2015-2016 University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejections can come any day of the week. I got mine on a Friday last time I applied.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was expecting an explosion of activity last night..... anyone??

I was expecting an explosion of activity last night..... anyone??

There was an explosion of activity................... in my sympathetic nervous system

Reactions: 5 users
Nooo!! Don't get pessimistic until the end of the month.

Lol sorry. Just trying to stay realistic :(

The FB group is still only at like 120 members though, which seems low. Obviously not everyone will join that, but that's still quite a few slots left, if it's even a close barometer.

Lol sorry. Just trying to stay realistic :(

The FB group is still only at like 120 members though, which seems low. Obviously not everyone will join that, but that's still quite a few slots left, if it's even a close barometer.
One of those members is a current first year so it may not be an accurate number.

Reactions: 1 user
One of those members is a current first year so it may not be an accurate number.
I'm pretty sure there is a handful of current students in that group, so I think there are still quite a few slots left!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got a call from my dog's vet (an unrecognized 919 number). Ugh. COME ON

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got another call from an unrecognized number with *the area code of the city where my AdCom formerly worked.* You can imagine my delight after my scare this morning! So I answered, it was an automated voice and it hung up on me. I then proceeded to google the number and it turns out it is part of a credit card scam/fraud. hahahahah.

I got a credit card call too! Wth is wrong with these trollers...btw I called the admissions office and they basically said interviews ended last week and Im guessing they will meet more often now (hopefully)

Reactions: 3 users
I also got a credit card call. Put it on auto-reject so I won't get my hopes up next time.

I got a credit card call too! Wth is wrong with these trollers...btw I called the admissions office and they basically said interviews ended last week and Im guessing they will meet more often now (hopefully)

Well, that's good anyway! They didn't say they were done making decisions or anything.

But surely, they met (or are going to meet) this week considering next week is spring break at UNC and right before 2nd look day right?! ahh, the glorious wait..

But surely, they met (or are going to meet) this week considering next week is spring break at UNC and right before 2nd look day right?! ahh, the glorious wait..

I would think so...and isnt their a rule somewhere that the AAMC requires all med schools to offer as many acceptances to fill the class by March 15? Yea they still have a lot of decisions to make for sure.

I would think so...and isnt their a rule somewhere that the AAMC requires all med schools to offer as many acceptances to fill the class by March 15? Yea they still have a lot of decisions to make for sure.
Spring break for med students was actually last week, since they have it at a different time than undergrads. Faculty and staff don't get spring break off anyway, especially if they work at the hospital.

Does anyone know the protocol on "letters of intent" if you just haven't heard back? I thought you can only send them if you're on the waitlist but I interviewed in November making me think that I'm basically on the waitlist.

Does anyone know the protocol on "letters of intent" if you just haven't heard back? I thought you can only send them if you're on the waitlist but I interviewed in November making me think that I'm basically on the waitlist.

I asked the office this question they said they dont accept letters of intent at all (and judging by tone they meant it lol)

Any way we can find out how many offers they've made, kind of like what Brody does on their website?

Any way we can find out how many offers they've made, kind of like what Brody does on their website?

According to my Neurotic Math™ and Facebook Analytics™... UNCs 77% acceptance acceptance rate and 125 person FB group means about 162 offers have been sent out of the 230 total for the 180 seats. So let's wager 70 offers yet to be extended. 50 if we're being conservative and accounting for unknowns. Or maybe I'm lost and way off base haha.

The things I do to occupy my mind.

Reactions: 6 users
According to my Neurotic Math™ and Facebook Analytics™... UNCs 77% acceptance acceptance rate and 125 person FB group means about 162 offers have been sent out of the 230 total for the 180 seats. So let's wager 70 offers yet to be extended. 50 if we're being conservative and accounting for unknowns. Or maybe I'm lost and way off base haha.

And the FB group is inflated because some ppl are already med students...also cant account for ppl who dont hve FB so not sure how to calculate that...but

The things I do to occupy my mind.

FB group may be inflated as some ppl are already in med school...at the same time some ppl obviously may not use FB so hard to tell...but I think ur not far off with those estimates! I would think a lot of movement in next week and if not then...:smack::wtf:

In the meantime, consider these wise words:

"Hey, don't write yourself off yet. It's only in your head you feel left out, or looked down on."

-Walt Whitman

"Hey, don't write yourself off yet. It's only in your head you feel left out, or looked down on."

-Walt Whitman
what about the bitter hearts?

-Walt Whitman
XS5LK.gif

Last edited:
I'm feeling so nervous! Interviewed in January, so I know there are people more anxious than I am, so I just hope no news is still good news at this point

I interviewed January 6....praying that today is the day!

I feel like they'll have to, unless they filled the class two weeks ago. Isn't tomorrow the day that they have to meet the class size quota?
Yeah tomorrow they have to have 180 offers out. Not sure if they've already met that goal.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I also interviewed January 6th IS! Got the call :) Good luck to everyone!!!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
congrats to those who are accepted!! May I ask who is your adcom? Thanks!

congrats to those who are accepted!! May I ask who is your adcom? Thanks!

My adcom was Dr. B....I was reading back on posts and most people don't reveal their adcom...can someone explain this to me?...just want to make sure I'm not breaking a huge rule...thank you!

Last edited:
My adcom was Dr. Brice....I was reading back on posts and most people don't reveal their adcom...can someone explain this to me?...just want to make sure I'm not breaking a huge rule...thank you!

I think it's just for anonymity.

In years past people typically revealed their adcom, as it was more likely that certain adcoms would make calls (and meetings) more frequently than others. This year people are just being more cautious it seems.

You see, this is the primary reason why UNC takes so long. Adcoms spend most of their work day and free time scouring the forum in hopes of catching those foolish enough to post their adcom. Once you've outed yourself, they do an IP address lookup to identify you and comb through your post history to find embarrassing anecdotes. These anecdotes are then the criteria used to accept or reject you.

RIP OP

Reactions: 6 users
what's the last possible day for MD schools to inform us of a decision of some sort (accept, waitlist, reject)? Sometimes in early April I assume?

what's the last possible day for MD schools to inform us of a decision of some sort (accept, waitlist, reject)? Sometimes in early April I assume?

Whenever they feel like it. Welcome to purgatory on earth.

Reactions: 2 users

I think it is April 1st could someone verify? Congrats to everyone who got in this week!