2008 - 2009 UNC Chapel Hill Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucky number 13

Members don't see this ad.

So they say we are going to get finaid by the end of May, have any of you received it yet and when they say by the end of may does that mean it could be sooner?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just want to say I took my last exam today and I am officially done with undergrad!!! :soexcited: I must spend my summer being as unproductive as possible lol...to make up for how much work I'll have to start this fall. I am also going to try to make myself a morning person this summer...waking up at 6, I guess I'll go to the Y..we'll see how that goes. :p

So a certain someone is back..and has decided to take his whining into the allopathic forum..haha

So a certain someone is back..and has decided to take his whining into the allopathic forum..haha

*sigh*... I even tried to be nice to him when he PMed me. But you see, his arguments are reality, man, and we can't handle the reality. If you disagree, call him out on it, or otherwise produce anything more than a smile and a nod then heaven help you. You're either being angry and emotional because you don't want to accept the reality or viciously attacking him personally.

sarcasm is valid when you actually are being an objective thinker. I just find it really funny that you all (same ~7-8 people) are getting worked up for just one point that I am trying to make. If you don't like it then you are not obligated to say anything.
I just raised a mere point when all of this started and then it just blew up when everyone became emotional. If you must say anything at least try to take it not too seriously. After all, this is just merely an anonymous forum. No need to shorten hours of your lifespan by fericiously and unrulingly disagreeing what everything I have to say. Calm, and objectivity will take you alot farther in life than irrational thoughts and those silly uncivilized emotions.

And thama remember in our PMs wasn't I being nice when you took out your emotions out of the equation?! Didn't I congragulate you and said best of luck in your future endeavours? You were actually being thoughtful and analytical without getting worked up for no reason. What happened? You changed your mind about me. You can read my post in allopathic and not believe what chubby has to say because he just takes everything out of context and thinks he is better than everyone. So, he has to justify that by being mildy sarcastic and mysterious in his posts.

Last edited:
You know you are going to get banned this time . . . I think the "On Hold" was a warning.

Oh, Neil. You have no idea how amusing you are... and predictable.

then it just blew up when everyone became emotional.

There's only one person getting emotional here. The rest of us are merely experiencing something not totally unlike watching an episode of Family Guy.

No need to shorten hours of your lifespan by fericiously and unrulingly disagreeing what everything I have to say. Calm, and objectivity will take you alot farther in life than irrational thoughts and those silly uncivilized emotions.

I'm pretty used to deciphering broken English and I don't even understand enough of what you were trying to say here to attempt a response to the rest of your post.

(dupe)

Last edited:
Oh, Neil. You have no idea how amusing you are... and predictable.

There's only one person getting emotional here. The rest of us are merely experiencing something not totally unlike watching an episode of Family Guy.

I'm pretty used to deciphering broken English and I don't even understand enough of what you were trying to say here to attempt a response to the rest of your post.

You and your pitiable American English. no real rules, inconsistent, different versions of a language and blah blah blah. This is so funny now. The dude doesn't understand that this is an informal and anonymous forum. How old are you? If you have kids, I hope you don't damage them too much. haha am telling everyone at my research work bout this. they are laughling at you right now. knowing fundamentals of the universe is like dude way more important than the semi-irrational english language. this is why most people around the world use it. it's like a form of communi. that's easier to learn and can be butchered since there are few real rules needed for adequate verbal comm. iknow u are trying to inflame this thread. but u haven't succedded. mods will definetly look to that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Neil, for everyone's benefit, PLEASE stop posting in here. You have no reason to post on the UNC Secondary Thread anymore.

Just a reminder that this thread is for the discussion of UNC related application issues. If your posts are regularly detrimental to this discussion, you may face disciplinary action.

To illustrate this, I've prepared some vignettes to help get the point across:

User A: But Depakote! I'm going to UNC and I want to bond with my classmates! How do I know if my regular posting qualifies as disruptive?

Depakote: If that's the case, you're probably fine.

User B: I see Depakote, so this means that if I've gotten in trouble for disrupting this thread before... I should probably stop posting here?

Depakote: Yup.

Thanks all. ;)

So what all do we need to fill out before enrolling at UNC?

So what all do we need to fill out before enrolling at UNC?

Did you get the email with the links to all those word docs? The major part is immunizations and tests for TB, HepB and chicken pox that has to be in by July 1.

Supposedly end of May. Which probably means sometime between June and orientation.

Why is the SOM so slow with this? My friends in Pharmacy school got their package 3 weeks ago.

Hey all, For those of you who are in CH next year, I'm looking for a roommate in Finley Forest (where I bought a townhouse). It's a 3bd/2.5ba and I ideally want to share with just one other person (aka you get 2 rooms + private bath). It's a 30 second walk from the Friday center bus stop and the Safe Ride G bus stop, close to I-40, Southpoint, right across from Meadowmont, community includes pool and tennis courts, has a deck and side yard, gas grill, etc. I'm asking $540 + 1/2 utilities. http://lemonnsweett.blogspot.com/. If you have any questions my number is 919-648-2199 or email is [email protected]. ~Ginny

Aaand, good luck to all still waiting on news and thanks for posting the schedule for next year!

