UCLA Wait List Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow congrats man! did you have a status change on your online thing?

Hey waitlist bro. Yeah, it changed. I get an additional line which says "Accepted Student Checklist".

Members don't see this ad.

Has it been confirmed whether the 3/12 vs the 4/21 WL batch has any relationship to odds of admission?

When people give all these stats about 50% admissions from the WL, are they strictly speaking about the official WL or also including the Hold list? It seems like the quotes about the 200-300 people total on the WL might be including the hold list.
nothing like that would be confirmed but i doubt it matters. Something like that is pretty trivial and i doubt would affect who gets in off the WL. So far it looks like its going to be a very slow year. So we just gotta hope. and grats stjude! Gotta wait till tuesday i guess now...

Hey waitlist bro. Yeah, it changed. I get an additional line which says "Accepted Student Checklist".
nice well youre one step ahead of me at this point. if im lucky maybe youll kick off a wave of acceptances.

Members don't see this ad :)
i hope my irvine withdrawl goes to you waitlist bro.
thanks. now i just need you to get into some of those other waitlist schools so you can flip some more to me.

Got off the waitlist yayy! (5/27)

Does anyone know how strict they are about prereqs? I have taken a year of math including linear algebra/diff eqns but no statistics. Should I call the adcom?

Thx!

Congrats, EZG ! When did u int and get wl? Also, you should prob call just to be safe incase u need to enroll in this summer.

Last edited:
Does anyone know why the ucla facebook 2014 page has so few people in it? That's highly unusual for a class that is full.

Does anyone know why the ucla facebook 2014 page has so few people in it? That's highly unusual for a class that is full.
i think its fb and who cares? lol. I know were desperate but correlations from fb may not be worthwhile? I know i havnt joined any fb groups for the schools i was accepted to.

Is today the big day when all that "movement" is supposed to happen??

Time to put the status page on auto refresh..

i doubt there really is "a big day".. but i would hope there is too and that im included.. but i don't feel too optimistic since three people on SDN (which means prob ~24 pepo including non-SDNers already got off the wl)... sigh...

i doubt there really is "a big day".. but i would hope there is too and that im included.. but i don't feel too optimistic since three people on SDN (which means prob ~24 pepo including non-SDNers already got off the wl)... sigh...

how did you come up with that number?

Members don't see this ad :)
So for every 1 person on sdn accepted 8 more not on sdn are accepted?:confused: I wouldnt go that far but i guess who knows. I called seeing if i could see where they were on the WL but i was just told the main movement will be between now and the end of the month but it can happen up until august 2nd, which we all already knew so :shrug:. Gotta keep hoping. I still havnt bothered with housing or such elsewhere if ucla doesnt work out. Hope holding out doesnt bite me back in the end :(

Is today the big day when all that "movement" is supposed to happen??

Time to put the status page on auto refresh..
big day huh did i miss something?

big day huh did i miss something?

Well every time someone called the admissions office, they kept saying that the majority of movement will happen at the beginning of june.. and june starts today

Last edited:
I was just told there probably wont be any movement until the middle of the month. This sucks soooo bad.

jturkel, have you call or sent in anything recently?

not recently. after my interview, i sent in an intent letter. and then i sent an additional intent letter with more info with my waitlist letter i sent back. nothing since then.

i really only like talking to Ian on the phone as I seem to get the most from him. i don't know what days he works, but i'd like to get him back on the phone again lol. so i have not gotten anything new on the phone recently.

I am currently on the wait list at UCLA and have not been accepted anywhere else. If I do not get in to UCLA I plan on applying for admission next year. Should I send in my primaries now or wait to hear from UCLA?

I am currently on the wait list at UCLA and have not been accepted anywhere else. If I do not get in to UCLA I plan on applying for admission next year. Should I send in my primaries now or wait to hear from UCLA?
if it was me id resend my primaries now. UCLA wl doesnt seem to be a good thing this year and it seems to be very very slow. I wouldnt bank on it. But its your choice. If you want you could wait until the end of the month to see if it pans out. Most of the movement should occur this month with it becoming very slow come july. If you wait until class starts in august at UCLA and dont get in, you run the risk of being late and potentially sabotaging your next cycle

Hey guys,

I'm a long time follower, first time poster. I turned down my state school (and only acceptance) in hopes of getting in off this waitlist so I share all of your anxiety!
I'm gonna start filling out AMCAS again in the middle of the month. Its a pain, but hopefully those of us who reapply can take advantage of an early app.
Good luck all!

