You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Tufts University Application Thread
Started by JJMrK
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes, with your ii email, there are instructions to request a list of student hosts. The two students I emailed, however, were not available to host me on the particular day I needed, and I ended up renting a roomHas any one of you past interviewees reached out to a student host program? Is there such thing for Tufts?
Thank you! I should get to it now though it might be too late already..!Yes, with your ii email, there are instructions to request a list of student hosts. The two students I emailed, however, were not available to host me on the particular day I needed, and I ended up renting a room
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1Complete 8/29 and still no rejection/ interview invite...anyone else in the same boat?
Complete the day before you...same boat.Complete 8/29 and still no rejection/ interview invite...anyone else in the same boat?
Complete 8/29 and still no rejection/ interview invite...anyone else in the same boat?
Complete since July, I assume a rejection is just a formality at this point.
BTW, good luck in the NFL Draft.
Complete 8/29 and still no rejection/ interview invite...anyone else in the same boat?
Complete 9/3 and nothing yet
+1Complete 8/29 and still no rejection/ interview invite...anyone else in the same boat?
I assume a rejection at this point. But sadly this is where I am at with about 12 schools right now. 🙁
At this point, even if I did get an interview, Tufts would have to sell me on the "Why Tufts?" more than the other way around ... 

+1
I assume a rejection at this point. But sadly this is where I am at with about 12 schools right now. 🙁
OMG me too, frustrating crap
Just got the call. accepted interviewed 12/10. first one 😀
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Last edited:
Just got a call as well. My first one too. Interviewed 12/5 I'm pretty sure I just mumbled gibberish on the phone.
Just got the call. oos accepted interviewed 12/10. first one 😀
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Just got a call as well. My first one too. Interviewed 12/5 I'm pretty sure I just mumbled gibberish on the phone.
I interviewed 12/5 as well! I wonder if we met. Got a voicemail acceptance last Friday.
My interview is this Thursday, Jan 9th, and I'm so nervous! I'm not sure if this has been asked already, but I spent about an hour scouring SDN looking for some sort of description of what the interview day looks like, and I haven't found it yet. So does anyone have any tips about what I should expect?
Thanks!
Looking forward to maybe meeting some of you!!
Thanks!
Looking forward to maybe meeting some of you!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha it would be nice if they let us know earlier whether were getting an interview or not
+..8 or something
I almost want to withdraw just to not get the rejection that must be coming...then I start thinking about how weak that would be.
Hey all, I just interviewed today and it was a great experience! It is a little intimidating at first, but the committee is super nice and want your day to go as smooth as possible. As for the interviews, they are pretty typical, they have your entire profile in front of them and they ask questions to clarify points in your application. In addition, you can expect some ethical questions or questions such as "what was the last book you have read". All in all, it felt like any other interview. Good luck to everyone!
Repeat post but did anyone who was deferred last year get accepted? Or anyone deferred this year?
Repeat post but did anyone who was deferred last year get accepted? Or anyone deferred this year?
From reading last year's thread it seemed like a couple people who had been deferred were accepted in early May. As far as any acceptances before then, I have no idea.
Just got the call. oos accepted interviewed 12/10. first one 😀
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Oh nooo...I interviewed that day and didn't hear anything. Does that mean wait list /deferred?
Congrats to you though!
Last edited:
They make calls over a couple of days
My interview is this Thursday, Jan 9th, and I'm so nervous! I'm not sure if this has been asked already, but I spent about an hour scouring SDN looking for some sort of description of what the interview day looks like, and I haven't found it yet. So does anyone have any tips about what I should expect?
Thanks!
Looking forward to maybe meeting some of you!!
The morning will be a series of talks about the program, financial aid, research options, and the other standard stuff. At noon you have lunch with 1st and 2nd years. Afterwards half of the group does 2 interviews that are usually pretty laid back, nothing out of the ordinary, while the other half does a tour. I think you then come together again and have a chance to talk to some dual degree students, and then the you finish with the tour/interview.
All in all it is relaxed, and they are not trying to intentionally trick you in the interview. Just be yourself, and try to think of some good questions for your interviewers. Also, take advantage of the current students, and think about what you are looking for in a school to ask questions that are helpful to making your decision.
Deferred. I'm actually pretty surprised. Not a great feeling.
Deferred. I'm actually pretty surprised. Not a great feeling.
Deferred. I'm actually pretty surprised. Not a great feeling.
same here, I thought the interview went very well .. oh well at least its not a rejection! I was looking at last years thread and I think everyone deferred was eventually wait-listed but its fairly early on since they are still sending interview invites so there's still hope!
Deferred. I'm actually pretty surprised. Not a great feeling.
This sucks, but focus on the positive- you're accepted to a program. You only need one.
This sucks, but focus on the positive- you're accepted to a program. You only need one.
You guys are right, I shouldn't be complaining. My bad.
