UCLA Wait List Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Islandprincess, OOS, 12/4 int, 3/12 wl
Kalpit210,IS, 3/10 int, 4/21 wl
Elijah05, IS, 11/12 int, 3/12 wl
Pri84, IS, 01/20 int, 3/12 wl
Buffalover, OOS, 1/27 int, 3/12 wl
Goldenbear09, IS, 10/31 int, 3/12 wl

StJude22, IS, 10/7 int, 3/12 wl

Members don't see this ad.

Jturkel, OOS, 3/16 int, 4/21 wl

Oh man one more list...

Echidna, IS, 3/2 int, 4/21 wl

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh man one more list...

islandprincess, OOS, 12/4 int, 3/12

I started the list now I get left out? :thumbdown:

ilovebear, IS, 10/29 int, 4/28 wl

has anyone called to see how they think this years waitlist movement will be based on how many people withdrew so far?

has anyone called to see how they think this years waitlist movement will be based on how many people withdrew so far?

nope but i think you just volunteered :)

just got off the phone with someone at the admissions office

she said the movement has been very slow so far and that not a lot of spots were open in the class. but they expect most of the movement to happen in early june.

she also asked for my aamc id and said "you're still on the waitlist", does that mean they have started to reject those on the waitlist?

What's the number everytime I call no one answers:(. Is it 310 825 6081

ACCEPTED!!!!

got an email from the fin aid office....and i was confused. but i opened it and it said congrats that i was accepted. so i signed into my account...and it looks like i have been accepted with a student checklist!!! i caaaaaaaaaaaant believe it!!!

ACCEPTED!!!!

got an email from the fin aid office....and i was confused. but i opened it and it said congrats that i was accepted. so i signed into my account...and it looks like i have been accepted with a student checklist!!! i caaaaaaaaaaaant believe it!!!

Awesome!!! :thumbup:

Let's get this UC waitlisters train a movin'. Chooo chooo!!

ACCEPTED!!!!

wow congrats thats a pleasant surprise

Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!!!!

congrats. did you send in anything since you were wait listed?

ACCEPTED!!!!

grats dude!! Guess we won't be classmate at ucd but hopefully ucla. This wait is too much. And my status is still blank lol. But good to know it's moving

Last edited:
ACCEPTED!!!!

congrats!!!!

so this is what i did: i called in ALOT. they knew me pretty well and knew that i was VERY interested, and they even said 2 times, once Lily and once Deanna, that they would write on my file that i was super interested. so dont be shy, tell them that they are your number one choice. i also sent in 2 letters of intent. one before being wait listed and one after. they were short and simple. good luck to everyone!!!!! i hope u all hear good news soon :luck:

so this is what i did: i called in ALOT. they knew me pretty well and knew that i was VERY interested, and they even said 2 times, once Lily and once Deanna, that they would write on my file that i was super interested. so dont be shy, tell them that they are your number one choice. i also sent in 2 letters of intent. one before being wait listed and one after. they were short and simple. good luck to everyone!!!!! i hope u all hear good news soon :luck:
who did you send the letters of intent to?

problem with this is I have no reason to call anymore so I just have to sit tight and hope my letter of intent and update conveys my interest. Good luck everyone! :luck:

things seem to be slower than expected so far yeah?

things seem to be slower than expected so far yeah?

no....i would say it's on par with past years. read the post below, where i analyzed the last two years' waitlists

Copied from 2008-2009

"People accepted to UCLA from waitlist for the 2008 (so from the 2007-2008 thread) entering class:

Mbekweni: accepted from waitlist on may 20th

ACD: accepted on may 27th, interviewed first week of April (no waitlist), withdrew

starshine3: accepted on may 27th, (was waitlisted)

GalaxySystem: accepted on may 30th, (was waitlisted)

axeon123: accepted on may 30th, (was waitlisted), interviewed on Jan 3.

ilovebagels: accepted on may 30th, (was waitlisted), interviewed on Jan 8.

Doc Andy: accepted on June 11th (interviewed 11/15, waitlisted 3/18)

Cowgirl in CA: accepted on June 13th (was waitlisted)

So at least 8 people were accepted off the waitlist. Obviously we need to multipley this number by some coefficient because not everybody who was wailited and then accepted posted on SDN, but if this year is anything like last year, we shoudl not expect much waitlist movement. It's also likely that waitlist will move from May 15th to June 15th,
much like last year."

this courtesy of a phone call in april 2009:

"so i called earlier this week asking about the waitlist movement, and the answer i received was 50%. i asked again if it was "up to 50%" and the answer again was "we take about 50%"..."

another person asking ian about acceptance % off waitlist: "i asked him how many they take ffrom the list, he said 20-40%. "

regarding when we could hear good news regarding UCLA: "I went to the office today, and one of the staff members told me that people should start recieving acceptances off of the WL between June 1st and 30th... after that, one's chances of getting off of the WL as "slimmer"..."

last year, i counted 5 people receiving acceptances in the mail between 5/30 and 6/1

then, 4 more from 6/3 to 6/8

and then 4 more from mid june to about the end of july.