Hey guys,

I'm a long time follower, first time poster. I turned down my state school (and only acceptance) in hopes of getting in off this waitlist so I share all of your anxiety!
I'm gonna start filling out AMCAS again in the middle of the month. Its a pain, but hopefully those of us who reapply can take advantage of an early app.
Good luck all!

you would rather re-apply than go to your state school?

you would rather re-apply than go to your state school?

My fiance was applying to several PhD programs around the country while I was applying to med schools. Basically, he had to decide before I had heard back from anywhere. Yeah, we both got into our undergrad school, but he got into schools with much better programs including USC (and I had interviewed at places I much preferred). I've had my heart set on UCLA from the beginning, so we decided to move to LA. I know it's a risk, but if I had remained at my state school, I would have started this summer (its an early start program) and lost the chance to go UCLA. I don't want to reapply, but I'm certainly willing if that's what it takes. :rolleyes:

Am i the only one still obsessively check their status each day:laugh:. I guess there wont be any movement really this week...I fee l like im running out of time to decide on my other schools waiting for ucla:scared:. Since most of us here are probably accepted elsewhere and would just rather go to UCLA, how long are you guys willing to wait? Im kinda torn, i would go to ucla if they called me one day before classes, but also since it seems like i will not get into ucla, i would like to set up housing arrangements with other students at my other school, but everyone is doing that now so i feel like if i wait its going to be tough to find something...

Yep, I still obsessively check my status too. Its hard to try to move on from this because my life would be SO different if I am able to go to UCLA. The other school chose on May 15th, has a pre-matriculation program I was invited to attend so I have to find housing even earlier than most. I just wish I could hear back from UCLA so I don't even have to look for housing and can enjoy my summer. I have tried all that I can so its just up to them :luck:

Yep, I still obsessively check my status too. Its hard to try to move on from this because my life would be SO different if I am able to go to UCLA. The other school chose on May 15th, has a pre-matriculation program I was invited to attend so I have to find housing even earlier than most. I just wish I could hear back from UCLA so I don't even have to look for housing and can enjoy my summer. I have tried all that I can so its just up to them :luck:
yah my school also has a premat program id be interested in but i feel like i cant sign up becuase it starts in early july...who knows maybe id get a call from them...

Me too. I kinda wonder if they can see how often we log into that thing... Rank us on how committed and/or insane we are :p

haha... that's a funny thot happynole....hope not, bc i think a couple of you definitely beat me to it.......

as to your question elijah... i was just thinking about that this morning, but i think alot of us still obsessively check.. we just don't say anything bc there's no point since there's nothing new......

i didn't go back to the old forums to check for previous years, but i feel like it's a lil weird that so little movement has occurred since May 15. i wonder if that means most accepted students kept their seats... :(

Well, Ian was especially vague today. Said there has been some movement and it'll be ongoing til August. Basically stuff we already know. I asked how the movement this year compares to last and he said "slow." I guess we knew that too... I need a hug.

Am i the only one still obsessively check their status each day:laugh:. I guess there wont be any movement really this week...I fee l like im running out of time to decide on my other schools waiting for ucla:scared:. Since most of us here are probably accepted elsewhere and would just rather go to UCLA, how long are you guys willing to wait? Im kinda torn, i would go to ucla if they called me one day before classes, but also since it seems like i will not get into ucla, i would like to set up housing arrangements with other students at my other school, but everyone is doing that now so i feel like if i wait its going to be tough to find something...

i check 3 or so times a day.

i want to wait, but can't much longer. while waiting, i'm trying to find a roommate in TX (and i don't live there). this is proving very difficult. i think i could wait till NEXT friday (June 18th) but no longer.

At least most of you guys have acceptances. Here's me sitting at zero, and I just got put on hold at UCLA. Sigh... there goes my dreams.