It just makes me nervous to get a negative result from an interview I thought went well. I'll try not to read too much into it. Good luck to everyone still in the game!
Can't answer all your questions, but I interviewed a few weeks ago and from what I understand... the first 2 years are in Boston with the occasional trips to Maine to see some patients and be involved with the community (all commuting and hospitality paid for by Tufts). I think come second year they send us up to Maine once a week. Third and Fourth year is based out of Portland. If you want to go more rural you can but for the most part I believe students are based out of Portland unless they request otherwise. I think one rotation is required to be rural so maybe 6 weeks total of the two years. As for commuting that seems like a lot to do everyday, but if your husband has a stable job in south Maine it may make more sense for you guys to stay instead of moving to Boston. Hope this helps a little!
Can't answer all your questions, but I interviewed a few weeks ago and from what I understand... the first 2 years are in Boston with the occasional trips to Maine to see some patients and be involved with the community (all commuting and hospitality paid for by Tufts). I think come second year they send us up to Maine once a week. Third and Fourth year is based out of Portland. If you want to go more rural you can but for the most part I believe students are based out of Portland unless they request otherwise. I think one rotation is required to be rural so maybe 6 weeks total of the two years. As for commuting that seems like a lot to do everyday, but if your husband has a stable job in south Maine it may make more sense for you guys to stay instead of moving to Boston. Hope this helps a little!
How was the interview? Not much on the web about it!
How was the interview? Not much on the web about it!
It's an MMI format so I would suggest getting familiar with that. Overall everyone is extremely nice so you don't have to worry about that, but MMI can be a pretty nerve wrecking experience if you have never done it before. Unfortunately, it is also hard to prepare for because the scenarios/questions are always different. You will also have two interviews as a normal format. You will have a light breakfast when you come in. They will do a small intro and then you will get right into interviewing so you get it out of the way. Overall the interview process lasts nearly two hours. You do get a break halfway through. After interviews you have a very nice lunch and they tell you more about the program and about financial aid. Day ends with a trip over to Maine Medical for a tour.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone remember what the admission statistics were for the Maine Track? Interviewed recently and they had a powerpoint slide listing the number of Maine residents (and non Maine residents) offered an interview and the number of acceptances offered. I thought it would be in our packet but the only one I can find is the one with only applications and matriculations.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/221262291383491/Anyone know if Tufts is going to make a Facebook group for the 2018 incoming class anytime soon? ^_^
I also completed Aug. 29 and not a single peep.
There was no mmi. Just two separate one on one interviews. Unless some define that as multiple mini interviews?
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
thanks drapron! good luck to you!It's an MMI format so I would suggest getting familiar with that. Overall everyone is extremely nice so you don't have to worry about that, but MMI can be a pretty nerve wrecking experience if you have never done it before. Unfortunately, it is also hard to prepare for because the scenarios/questions are always different. You will also have two interviews as a normal format. You will have a light breakfast when you come in. They will do a small intro and then you will get right into interviewing so you get it out of the way. Overall the interview process lasts nearly two hours. You do get a break halfway through. After interviews you have a very nice lunch and they tell you more about the program and about financial aid. Day ends with a trip over to Maine Medical for a tour.
I'm seeing mixed posts about trad interviews ( one long or two short) and MMIs. Are they doing both or are they just testing out MMIs?
Regular MD is regular personal interviews. Maine track is MMI. Correct me if I'm wrong!I'm seeing mixed posts about trad interviews ( one long or two short) and MMIs. Are they doing both or are they just testing out MMIs?
Did everyone get the financial aid packet it the mail?
Did everyone get the financial aid packet it the mail?
Yep, got mine yesterday.
Is anyone grappling with a BU and Tufts acceptance? Any input from current students on this issue?
Not a decision I'm directly confronted with but living in Boston IMO BU is the clear choice assuming cost is the same. Tufts is also a great school and I don't want to lay out a negative comparison in this thread so PM me if you'd like my specific reasoning.
Is anyone here an MSTP applicant? When should we hear back from them? Interviewed in mid-December.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed in November. They told us we could hear in December, or in February after all interviews are over. So I'm guessing December.Is anyone here an MSTP applicant? When should we hear back from them? Interviewed in mid-December.
Is anyone grappling with a BU and Tufts acceptance? Any input from current students on this issue?
Both are really strong programs, and more than anything it comes down to gut feeling from each school. Personally, when I was interviewing at both I felt that Tufts students were happier and more laid back, but that is obviously a personal opinion. Objectively speaking, the BU curriculum is a bit different, and IMO more stressful in that you start with anatomy right away and do at the same time as basic sciences (at least the last time I checked) whereas Tufts has a more gradual ramp up in difficulty. BU has a great new housing option, but Tufts has a much newer library and study area, so there is that to consider.
If you are from the area and are really torn, definitely take advantage of second look days and/or contact both schools and ask if you can go back and visit again. Do both in the same day to get a good comparison of both the students and physical space
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K