2013-2014 Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received the alternate list email for CCLCM. In past years, is there also movement on CCLCM's alternate list? Any idea how many people might be on it?

Members don't see this ad.

Just received the alternate list email for CCLCM. In past years, is there also movement on CCLCM's alternate list? Any idea how many people might be on it?

Was also put on the "hold list" for CCLCM and am wondering the same thing!

Also got put on the 'alternate list'. Is everyone on the high hold and hold list that they are still considering go here? Did anyone receive any rejections yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also got put on the 'alternate list'. Is everyone on the high hold and hold list that they are still considering go here? Did anyone receive any rejections yet?

I have a friend who was rejected yesterday. Still silence here.

You don't know for sure yet. I was also on 'hold'.

I got regular "hold" for CCLCM and FWIW, I have long taken this to be a rejection.

Lets be real. 32 students + full tuition scholarship... aaand there is a 'high hold' list. I doubt they could possibly have such low yield that they'd exhaust the 'high hold' list.

I got regular "hold" for CCLCM and FWIW, I have long taken this to be a rejection.

Lets be real. 32 students + full tuition scholarship... aaand there is a 'high hold' list. I doubt they could possibly have such low yield that they'd exhaust the 'high hold' list.

Oh, don't worry. I am not expecting anything much to change at this point. I agree with you 100%. I simply meant that there was a chance that the previous poster could be placed on the alternate list, I wasn't referring to their/ my chances of acceptance.

I was on the "high hold" list and got a status update saying I'm now on the "hold" list because they have completed their class. Not sure if other people got similar messages.

I was on the "high hold" list and got a status update saying I'm now on the "hold" list because they have completed their class. Not sure if other people got similar messages.

So they have a 'hold' list and an 'alternate' list at this point?

oh whoops--i went from the "high hold" to the "alternate list". Not sure how many lists they have right now..

Okay, I think they only have one alternate list at this point, however I am sure there must be some ranking within that list as well because it contains those who were previously on high hold and hold.

Members don't see this ad :)
High hold to alternate list for me as well...and the wait continues

Got the call from Dean Franco this afternoon! So excited to join the class of 2019 this July:happy:

Reactions: 6 users
Rejected by CCLCM this afternoon via status update. Glad to have had the opportunity to interview. Congrats to all that were accepted.

Last edited:
If anyone is interested I found out from the withdraw survey that 16 people declined their acceptances at cclcm and as of this morning only 12 people filled it out (it showed how many responses they expected versus how many received). That doesn't really indicate if they haven't filled up or not, since people might have just not filled out their survey, but it's a data point.

If they have filled, per the above posts, it would indicate a yield of 66% this year. Pretty high, but probably unsurprising.

Good luck to the alternates and congrats on the admits. I'm going to Minnesota- see you in 4 or 5!

Reactions: 1 user
Will be withdrawing from the university track today. Sorry for taking to long but financial aid just came through today and... :( Amazing school, this feels like a breakup

If anyone is interested I found out from the withdraw survey that 16 people declined their acceptances at cclcm and as of this morning only 12 people filled it out (it showed how many responses they expected versus how many received). That doesn't really indicate if they haven't filled up or not, since people might have just not filled out their survey, but it's a data point.

If they have filled, per the above posts, it would indicate a yield of 66% this year. Pretty high, but probably unsurprising.

Good luck to the alternates and congrats on the admits. I'm going to Minnesota- see you in 4 or 5!

I withdrew my acceptance from CCLCM about a month ago, and received a withdrawal survey a few days later (which I filled out). However, I received the same survey again recently in my email, but didn't fill it out a second time. So I'm not sure if I'm part of the 12 who completed the survey or 4 who didn't. Anyway, just thought I'd put it out there. Hope it helps!

Withdrew my University Track acceptance and scholarship last week-hope the money will help some of you guys out!

just got the call from Mr. Essman! I am in! By far my top choice school :)OMG I CANT BELIEVE IT

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone gotten a confirmation email after submitting their intent to be on the alternate list? I know that I filled it out, but just in case I'm not on the alternate list.... >__>

Has anyone gotten a confirmation email after submitting their intent to be on the alternate list? I know that I filled it out, but just in case I'm not on the alternate list.... >__>
If you're talking about CCLCM, I got a reply e-mail that said, "We appreciate your continued interest in our school." That was it. I wouldn't read too much into it. You did send it to [email protected], right?

Was there a form that we had to fill out for CCLCM alternate list? I jsut sent an email expressing my interest.

Was there a form that we had to fill out for CCLCM alternate list? I jsut sent an email expressing my interest.

You were supposed to say whether or not you accepted the position on the alternate list.

No, I'm talking about the University Track. There was an email that asked us to fill out a survey of whether or not we wanted to be part of the waitlist.

[QUOTE"kimicurtis, post: 15209697, member: 401509"]You were supposed to say whether or not you accepted the position on the alternate list.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I just went an email saying that I would like to remain on the alternate lost. But haven't received any responses or confirmation.

[QUOTE"kimicurtis, post: 15209697, member: 401509"]You were supposed to say whether or not you accepted the position on the alternate list.
Yeah, I just went an email saying that I would like to remain on the alternate lost. But haven't received any responses or confirmation.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't worry about not getting a confirmation from them. I sent an update e-mail in December and never received a confirmation e-mail either.

Disregard my previous comments. I got accepted to the University Track today (my phone doesn't work very well so I didn't pick up the acceptance call yesterday). See you all in July!

Congrats to all those recently accepted!

Is there a facebook group I could join to meet other new accepted students? I can't find one and facebook wont let me make one by myself lol

are they done pulling from the alt list (for UT)?

the case western admiss twitter hasn't said anything about the second batch of alt list acceptances even though they tweeted the first batch

I hope not! =]
If you want to get your hopes up, the Facebook group has dropped by about 4 members since its maximum. Of course, the group is about double the class size of both UT and CCLCM combined, but maybe that means there is just enough room for both of us!

Last edited:
Got accepted off the alternate list yesterday!

Just wanted to post here just in case people were waiting for updates just like I was...

Got accepted off the alternate list yesterday!

Just wanted to post here just in case people were waiting for updates just like I was...

Congrats!
Was this college track or university?

For people that are on a waiting list..... is it helpful to send in an update??? do some schools already have a ranked waiting list so an update won't help anyways? I am just wondering if an update would be helpful this late in the game. My update is somewhat significant, I have a recent publication.

Case said that they don't rank their waiting list numerically (I remember them talking about building a class in terms of demographics and experiences), so I think gives them a little more flexibility to take into account things like updates. I've sent in a few updates and Christian has responded, so I don't see why a new publication would do anything other than increase your chances! I intend to keep sending them updates until I am accepted, either now or in the distant future. Worst Case scenario, we've already started building a good Case for them to fast-list us for next year, provided that my compulsive tendency toward puns does not annoy them. My strategy is that they can only handle so many bad puns before they give in.

On a related note, does anyone know whether letter of recommendation updates are acceptable? One of my mentors is a very busy dean who wrote a letter for me in 2012 but I was unable to track him down again this year! A month ago, I finally got into contact with him and he has offered to write a letter of support, but I wonder if it is proper protocol to do this?

Did anyone from alternate list get accepted in the last two weeks?

At this point, those on the alternate list for CCLCM are just waiting for currently accepted student to decline their offer at CCLCM right?