So total that posted on SDN from WL to Acceptance: 13.....pretty solid number IMO...especially when you consider that likely a majority of applicants arent actually on SDN

no....i would say it's on par with past years. read the post below, where i analyzed the last two years' waitlists
oh yeah gotcha - forgot about your bad-a summary. so i guess we'll hopefully see that uptick sometime later this week.

Hello,

I have been accepted off the waitlist at Duke. If I say yes to Duke, does that mean I must attend? I am still waiting for the UCLA waitlist that I would prefer to go to more and I am worried about the financial aid package from Duke. Does anyone know if you sign the letter of intent, if you can withdraw later if you get accepted off the waitlist somewhere else?

Please help.

Thank you!

EZG

Hello,

I have been accepted off the waitlist at Duke. If I say yes to Duke, does that mean I must attend? I am still waiting for the UCLA waitlist that I would prefer to go to more and I am worried about the financial aid package from Duke. Does anyone know if you sign the letter of intent, if you can withdraw later if you get accepted off the waitlist somewhere else?

Please help.

Thank you!

EZG

Yes, you can commit to Duke then withdraw if you get into UCLA. You will lose your deposit at Duke if there is one. Also, if this is your first acceptance or a school you would rather attend over the one you have currently accepted, you should hold a spot there. There is no guarantee for the waitlist at UCLA so holding a spot at a school you would like to attend is a good idea. Good Luck:luck:

i just got off the phone with admissions.

apparently, there has been very little waitlist movement thus far....which we have obviously seen in this thread (1 off the WL so far). she said the WL is unpredictable and obviously depends on if people will be withdrawing....and again, so far she says it has been very slow. so the waiting game continues.

i just got off the phone with admissions.

apparently, there has been very little waitlist movement thus far....which we have obviously seen in this thread (1 off the WL so far). she said the WL is unpredictable and obviously depends on if people will be withdrawing....and again, so far she says it has been very slow. so the waiting game continues.
not looking good...i guess LA may not happen, but i cant give up.

not looking good...i guess LA may not happen, but i cant give up.

yah she didn't sound too optimistic. i asked how much waitlist movement and when it could be anticipated....and she just didn't know. it comes down to the students.....i definitely swore in my head

yah she didn't sound too optimistic. i asked how much waitlist movement and when it could be anticipated....and she just didn't know. it comes down to the students.....i definitely swore in my head
so i take it your off to baylor J if no ucla? Just curious. I figured the WL would be a no go. It seems every year (or at least the past few) people always talk about how the WL movement is "good" at every school. Then near the end when it really happens, people always seemed shocked that nothing happened.:(

I also called today and was told nothing major has happened yet with the wait list. There has to be more movement coming ( I hope). She did sound pretty pessimistic but maybe she was tired of all the calls. Here's to hoping..:luck::luck:

so i take it your off to baylor J if no ucla? Just curious. I figured the WL would be a no go. It seems every year (or at least the past few) people always talk about how the WL movement is "good" at every school. Then near the end when it really happens, people always seemed shocked that nothing happened.:(

yah. i've given up on the Vandy waitlist (750 person waitlist, plus over accepting is a no go) and really don't care much for UChicago anymore regardless if i get in off the WL there. As prestigious as Wash U is, i really don't like the traditional curriculum, the long hours, the less frequent clinical exposure in the first two years, and the grading style. So I'd likely end up at Baylor, which I'm still very happy with. where would you be headed?

In the research I did, most movement happened May 30th to June 15th.....i honestly think there will be more movement then, at least based on previous years/trends.

Last edited:
Can someone please clarify for me when the last day a school can accept students from the waitlist is?

If a student is already accepted else where, can he/she still come off a waitlist (at UCLA for example) if he/she already attended the other school's orientation, but hasn't started classes there?

thanks

Can someone please clarify for me when the last day a school can accept students from the waitlist is?

If a student is already accepted else where, can he/she still come off a waitlist (at UCLA for example) if he/she already attended the other school's orientation, but hasn't started classes there?

thanks

No If you are in orientation at another school you would not get a call from ucla as you are already a med student elsewhere. So the last day would be as soon as you start orientation at another place or basically when class starts at ucla

talk to a nice lady on the phone today, she expected the waitlist to start moving at the beginning of June.

Hey guys... I was almost 100% sure of attending UCLA but I decided to withdraw today. Good luck to you guys waiting! :)

Last edited:
tempuraicecream, OOS, 3/17 int, 4/21 wl

Is it true that if you had a student interviewer, your chances of getting in is slimmer? I had a student interviewer

Has it been confirmed whether the 3/12 vs the 4/21 WL batch has any relationship to odds of admission?

When people give all these stats about 50% admissions from the WL, are they strictly speaking about the official WL or also including the Hold list? It seems like the quotes about the 200-300 people total on the WL might be including the hold list.

Accepted of WL!!! Can't believe it! I live in the Bay Area. Letter was sent 5/25 and I got it today (5/27).

Accepted of WL!!! Can't believe it! I live in the Bay Area. Letter was sent 5/25 and I got it today (5/27).
wow congrats man! did you have a status change on your online thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.