2013-2014 Eastern Virginia Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there any EVMS 2018 class facebook page?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys!

I hope I can be of a little bit of hope to some of you. I go to EVMS and I am an M1 here right now. I interviewed late last cycle (February) and was placed on the waitlist (frustratingly). I was either upper 1/3 or middle 1/3, can't quite remember. I sent in a letter of intent (not sure how much that actually helped me though) and then I was accepted a few days later off of the waitlist (in mid-March).
Keep your head up, the class is not full by any means!! There's still a lot of movement going on. We have one guy in my class that got in two weeks before classes started!

Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Reactions: 2 users
Also, for the accepted students:

If you're looking for a place to live and you want to live in a modern building in the center of downtown, be sure to check out Metro on Granby.
It's brand spanking new and the pre-construction pricing makes it affordable to little medical students like ourselves.
The prices last until mid-June I believe so lease quickly if possible.
It's also only a block away from the Tide (light rail) stop so you can be at school in no time.

Just a suggestion, but if you decide to lease there, tell them Joi sent you!!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ACCEPTANCES :)
Welcome to the best school ever. (I may be biased)

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, for the accepted students:

If you're looking for a place to live and you want to live in a modern building in the center of downtown, be sure to check out Metro on Granby.
It's brand spanking new and the pre-construction pricing makes it affordable to little medical students like ourselves.
The prices last until mid-June I believe so lease quickly if possible.
It's also only a block away from the Tide (light rail) stop so you can be at school in no time.

Just a suggestion, but if you decide to lease there, tell them Joi sent you!!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ACCEPTANCES :)
Welcome to the best school ever. (I may be biased)

Apparently that place is min ~$950 for studio rooms. Any other recommendations??

Last edited:
Officially withdrew from here. IS Female. Hope one of y'all get some good news soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Just received my acceptance letter! Accepted off the waitlist, interviewed back in September. OOS Male.

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats dude, 7 months in the making. Can't imagine how long that must've felt!

Edit: Well I guess I can, seeing as how I interviewed in October =___=

Thank you! Yeah, it has been forever!

Congrats asanch, very well deserved. Lol im just listening to progressive trance and thetefore getting lost in an amazing heavenly feeling. Haha so didn't picture my self checking sdn. Good luck to all my sdners.

Called up admissions today. I'm "near the bottom" of the top tier, so basically like 200 people ahead of me.

She did say they pull from all parts of the waitlist, but I think she was just being nice.

Called up admissions today. I'm "near the bottom" of the top tier, so basically like 200 people ahead of me.

She did say they pull from all parts of the waitlist, but I think she was just being nice.

We must've talked to the same lady because she told me I was "near the bottom" of the top tier of the waitlist as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know who we send additional letters of rec to (Through AMCAS, email, mail?)

Congrats! What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?
Sure. When I applied, my stats were around 3.35gpa, 34 MCAT, OOS. However, since then I updated them with new grades that raised my gpa by about .2 points (crazy I know).

Reactions: 2 users
Every day I tell myself that I'll call, and every day I wuss out. Feeling like there's still a chance that I'll be accepted keeps me sane. If they said "yeah bottom of the bottom tier, sorry" it would be crushing...

Question, does the preview weekend invite go only to the accepted ones?

Anyone know what the post-acceptance grade requirements are? Some schools are specific in their acceptance packet about what your grades should be that they haven't seen yet, but I'm not seeing much from EVMS...

ACCEPTED TODAY!
Interviewed January, just got off the waitlist!

Reactions: 5 users
Today as I was leaving for work I noticed a large envelope in my mailbox. So obviously I sprinted to it, thinking it was EVMS. It wasn't.

Someday...

thats awesome! congrats! was it a phone call? what were your stats if you don't mind me asking?
3.7 overall 3.8 science 31 mcat

it was by mail and I even called two days before to find out my ranking tier and they didn't say a peep...

So it seems like the OOS list is the only thing moving :(

Hi everyone, I was accepted earlier this month and finished my EVMS financial aid application today. I've had my FAFSA done for a while now, but I noticed that the "priority" deadline for everything was April 14. Im past that with my EVMS application! I'm kinda freaking out... Anyone know more about this?

Hi everyone, I was accepted earlier this month and finished my EVMS financial aid application today. I've had my FAFSA done for a while now, but I noticed that the "priority" deadline for everything was April 14. Im past that with my EVMS application! I'm kinda freaking out... Anyone know more about this?

IIRC they give people 10 days to complete fin aid if they're accepted after 4/14.

IIRC they give people 10 days to complete fin aid if they're accepted after 4/14.
I received my acceptance in the mail on April 7th... I saw priority deadline as April 14, and so I did the evms sheet on my portal just today April 23... Does that mean I wont receive financial aid? The word "priority" confused me...

No idea, call tomorrow AM and find out :)

I received my acceptance in the mail on April 7th... I saw priority deadline as April 14, and so I did the evms sheet on my portal just today April 23... Does that mean I wont receive financial aid? The word "priority" confused me...

Turns out I received my portal info ON April 14th. So unless it was expected same day, I think I fall into the 10 days category...

Hi its me again! I came to Norfolk for the preview weekend. I just wanted to let you know that EVMS is trying their best to know more about you and consider your application! Norfolk is great, and EVMS really cares about the students. So, hang in there, and if this is the school you really want to go, go for it! I send my sincere encouragement to fellow premed students and let me know if I can be of your assistance!

Last edited:
Are acceptances sent via e-mail or snail mail? Did anyone else get a email from financial aid office before getting an acceptance letter? Does this mean I got accepted D:

Are acceptances sent via e-mail or snail mail? Did anyone else get a email from financial aid office before getting an acceptance letter? Does this mean I got accepted D:
Acceptances have been through snail mail. Not sure about the financial aid thing

Yeah, I don't know how that could be misinterpreted as anything other than a likely acceptance. Congrats!

i interviewed on 3/21 and just got my waitlist letter dated 4/22. OOS. do i have a chance of getting in??

Anyone on here looking for a roommate? I'm definitely going to EVMS, and want to do some apartment searching with a partner (or 2). I have a small quiet dog as well. :) PM me

Random Question:

Just saw Dr. Kimble was named assistant dean for admissions. Who did he replace? Wondering how this is going to change things.

Still hoping for major OOS wait-list movement. Seems like everyone and their mother is top tier!