2023-2024 Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone get an email with their admission decision? I'm avoiding portal until after work and just want to know if I should also avoid my email too

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get an email with their admission decision? I'm avoiding portal until after work and just want to know if I should also avoid my email too
no email yet. also i’m not sure but i think the email will just tell us to check the portal and not say the official decision

Reactions: 2 users
Time to go play Lies of p to heal

Reactions: 1 users
WL interviewed in October, ive been waitlisted at every MD I've interviewed at ugh

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
WL :( fingers crossed that pstp will come through but the hopes are lowwwwww

• Care
damn do they put most people on WL?

Reactions: 1 user
So is there a lot of waitlist movement?

I’m not sure. I think someone on that thread said in the previous year they accepted around 60 people off the waitlist. So that would mean about half their class comes off the waitlist

So is there a lot of waitlist movement?

There’s probably going to be movement but with how many people they put on the WL the % that get As later is prob not great

I looked through last years thread briefly and it didn’t seem like much, probably bc a lot of peoples top choice is Pitt

There’s probably going to be movement but with how many people they put on the WL the % that get As later is prob not great

Yeah.. if they interview 1,000, accept 150, put like 400 people (? Idk if this is accurate but seems like at least a third are waitlisted based on who has commented here) on the waitlist 60/400 isn’t great odds…

Edit: class profile on their website says their class was 148 and they offered 271 acceptances. That means they accepted 123 people off the waitlist last year.

Last edited:
Yeah.. if they interview 1,000, accept 150, put like 400 people (? Idk if this is accurate but seems like at least a third are waitlisted based on who has commented here) on the waitlist 60/400 isn’t great odds…
Bro a school needs to accept you already smh. We have such similar profiles I feel like. SOMEONE ACCEPT THIS GUY/GAL COMEON NOW

Reactions: 6 users
Bro a school needs to accept you already smh. We have such similar profiles I feel like. SOMEONE ACCEPT THIS GUY/GAL COMEON NOW

I really appreciate your support hoping for the best but right now I’m slightly depressed lol

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Post-II R. Gg Pitt
+1. This really ****ing hurts lol. Was not expecting it at all, it looks like this year (based on this thread) they’ve sent out more Rs compared to last year’s threads but idk might be coping. I just don’t understand what went wrong

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I don't see anything in my portal, is there supposed to be another tab added?

WL!! Good luck everyone!!!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
R :(

im less disappointed in the result as i am about how i feel about the impending results coming out in the next few weeks. i had thought this interview went fine....

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
R :(

im less disappointed in the result as i am about how i feel about the impending results coming out in the next few weeks. i had thought this interview went fine....
Same thoughts, if I couldn’t even manage to get a WL here then do I even have a shot at my remaining schools (which are only two T20s)

Reactions: 3 users
Same thoughts, if I couldn’t even manage to get a WL here then do I even have a shot at my remaining schools (which are only two T20s)
that's what I have been thinking too...I don't want to hear back from my other top choice (another top 20) because now I feel like I won't get in

View attachment 382155
Lol, mine is ever so slightly different than yours (haven't checked the portal in like a month, so I don't remember at all what it looked like before for me). Let's see if we get different admissions decisions so that we can freak out future Pitt interviewees as to using the location of the novel portal line break to predict admissions decisions
Can confirm that the combination of bold + the line break after the word "Supplemental" = post-II R:1geek: