-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Pittsburgh
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
You don't know until your interview startsDid you guys know your interviewer in advance and how soon before the interview? Thanks!
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
do we also get the Zoom link right before the interview begins? I don't see it on my portal yet...You don't know until your interview starts
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Zoom links should be in the interview management part of your portal if you don't see them I'd email or call asapdo we also get the Zoom link right before the interview begins? I don't see it on my portal yet...
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
Oh I don't have them but I just went back to an email that said "The Zoom links to connect to your interviews will become available the morning of your scheduled interview day." Hopefully it shows up the morning of haha. Thank you!!Zoom links should be in the interview management part of your portal if you don't see them I'd email or call asap
Are there more IIs gonna go out or is the consensus that they're p much done?
For those who are currently a medical student at Pitt, are any of you part of the Primary Care Accelerated Track (PCAT)? I received an II 8/2 for a regular interview and didn’t know if that is done first before they consider you being selected for the PCAT program [emoji1783]
There will be more interview invitations 🙂and more waves of rejections😢 between now and December.Are there more IIs gonna go out or is the consensus that they're p much done?
When does the PCAT secondary come out? Does a regular come before the PCAT application?
OOS II received today submitted and completed on 9/4...literally so in shock Pitt was my last secondary!!
Congrats!! What was ur stats if you don’t mind me asking?
ChocolateCookieCake
Full Member
AHHHHHH I didn't think I'd ever be able to comment on these but OOS II just a few minutes ago!!!! LM 71; complete 8/17 🙂
It was pretty chill. I think the student interview was closed file if I remember. No curveball questions or anything!Has anyone been interviewed yet? How did it go and anything to look out for?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oatmilkplease
Full Member
Apologies if this has already been answered somewhere, but is it just a traditional 1-on-1 format? One with faculty, one with student?It was pretty chill. I think the student interview was closed file if I remember. No curveball questions or anything!
Yes both of those and then a team exercise with 3-4 other applicantsApologies if this has already been answered somewhere, but is it just a traditional 1-on-1 format? One with faculty, one with student?
Yes both of those and then a team exercise with 3-4 other applicants
Did the team exercise work well over zoom? I always find that it’s so easy to talk over someone else on accident on zoom
Yeah it went surprisingly well for us. Our group got into a bit of a rhythm and the same people spoke in the same order. Everyone is worried about the exact same problem as you are so you guys will figure out a solution and a rhythm pretty quicklyDid the team exercise work well over zoom? I always find that it’s so easy to talk over someone else on accident on zoom
oatmilkplease
Full Member
For those that have attended the optional informational sessions, what is expected attire?
glickmaster2000
Full Member
IS II!
complete date?IS II!
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
casual though some will inevitably dress upFor those that have attended the optional informational sessions, what is expected attire?
oatmilkplease
Full Member
Any current students on here? Would love to ask you some quick questions if possible 🙂
On their website, they said they hold interviews until January. My earliest possible interview sign-up was December, so I'd assume there's more interviews to be sent outAre there more IIs gonna go out or is the consensus that they're p much done?
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
Hi all- does anyone know how long after the interview they send the email with the survey and contact info of the people who interviewed you? Lmk if anyone has insight
I think i got mine the day afterHi all- does anyone know how long after the interview they send the email with the survey and contact info of the people who interviewed you? Lmk if anyone has insight
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
did you wait until then to send thank you notes?I think i got mine the day after
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
it should be the same day at 5pm est, i think!Hi all- does anyone know how long after the interview they send the email with the survey and contact info of the people who interviewed you? Lmk if anyone has insight
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
Unfortunately I haven’t gotten one but hopefully it comes today. Thank you, madame Michael Scott.it should be the same day at 5pm est, i think!
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
Mine came a few mins after 5:00 pm est so hopefully it comes soon for you too! Np!Unfortunately I haven’t gotten one but hopefully it comes today. Thank you, madame Michael Scott.
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
Wait you didn’t interview today did you?Mine came a few mins after 5:00 pm est so hopefully it comes soon for you too!
Yea coz the interviewers just told me to wait until i got the email with their info loldid you wait until then to send thank you notes?
Mine came a few mins after 5:00 pm est so hopefully it comes soon for you too! Np!
Mb I also got it 5 pm est. Thought it came afterWait you didn’t interview today did you?
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
Mb I also got it 5 pm est. Thought it came after
Dangg i didn’t get it yet
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
no not today, did you get it by now?Wait you didn’t interview today did you?
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
no not today, did you get it by now?
No I still have not.
URM LM70 completed 8/4!Congrats!! What was ur stats if you don’t mind me asking?
additionalrabbit
Full Member
I'm interviewing here tomorrow at 7am my time and have not received any links / info on how to actually navigate to my interviews. I also am not sure how long each interview is, though I have everything confirmed in my portal with start times and the optional info sessions. Do we receive interview instructions separately / should I have received this by now? Am I missing it in the portal? Thanks!
#472 this post tells you where to look for itI'm interviewing here tomorrow at 7am my time and have not received any links / info on how to actually navigate to my interviews. I also am not sure how long each interview is, though I have everything confirmed in my portal with start times and the optional info sessions. Do we receive interview instructions separately / should I have received this by now? Am I missing it in the portal? Thanks!
additionalrabbit
Full Member
Thanks!!#472 this post tells you where to look for it
aightmanokay
Full Member
what dates are still available? last I heard they were only available in JanuaryII! OOS LM 70, complete 7/28. Shocked!
bewhj
Full Member
I only saw dates in Jan as well!what dates are still available? last I heard they were only available in January
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Already only January oh my
I apologize if I asked this before but for those who attended the optional info sessions, do we need to be business casual or is casual dressing okay? I am attending one today at three and I just want to make sure I’m respectful
1/4 people have cameras off, I'd say the majority with cameras were business casual. Some were pretty casually dressed.I apologize if I asked this before but for those who attended the optional info sessions, do we need to be business casual or is casual dressing okay? I am attending one today at three and I just want to make sure I’m respectful
oatmilkplease
Full Member
For those that have interviewed- are you guys writing one thank you letter, or two/three individual ones (faculty, student, group session leader)?
angryBird23
Full Member
Any current students on here who have experienced the new curriculum? I am interviewing next week and would love some insight.