Though it may be an exercise in futility, I will still try my darnedest to get off of this hold list. Anyone believe in miracles? :(

At least most of you guys have acceptances. Here's me sitting at zero, and I just got put on hold at UCLA. Sigh... there goes my dreams.

Though it may be an exercise in futility, I will still try my darnedest to get off of this hold list. Anyone believe in miracles? :(
not a huge believer lol :p. but you never know. Heres to hoping!:)

anyone call yet to see what the movement will be like this week?

EDIT: I saw HappyNole called. Anyone else?

there's no point in calling.... most likely they won't tell u... and if they do... usually different pepo tell u different things...

Hi everyone

Does any one know if UCLA has only unranked waitlist or a hold list too? I have heard different things from different people.

Best of luck to all of you and me :xf::)

sunny1227 said:
there's no point in calling.... most likely they won't tell u... and if they do... usually different pepo tell u different things...

Yeah completely agree. I've stopped myself from calling a few times in the past couple weeks, feeling like I'm not gonna get anything out of it -- same old "wait, your file's still on waitlist and will be reviewed, movement can happen till august."

I mean it sucks and I wish we got more detailed answers when we call but one thing I've learned this application cycle is that the admissions committee is in total control and will do what they want, when they want; and tell you what they want, when they want haha.

Hi everyone

Does any one know if UCLA has only unranked waitlist or a hold list too? I have heard different things from different people.

Best of luck to all of you and me :xf::)

they have both an unranked WL and a hold list. 2 diff lists. The hold list is kinda like a psuedo rejection as they dont touch it until the WL is exhausted.

Yeah completely agree. I've stopped myself from calling a few times in the past couple weeks, feeling like I'm not gonna get anything out of it -- same old "wait, your file's still on waitlist and will be reviewed, movement can happen till august."

I mean it sucks and I wish we got more detailed answers when we call but one thing I've learned this application cycle is that the admissions committee is in total control and will do what they want, when they want; and tell you what they want, when they want haha.
Yah i stopped calling too. I kinda just want to ask them, please tell me if im wasting my time becuase i dont want to wait if i have no chance:(. Im going to wait until as long as possible but time is running out. They have to have some type of ranking i just dont get it. There have to be students who they know have little to no chance.

same here. trying to be realistic, but hoping for a miracle anyways :xf:

They said they rank about 15 students at a time but there's no way to know if you are ranked i guess.

Where is everyone???? Have you guys given up? :(

Anyway, I think today is the deadline for those who received waitlist acceptances to accept/decline their spots. Hopefully, some have declined. Here's to next week. :luck:

Anyway, I think today is the deadline for those who received waitlist acceptances to accept/decline their spots. Hopefully, some have declined. Here's to next week. :luck:
nice. thanks for the heads up.

sigh..i've sent in as much stuff as I possibly could..we shall see what happens

Well I don't know for sure but it is two weeks since they reported receiving a letter and as I understand it you have two weeks to decide.
oh yeah i guess that makes sense. i kind of lost track (and hope) admittedly at this point

havnt given up, but im just realizing that the WL is so slow here the chance any of us comes off is a slim to none chance. Trying to prepare for the very likely chance im done here. There are 200 or so people on it and its impossible to know but i cant imagine more then 15-20 or so people have come off it at this point? We have to likely be in the top of their list...anyways thank for the heads up.

Why can't they just do a ranked waitlist to at least give us an indicator of our likelihood. It's so frustrating to keep waiting, hoping each day to finally hear something

well since the two week limit is up, let's hope some spots open up for all of us and we all get in! here's to hoping! :xf:

Why can't they just do a ranked waitlist to at least give us an indicator of our likelihood. It's so frustrating to keep waiting, hoping each day to finally hear something

I'm pretty sure they rank everyone to some extent, they just don't tell you. I had a professor who told me everyone is ranked even if they tell you otherwise. It's frustrating to not know where you stand so you can either continue waiting or plan for your other school. Ugh.

I also talked to Ian today. He said the class is full but the process is still ongoing. I don't reckon this can mean good news for people the waitlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.