2011-2012 Washington University in St. Louis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the kind words and support, everyone. I really love this school, and the students seem fantastic. Due to some recent occurrences, going to Wash U will unfortunately not be an option for me. I was actually going to remove myself from the Wash U and Vanderbilt waitlists earlier this week, but I never got around to it. My significant other received a great job offer in Houston, so I am headed to Baylor (which I am thrilled about, don't get me wrong :)). I let Dr. Dodson know this on the phone so that he wouldn't need to send me out the packet. I wish I'd had this option just a little earlier! This phone call was actually a little painful to receive.

Members don't see this ad.

Cinclus, Baylor is such a great medical school and with the resources of the UT system, you'll be prepared for anything. :)

I also received an acceptance call from Dean Dodson Friday. If you're a current MD or current MSTP student, could I PM you? Thanks!

Cinclus, Baylor is such a great medical school and with the resources of the UT system, you'll be prepared for anything. :)

I also received an acceptance call from Dean Dodson Friday. If you're a current MD or current MSTP student, could I PM you? Thanks!

Sure. I'm a second year MD student (well just finished second year) and my boyfriend is an MSTP student. I can pass on any MSTP questions to him if you'd like.

Members don't see this ad :)

I'm open too, just finished first year.

Hey guys. Quick question regarding expected personal contribution. I'm single and made ~$25,000 last year and have 0 assets (yay me!) Just wondering if anybody could guesstimate a personal contribution as patience is not one of my virtues.

Last edited:
4000+ maybe?

Depends on if they calculate it as a value above a threshold or a percentage of income. I made about 3/4 that and my contribution is like 2700.

At least after this year it will go way down since you likely won't make much in school

Anyone know if the class is finalized, or if there has been any recent movement?

Hey guys. Quick question regarding expected personal contribution. I'm single and made ~$25,000 last year and have 0 assets (yay me!) Just wondering if anybody could guesstimate a personal contribution as patience is not one of my virtues.

I was told by the financial aid office that your expected student contribution is about a third of your salary + savings.

I too am curious to know whether the class is finalized

Hey guys, I called the admissions office this morning and they told me that most of the waitlist movement occurred already, but there will be a little more movement. I'm not sure whether this means the class is finalized though.

Hey guys, super excited to be a part of WUSM class of 2016! Does anyone have a place with a spare bedroom looking for a roommate? If so, please message me! :)

Hey guys, I called the admissions office this morning and they told me that most of the waitlist movement occurred already, but there will be a little more movement. I'm not sure whether this means the class is finalized though.

It means that by this time in the cycle, almost everyone is at as close to their top choice school as they can be. The class won't be finalized until school starts and people can't get their money back. Of course, there will always be someone who gets off the waitlist at Harvard or UCSF or something - or they decide to defer a year.

Good luck to you too, sir! I recognize we both want the same remaining spots (probably less than ten, maybe even only five - or perhaps none - I'm sure it varies from year to year), but may everyone get in to their top choice schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Zahn! Best of luck to you as well!

Thank you! I wonder how much we actually mean that. I'm just saying, if they put us into a cage and said only one of us comes out of alive and he gets to go to Wash U . . .

Well, you should be glad that isn't the case.

Was just accepted off the waitlist a few days ago! :) ... Anyone know how active the Facebook group is? I requested membership but haven't been granted access yet. Scrambling to find housing now ...

Was just accepted off the waitlist a few days ago! :) ... Anyone know how active the Facebook group is? I requested membership but haven't been granted access yet. Scrambling to find housing now ...

You and me both... hahaha. I emailed [email protected] (Chris) to get put on the roommate email list and he sent me a list of ppl looking. There seems to be some people on the facebook group still searching. I'm re-reading the dis-o guide and planning a trip to shop around soon. This has been a complete honor, but damm scrambling to get all this paperwork in has been madness... at least the fin aid office was really nice and super fast!

You and me both... hahaha. I emailed [email protected] (Chris) to get put on the roommate email list and she sent me a list of ppl looking. There seems to be some people on the facebook group still searching. I'm re-reading the dis-o guide and planning a trip to shop around soon. This has been a complete honor, but damm scrambling to get all this paperwork in has been madness... at least the fin aid office was really nice and super fast!

FTFY. :p I think that's a mistake everyone makes.

FTFY. :p I think that's a mistake everyone makes.

mother-god-meme.jpg

Lol that would explain why I hadn't heard from her yet ... I had the wrong email address. Whoops ahaha.

Can some individuals on the waitlist list their stats?

Status
Not open for further replies.