2023-2024 Connecticut

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
2023-2024 University of Connecticut Secondary Essay Prompts: (1800 character limit each)

1. Highlight your experiences in the health care field. What insights have you gained about potential problems you will face as a physician?

2. How will the University of Connecticut School of Medicine best serve your needs of becoming a physician or physician scientist?

3. The University of Connecticut School Of Medicine realizes that each applicant brings a unique perspective from a broad range of experiences that have been influential in leading to a career in medicine. How will your own life experiences and unique identity enhance the UConn SoM classroom and community?

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:
University of Connecticut School of Medicine Interview Feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
@wysdoc

All 1800 characters

Highlight your experiences in the health care field. What insights have you gained about potential problems you will face as a physician?

How will the University of Connecticut School of Medicine best serve your needs of becoming a physician or physician scientist?

The Univeristy of Connecticut School Of Medicine realizes that each applicant brings a unique perspective from a broad range of experiences that have been influential in leading to a career in medicine. How will your own life experiences and unique identity enhance the UConn SoM classroom and community?

(and yes, they did mis-spell their own name in their own secondary as bolded)

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
How OOS friendly is UConn? I applied as my stats matched the average but am OOS and don't feel so confident after learning that they have an in-state bias.

Reactions: 1 user
When I fill out the prerequisite coursework, do I put the most relevant course for each subject or any/all course I took that fall under this?

How OOS friendly is UConn? I applied as my stats matched the average but am OOS and don't feel so confident after learning that they have an in-state bias.
msar says its like 75% in state which it should be for all of us living here for our entire lives paying into this awful states terrible taxes. its the legit only state school in ct. Two other schools are private. QU (no loyalty to instate students) and yale (even worse loyalty in state and it has absurd average stats) are the only other options so for normal humans from CT youre kinda ****ed for any instate bias it really sucks.

When I fill out the prerequisite coursework, do I put the most relevant course for each subject or any/all course I took that fall under this?
yeah that was such a mess man, i just put all the normal cores and a few upper level bio/chem courses. no clue wtf they were looking for there

Members don't see this ad :)
msar says its like 75% in state which it should be for all of us living here for our entire lives paying into this awful states terrible taxes. its the legit only state school in ct. Two other schools are private. QU (no loyalty to instate students) and yale (even worse loyalty in state and it has absurd average stats) are the only other options so for normal humans from CT youre kinda ****ed for any instate bias it really sucks.
Yeah, I understand. Do you think it'd be worth a shot as an OOS applicant with stats that matches their average but no state ties?

Yeah, I understand. Do you think it'd be worth a shot as an OOS applicant with stats that matches their average but no state ties?
if you have the money to spare why not, totally doable who knows what they want in an applicant lol but damn oos tuition seems absolutely nuts! no surprise thats CT! lets have CA prices for everything but ass weather for 3/4 of the year lmao

Applying to this school as an OOS applicant, probably a dumb move but im going for it lol

Reactions: 1 users
Did they send a confirmation email to anyone once you submitted the application? I didn't get one, but I submitted and I can't make any other action on my portal

Just checking to see if anyone got a confirmation email. I got one from USC Greenville and they use the same application service.

Are you guys treating the third set of "chemistry course" and "chemistry lab" as orgo I? Confused why there are 6 chemistry entries and only 2 orgo entries total.

Are you guys treating the third set of "chemistry course" and "chemistry lab" as orgo I? Confused why there are 6 chemistry entries and only 2 orgo entries total.

That’s what I did since I didn’t have any other Chem courses with a lab. And then I put Orgo II in the orgo entry.

Do they require four semesters of chemistry labs? I'm one short. :c

Did yall get a confirmation email when u submitted?

secondary received, primary app verified yesterday (international student)

Does Uconn give preference to OOS applicants who did their undergrad in CT?

IS II today, LM 76 complete 8/9

Hi! CT resident with an LM score of 67, didn't apply here originally because i didn't think i had a good chance, is it worth applying now?

Hi! CT resident with an LM score of 67, didn't apply here originally because i didn't think i had a good chance, is it worth applying now?
Not a CT resident (I do have ties though) so take my answer with a grain of salt but I submitted my secondary just about a week ago after being unsure if it was too late, but I ended up going for it. I have a LM score that's near yours and I personally feel like I have somewhat of a shot, so I would say yes if you have the bandwidth and can afford it, especially as a resident! :)

Reactions: 1 users

i don’t see why not, i’m IS and applied with an LM 69/79

hey everyone!! has anyone gotten interviews yet? I submitted my secondary Aug 26 ish.

Still Waiting Office Tv GIF by The Office

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
IS II today! Verified 9/3. LM 76 with very strong ties. Anyone have interview yet? Any tips? Mine is 10/23.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just got an acceptance email at 1:51 PM ET today!! So so grateful 😭

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Accepted yesterday as well! Super excited to start next year!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users