2023-2024 NYU (Grossman)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
that's probably all the II for NYU right? congrats to everyone who got one!
Last year’s thread had one person who got one between thanksgiving and the mid-December R wave, and my undergrad has also had at least one December II, although I think these are exceptional and not part of any planned wave. Let’s keep our fingers crossed, but I think the majority of the action has happened
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you don't mind me asking, since you submitted pretty late and got a II, what were your stats like? Anything in particular you think helped your app since NYU is also rolling so submitting later makes it harder to get the interview?
I don't mind at all! I have a LM 72

Not going to lie, I was fully expecting a pre-II rejection, so I waited forever to actually submit my app (I was super shocked and happy to receive an II!!). Tbh, I'm not exactly sure what made me stand out, but I am low SES and also have a really interesting/unique life story.

(Btw, shout out to all my lower LM folk applying to this school!!!)
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bump! curious if they’re just accepting those that they know they want right after interview, or whether they’ve been dipping into the CR pool yet
My understanding from Dean Rivera was that As 2-3 weeks post interview were very rare and that the majority of interviewees will receive CR at which point As will come. He said he does this as to not disadvantage late II and so he can spread out A phone calls. If this is inaccurate or someone else has more insight feel free to reply
 
Sorry if this was asked already a lot….but how’s the interview experience? I haven’t been following this thread because I honestly thought I didn’t have a chance haha. Thank you!!!
 
Sorry if this was asked already a lot….but how’s the interview experience? I haven’t been following this thread because I honestly thought I didn’t have a chance haha. Thank you!!!
It is good -- friendly and relatively laid back compared to other places I've interviewed. As you know, it is MMI format, so there is not much required to prepare. Just go in, present your honest self, and you'll do great!
 
It is good -- friendly and relatively laid back compared to other places I've interviewed. As you know, it is MMI format, so there is not much required to prepare. Just go in, present your honest self, and you'll do great!

Thank you so much!! That’s really nice to hear 🙂 good luck to you on the rest of your cycle! [emoji322][emoji322]
 
Sorry if this was asked already a lot….but how’s the interview experience? I haven’t been following this thread because I honestly thought I didn’t have a chance haha. Thank you!!!
I've done 2 MMIs and it was significantly more chill and the questions were way easier than the other one I did (Dell).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too. I wonder if anyone got post-II R or if it's only A or CR.
CycleTrack shows that there are were a bunch of As and Rs right around the 3-week mark post Oct 25 MSTP interview. Have CRs been going out sporadically/when did you get the email? Getting a little worried because Dean Rivera said everyone will hear back a decision (A, R, CR) within 3 weeks of their interview and it's almost been 6
 
CycleTrack shows that there are were a bunch of As and Rs right around the 3-week mark post Oct 25 MSTP interview. Have CRs been going out sporadically/when did you get the email? Getting a little worried because Dean Rivera said everyone will hear back a decision (A, R, CR) within 3 weeks of their interview and it's almost been 6
Can't speak to MSTP, but for MD, my understanding is that you get the CR or R email on the Friday of the third week after your interview date. At least that's what happened to me.
 
CycleTrack shows that there are were a bunch of As and Rs right around the 3-week mark post Oct 25 MSTP interview. Have CRs been going out sporadically/when did you get the email? Getting a little worried because Dean Rivera said everyone will hear back a decision (A, R, CR) within 3 weeks of their interview and it's almost been 6
My interview was early November and I got the CR the same day I made my first post
 
CycleTrack shows that there are were a bunch of As and Rs right around the 3-week mark post Oct 25 MSTP interview. Have CRs been going out sporadically/when did you get the email? Getting a little worried because Dean Rivera said everyone will hear back a decision (A, R, CR) within 3 weeks of their interview and it's almost been 6
I got my MSTP A 5 weeks after my interview. I don't think their process is quite the same as the MD process.