing out interviews based off of previous years threads
soundofsilence
Full Member
what were the dates you saw? Im lowk getting anxiety that my earliest date was 10/03. Why make me wait an extra month when there are seats and most ppl dont even have interviews yet 😭I managed to snag one on 9/13 this morning at 10ish am cst. There were a bunch of spots open then in September
I think they allow people to schedule only within a given period of two weeks. It probably just so happened that our period was the one in October. Others probably had in September but wouldn't have seen the seats for October. Maybe? idkwhat were the dates you saw? Im lowk getting anxiety that my earliest date was 10/03. Why make me wait an extra month when there are seats and most ppl dont even have interviews yet 😭
Could it also be that they're reserving a few of the earlier spots for the next wave of II's?
what were the dates you saw? Im lowk getting anxiety that my earliest date was 10/03. Why make me wait an extra month when there are seats and most ppl dont even have interviews yet 😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did you submit? I was complete 7/19 and am hoping to catch the next wave, considering the latest I saw for this wave was complete 7/17Do y'all think there's any shot of getting an II if we missed this wave? 😢 not really sure how they got about handing out interviews based off of previous years threads
My secondary was received 7/10 and completed by 7/18. I'm sure they are still reviewing, however!When did you submit? I was complete 7/19 and am hoping to catch the next wave, considering the latest I saw for this wave was complete 7/17
bright_forest_12
New Member
fwiw I was complete 7/20 and have received nothing yetWhen did you submit? I was complete 7/19 and am hoping to catch the next wave, considering the latest I saw for this wave was complete 7/17
oatmilkplease
Full Member
I was complete 7/9 🙁 I have pretty good stats so it feels like maybe it's just my application as a whole rather than a stats thing, which suxWhen did you submit? I was complete 7/19 and am hoping to catch the next wave, considering the latest I saw for this wave was complete 7/17
soundofsilence
Full Member
Yea maybe, but that makes no sense unless ppl in October are considered "lower priority". Because if we were invited to interviews earlier, wouldn't it make more sense for us to have an earlier interview date?Could it also be that they're reserving a few of the earlier spots for the next wave of II's?
everyone in this thread that i've seen wth II's have had at least 524's on MCATs, maybe they just set a filter for applicants above that threshold for the first wave? just spitballing but only 1/5 of II's have been sent per the comment above! its only the beginning of a very long cycle don't lose hope after one day
A couple of people had an LM of 77. So their MCAT was near 520, assuming a GPA of 4.0
I got a 523 and haven't heard anything...nursing the likely soft-rejection by telling myself at least that’s one less MMI, lol
I was complete 7/19 as well.When did you submit? I was complete 7/19 and am hoping to catch the next wave, considering the latest I saw for this wave was complete 7/17
I'm in a similar situation-- complete 7/6, pretty good stats and no II...I was complete 7/9 🙁 I have pretty good stats so it feels like maybe it's just my application as a whole rather than a stats thing, which sux
I'm in a similar situation-- complete 7/6, pretty good stats and no II...
We're all gonna make it brahs.I was complete 7/9 🙁 I have pretty good stats so it feels like maybe it's just my application as a whole rather than a stats thing, which sux
Do you guys think submitting updates and document uploads pushes us back in the review pile? 525 and complete 7/5 here but I submitted a new document like an hour before the first IIs went out.
Interesting question. I would assume it wouldn't? Not the same situation exactly but I had to reupload some LORs for WashU and they rechecked my application for completion within a few days. Doubt that would have been the case if they starting going through all the other thousands of apps they receive.Do you guys think submitting updates and document uploads pushes us back in the review pile? 525 and complete 7/5 here but I submitted a new document like an hour before the first IIs went out.
May be like AMCAS too where you can add LORs and stuff after submitting and it doesn't affect your processing time.
Can always email them to be sure.
Makes sense! Agreed 💯Interesting question. I would assume it wouldn't? Not the same situation exactly but I had to reupload some LORs for WashU and they rechecked my application for completion within a few days. Doubt that would have been the case if they starting going through all the other thousands of apps they receive.
