You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Pittsburgh
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Respect I do not have the mental fortitude to check the portal right now for my inevitable R from my hometown med school 🙁 so I will continue to live in blissful ignorance.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 now im sad 🙁
SunshineMD_AD
Full Member
pre-II R in portal, no email received yet. Felt inevitable as an early submitter considering Pitt has already given out so many interviews
+1, first of the cycle. stings a little but good look to everyone who got an II !! you guys got this
SunshineMD_AD
Full Member
Where have you guys been seeing the R in the portal? Is it under status?
yes under application status right next to where it says “supplemental application status”
D
deleted1167581
Pre-II R just now lmao
Pre-II R
+1
aightmanokay
Full Member
Low LM and surprisingly dodged the R wave but feel like it doesn't really matter since they don't have many interview slots left. Best of luck to everyone for the rest of your schools!
stony24k
Full Member
+1Pre-II R
Complete 7/25 but did not receive the pre-II R. They need to reject me already so we stop having hope. Happened to me last year where I dodged quite a few R waves from other schools only to be mass rejected near the end of the cycle
Well I mustered the courage to look and seems I am still in the running somehow. Idk how my LM of 67 hasn't gotten rejected yet, but I'm just gonna keep hoping for the best.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pandapremed
Full Member
Well I mustered the courage to look and seems I am still in the running somehow. Idk how my LM of 67 hasn't gotten rejected yet, but I'm just gonna keep hoping for the best.
Same here, LM 66 with a low MCAT. Completed late July so (possibly?) holding out hope.
swaggyP12
Full Member
Same here, first Pre-II R. Seems they sent out a huge way today, but I am glad they did that instead of ghostingPre-II R in portal (received email too), complete 7/11. First of the cycle feelsbadman.
Complete 7/21 and I feel the same!!! I'd just rather know if y'all are going to reject me anyway!!!Complete 7/25 but did not receive the pre-II R. They need to reject me already so we stop having hope. Happened to me last year where I dodged quite a few R waves from other schools only to be mass rejected near the end of the cycle
I was 7/22 so I hope I still have a shot too loln=1 but I was complete 7/25 and just got one this weekend so I think you have a shot
applied2toomanyschoolsxd
Full Member
Oh boy looking like another wave todayPre II R. From their email, it seems like they have already reviewed more than 7600 apps
+1Pre II R. From their email, it seems like they have already reviewed more than 7600 apps
Caught the Pre-II R wave
+1Pre II R. From their email, it seems like they have already reviewed more than 7600 apps
+1, complete 7/19.Pre II R. From their email, it seems like they have already reviewed more than 7600 apps
+1 Pre II R… applied last cycle to 16 schools and got no interview, feelin a dark repeat this cycle. LM 81
williewalnuts
Full Member
Got the R, submitted 7/17
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre II R lol im a Pitt grad and IS too guess that doesn't really matter!
Pre II R, submitted 07/15/23. Best of luck to everyone this cycle.
zalapeanut
New Member
+1 R, LM 75.1, OOS, ORM, submitted 07/19/23
It's too early to be thinking like that!! I'm also a reapp and I understand what ur going thru. This is gonna be our cycle, trust. Cheers+1 Pre II R… applied last cycle to 16 schools and got no interview, feelin a dark repeat this cycle. LM 81

Anyone here get rejected after being complete on 7/24 or later? Trying to gauge whether I survived this R wave
Complete 7/23. Terrified rn
Anyone here get rejected after being complete on 7/24 or later? Trying to gauge whether I survived this R wave
luckycharms!
Full Member
Pre II R 🙁 a top choice sigh
D
deleted1150307
Those who received pre II R do you mind sharing when was your application complete?
I am sure they will reject me too but maybe because my app was recently complete on 7/30 they did not get to me yet
I am sure they will reject me too but maybe because my app was recently complete on 7/30 they did not get to me yet
Got my R yesterday and I think I had a 7/10 or 7/11 complete date.Those who received pre II R do you mind sharing when was your application complete?
I am sure they will reject me too but maybe because my app was recently complete on 7/30 they did not get to me yet
garnmonster
Full Member
if anyone has attended one of the info sessions, do you know how formal we should be dressing?
The Pitt website says "information sessions are informal" so I'm probably not going to dress up formallyif anyone has attended one of the info sessions, do you know how formal we should be dressing?
if anyone has attended one of the info sessions, do you know how formal we should be dressing?
I went to the student chat and everyone (~30 people) dressed casually, except maybe 1 or 2.
Did they specify a date?Just had my interview, but no decision until February! What a wait
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
Congrats on finishing the interview! How did it go?! Any tips? 🙂Just had my interview, but no decision until February! What a wait
February 16Did they specify a date?
Pretty casual overall. They were really interested in evidence of collaboration/teamwork, and resolving conflict in a team setting, which I wasn't necessarily expectingCongrats on finishing the interview! How did it go?! Any tips? 🙂
February 16
Ahh that feels so long from now
Ahh that feels so long from now
Good thing my interview is in November [emoji23] less waiting lol