Why is the SOM so slow with this? My friends in Pharmacy school got their package 3 weeks ago.

Really? I don't know. The SOM often gets the shaft in school politics at UNC, and more politically aggressive schools (especially nursing) tend to get their way.

Did you get the email with the links to all those word docs? The major part is immunizations and tests for TB, HepB and chicken pox that has to be in by July 1.
Yeah...but there was like 15 links..and they were all jumbled up so it was confusing.

Yeah...but there was like 15 links..and they were all jumbled up so it was confusing.

Just print out all those docs. Most of them are things you have to return to the SOM, some as soon as July 1.

Just print out all those docs. Most of them are things you have to return to the SOM, some as soon as July 1.

I would love to have documents to print out and return to SOM by July 1. :xf:

I would love to have documents to print out and return to SOM by July 1. :xf:

Is final call May 15 for you guys? Good luck if so... that's a nerve-wracking 2 weeks.

Oh, and Chubby... I just saw that there is one set of docs (regarding Intro to Clinical Medicine) that needs to be returned May 11. Pronto and Post Haste. (sorry)

Is final call May 15 for you guys? Good luck if so... that's a nerve-wracking 2 weeks.

Oh, and Chubby... I just saw that there is one set of docs (regarding Intro to Clinical Medicine) that needs to be returned May 11. Pronto and Post Haste. (sorry)

Final call is technically the day before classes start, but most movement on the waitlist will be around May 15. Hopefully we'll here soon! :xf:

O ****...thanks haha.

Final call is technically the day before classes start, but most movement on the waitlist will be around May 15. Hopefully we'll here soon! :xf:

I don't know about that honestly. May 15th may be the deadline, but I suspect this will drag on into late July with most movement happening prior to that . . .

Damn it..i tried to print out all that crap and my ink ran out..haha

LOLers. I went to get my shots and tests today. Lots of pain. God I hate tetanus shots.

Thanks for the heads up :):)

I don't know about that honestly. May 15th may be the deadline, but I suspect this will drag on into late July with most movement happening prior to that . . .

I am hoping the it will be closer to late May/early June, which would definitely be better for UNC. Then they get all their paperwork, etc taken care of early/on time as well. But you may be right....

I am hoping the it will be closer to late May/early June, which would definitely be better for UNC. Then they get all their paperwork, etc taken care of early/on time as well. But you may be right....

We'll see how it all pans out. One thing is certain, UNC and "early/on time" don't really go together. :)

I just found out that someone apparently got off the waitlist 3 wks ago

i'm sure there will be a lot of movement around May 15th but I just wanted to let you guys know...i'm related to the student

What goes on on the 15th, Finaid packets or AMCAS deadline?

That is the last date for people who have been accepted to declare they are coming to UNC or turning down the offer. It is presumed that people on the waitlist will be called shortly after this deadline. After that, theres really not much hope. :(

I saw there were 2 different forms asking for Immunization info. The first said the deadline was May 15th and the other said the deadline was July 1. Anybody know which is the real deadline?

Also, I am still looking for a roommate/roommates in August. It is a 3 br/2.5 ba townhouse in Finley Forest that is literally right on the Friday Center bus lines (there are 3 within a 30 second walk that go to the medical school and another within a 2 minute walk). It's also right on the weekend night bus line that runs to Franklin Street and has a nice side yard, deck, gas grill.
Map - http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3616/3383037517_683aaab61b_o.jpg

The townhouse is 1500 sq ft with fresh paint, new carpets, replaced appliances, etc. Right across the road from Meadowmont, convenient to I-40 and Southpoint. Community includes pool and tennis courts. For two bedrooms + private bath to one person, I am asking $540/month + 1/2 utilities. To rent one bedroom and a shared bath, the cost is $400/month + 1/3 utilities.

Additional info: http://lemonnsweett.blogspot.com/

Let me know if you're interested or have any questions!
919-648-2119 or [email protected]
Thanks, Ginny

I saw there were 2 different forms asking for Immunization info. The first said the deadline was May 15th and the other said the deadline was July 1. Anybody know which is the real deadline?

The SOM stuff needs to be in by July 1st. Campus Health may have a different deadline, but I haven't paid attention as I was a UNC undergrad and still have records there.

That is the last date for people who have been accepted to declare they are coming to UNC or turning down the offer. It is presumed that people on the waitlist will be called shortly after this deadline. After that, theres really not much hope. :(

I don't think it all happens instantly after May 15. I think the waitlist drags on for quite some time.

Campus Health does have a different deadline -- it's May 15.

Campus Health needs records of the basic immunizations -- MMR, etc.

The SOM needs records of the more medically-related immunizations: TB, Hep, titers, etc.

The SOM stuff needs to be in by July 1st. Campus Health may have a different deadline, but I haven't paid attention as I was a UNC undergrad and still have records there.

The problem is, we can't do anything until we have our PID and really the campus health won't do anything to you unless you don't have them in AFTER schools starts. It seems a little bit early for a deadline like that. Especially since FINAID isn't out yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.