May be like AMCAS too where you can add LORs and stuff after submitting and it doesn't affect your processing time.
Can always email them to be sure.
oatmilkplease
Full Member
This is an interesting theory, I updated my resume a couple of weeks after being complete too. I highly doubt it that it would place our applications back at the bottom of the pile, but still gonna cope regardlessDo you guys think submitting updates and document uploads pushes us back in the review pile? 525 and complete 7/5 here but I submitted a new document like an hour before the first IIs went out.
Yeah not at the bottom but more like let's check what the document is before taking any action which could take a day or two etcThis is an interesting theory, I updated my resume a couple of weeks after being complete too. I highly doubt it that it would place our applications back at the bottom of the pile, but still gonna cope regardless
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
RuggedShark
Full Member
525 and it hurts even more to see all the high stat applicants getting IIs. Like, I knew my app wasn't amazing but ouchI got a 523 and haven't heard anything...nursing the likely soft-rejection by telling myself at least that’s one less MMI, lol
oatmilkplease
Full Member
its alright lads&ladies we still in this, just gotta manifest 🙏525 and it hurts even more to see all the high stat applicants getting IIs. Like, I knew my app wasn't amazing but ouch
oatmilkplease
Full Member
while it does hurt, we also gotta remind ourselves that this is grossman like the bar can't get much higher
James Griffin
New Member
I "just" have a 520, but it's only August! Still so much time.everyone in this thread that i've seen wth II's have had at least 524's on MCATs, maybe they just set a filter for applicants above that threshold for the first wave? just spitballing but only 1/5 of II's have been sent per the comment above! its only the beginning of a very long cycle don't lose hope after one day
I got a 523 and haven't heard anything...nursing the likely soft-rejection by telling myself at least that’s one less MMI, lol
Everyone gets the secondary… they don’t have a screening process
I think they were referring to hearing nothing about interviews, hence why they said it’s one less MMIEveryone gets the secondary… they don’t have a screening process
No clue, but may be worth looking at past years threads to see how far apart waves of II’s were.Anyone have an idea when the next round of II’s will drop? Trying to keep my head up lol
IIRC its usually around 2 weeks between wavesAnyone have an idea when the next round of II’s will drop? Trying to keep my head up lol
Last year it was like Thursday 8/4 then Monday 8/8No clue, but may be worth looking at past years threads to see how far apart waves of II’s were.
I believe
D
deleted1169361
For my CV, is it okay to include a poster presentation I'll be doing in nov & a manuscript that was accepted for publication in the next edition of a journal? Don't want to put something I shouldn't.
Yes you can include future stuff in CV (assuming everything is accepted) though it's generally advised to put them under a separate heading such as "Future Presentations and Publications" so it doesn't look like you're trying to fluff up what you already have. At least, that is what I did.For my CV, is it okay to include a poster presentation I'll be doing in nov & a manuscript that was accepted for publication in the next edition of a journal? Don't want to put something I shouldn't.
I like to add some brackets and put in the day you're expecting to see everything published so it's clear that it is in the future
theofficialnumber13
Full Member
Any update on second ii wave?
I think itll prolly be next week tbhAny update on second ii wave?
According to Cycle Track last year the 2nd wave hit at the end of August on the 28th, about 3 weeks after the first wave. After that every consecutive wave was ~a month apart. Based off that, I think next wave prob won't be until end of this month sadly.I think itll prolly be next week tbh
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really like the patient interaction one! Cool way to frame the questionDo yall think that building a computer with my summer income is a good non-academic accomplishment? Or for the difficulty of remaining respectful, would a brief interaction with a patient with differing views be good? For both, I can go much more in depth, of course.
Everyone gets a secondary. I have “just” a 506 and got a secondary.I got a 523 and haven't heard anything...nursing the likely soft-rejection by telling myself at least that’s one less MMI, lol
I think they were talking about interviewsEveryone gets a secondary. I have “just” a 506 and got a secondary.
Ah, either way still applies to my comment.I think they were talking about interviews