Indiana U vs. Rosalind Franklin

Started by maymee3
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

maymee3

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HELP HELP!

I just got accepted to Rosalind Franklin and am now deciding btwn RFU and Indiana U. I am out of state for IN, so tuition doesn't vary that much. I am trying to factor cost of living, atmosphere of school, education quality, advantages for residency...

If anybody has chosen or goes to these schools or knows about them, any advice is appreciated!

I have also considered going to the only medical school in the state(IU) vs. one of the lesser known medical schools in the state (RFU), clinical experiences, being on a big campus and having those amenities (IU) vs. being on a smaller suburban campus for the 1st 2 years (RFU).

Thanks so much!!
 
HELP HELP!

I just got accepted to Rosalind Franklin and am now deciding btwn RFU and Indiana U. I am out of state for IN, so tuition doesn't vary that much. I am trying to factor cost of living, atmosphere of school, education quality, advantages for residency...

If anybody has chosen or goes to these schools or knows about them, any advice is appreciated!

I have also considered going to the only medical school in the state(IU) vs. one of the lesser known medical schools in the state (RFU), clinical experiences, being on a big campus and having those amenities (IU) vs. being on a smaller suburban campus for the 1st 2 years (RFU).

Thanks so much!!
It all comes to personal preference at this point, imo. IU has a large campus and offers a lot of hospitals for clinical rotations/residency. But you can't become instate while at school unless you're married to someone who works at least a year. The in-state tuition is nice and cheaper. In the end, imo, all med schools are the same in education. So pick what you prefer. Subarban campus is nice, imo, because it offers a more relaxed atmosphere.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.