2008 - 2009 UNC Chapel Hill Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the info from everyone else has been so helpful- here is mine:

AMCAS verified 8/29, MCAT scores sent on 10/7, received secondary invite 10/14.

MCAT 31S, GPA 3.89, sci GPA 3.88

Are you in-state or out-of-state?

Members don't see this ad.

in-state. sorry, very important detail! and the question about the LOR's. Mine won't be sent by my committee until the end of the month, so I don't think there is any rush.

Hey, does anyone have any sort of idea when UNC will send out there first acceptances...I interviewed late sept.

Members don't see this ad :)
i thought its 6 weeks after interview. not sure though

Any one who is graduating/graduated from UNC, and who is applying to UNC, please do this:

1. Go to student central and log in.
2. Under the "Student Personal Information", select "Medical School" and hit GO.

I'm very curious, because it says on the webpage that student central accesses data directly from the student information database, and it might be very revealing.

Anyone know if any OOS interview invites have gone out or when they will begin to?

Anyone know if any OOS interview invites have gone out or when they will begin to?

yeah im wondering the same thing, my secondary has been complete for almost 2 weeks now

Any one who is graduating/graduated from UNC, and who is applying to UNC, please do this:

1. Go to student central and log in.
2. Under the "Student Personal Information", select "Medical School" and hit GO.

I'm very curious, because it says on the webpage that student central accesses data directly from the student information database, and it might be very revealing.

I remembered my password (somehow) and checked it. It has nothing but address, DOB, etc, etc. There is a column for "Initial Admission" so that might reveal something after an interview (and following adcom meeting).

if you chose the adcom option when logging in, there are three fat green red and yellow buttons at the bottom of the page: accept, decline, waitlist.

It wont tell you anything because that wont be updated until closer to matriculation (middle of next summer).

I remembered my password (somehow) and checked it. It has nothing but address, DOB, etc, etc. There is a column for "Initial Admission" so that might reveal something after an interview (and following adcom meeting).

Thanks for checking. Mine says the same thing. At least the message for the MD page is better than what you get when you click on the law school option.

Members don't see this ad :)
So so far no one has heard about a regular admissions acceptance to UNC? I interviewed late September and am waiting anxiously to hear more as I know most of us are...

I read last ytears acce thread and noone on sdn got in till midish november.

Hey tarheel lovers...I sent in my secondary (oos) about a month ago and haven't heard anything, either.

To those that have had interviews:

When they finally ended up calling to schedule interviews, how far in advance was it scheduled for?

Also, just so everyone knows, I know that UNC has given out at least one acceptance.

I read last ytears acce thread and noone on sdn got in till midish november.

Makes sense, I contacted them regarding my app's status. They said decisions go out 4-6 after interviews.

So add 4-6 weeks to the 9/23 [Non-ED] interview start date and include the obligatory 2 weeks of UNC delay time, and mid november sounds right on time.

Any word on OOS interviews?

Should I call and ask them when they start giving OOS interviews?

Do they even give any OOS interviews?

Am I gonna get an interview?

How many sentences can I come up with that end with interviews?

Any word on OOS interviews?

Should I call and ask them when they start giving OOS interviews?

Do they even give any OOS interviews?

Am I gonna get an interview?

How many sentences can I come up with that end with interviews?

I'm wondering about this myself... interviews.

WOO!

Got the call from my interviewer yesterday. I'm going to UNC, and I'm officially done with the application process! For any others trying to gauge when they might hear I interviewed on 9/24.

Good luck to everyone, especially all the patient out of staters.

Are you an ISer?

WOO!

Got the call from my interviewer yesterday. I'm going to UNC, and I'm officially done with the application process! For any others trying to gauge when they might hear I interviewed on 9/24.

WOO!

I am jealous...

@fenixwbp

can u check ur student central page and see what it says under the "medical school" option in the personal information field?:)

So my AMCAS application must be collecting dust at UNC (not literally if they don't print them out). I have been waiting to hear whether I will be getting a secondary or not since August 12. A big reason for this is that I am OOS. But 10 weeks is ridiculous! have called the admissions office a bunch over the last month, but nothing has come out of it. Are other Out of State students having the same problems?

There was an OOS student at my interview day. The admissions person I talked to told me that they've only given out 5 OOS interviews so far. They are still working on it, but are getting through the instate first.

WOO!

what are your stats if you don't mind saying?

There was an OOS student at my interview day. The admissions person I talked to told me that they've only given out 5 OOS interviews so far. They are still working on it, but are getting through the instate first.

Seriously, only 5????

So my AMCAS application must be collecting dust at UNC (not literally if they don't print them out). I have been waiting to hear whether I will be getting a secondary or not since August 12. A big reason for this is that I am OOS. But 10 weeks is ridiculous! have called the admissions office a bunch over the last month, but nothing has come out of it. Are other Out of State students having the same problems?

Yep. My guess is since they haven't rejected anyone, that's where we're headed when they get around to it. Some OOS have already gotten secondaries, and they've passed us up.

Here's to hoping that week 8 (post-we want to interview you, we'll call you email) brings a 919 phone call...people can get accepted and I can't even get a day and time

I just called admissions and they are starting to give more OOS interviews. They usually start interviewing OOSers in mid-November...They should be receiving a call at the end of the week. Unfortunately she could not see my file in the batch that was going to be called for interviews...:(

I just called admissions and they are starting to give more OOS interviews. They usually start interviewing OOSers in mid-November...They should be receiving a call at the end of the week. Unfortunately she could not see my file in the batch that was going to be called for interviews...:(

did she tell you when they were going to finish calling IS people?

did she tell you when they were going to finish calling IS people?

I believe that the ISers are called until Feb, but they really start looking at and interviewing the OOSers starting in November...

Don't worry. UNC loves you ISers more...

Did is seem that she would have gone ahead and given you the invite had you been in the pile??

Did is seem that she would have gone ahead and given you the invite had you been in the pile??

I think she was going to, which makes it even sadder... She actually took a good amount of time trying to locate the files... Alas, I shall have to wait some more...

Status
Not open for further replies.