2016-2017 Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone been rejected from Sinai after being deferred? I am wondering if they just waitlist everyone who isn't accepted?

Along the same lines, has anyone been rejected after interviewing Jan onwards?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I got the alt list this morning. Gl to everyone else.

Members don't see this ad :)
Along more of the same lines, have they rejected anybody post interview at all and have they ever?

Sent from my Redmi Pro using SDN mobile
Yes last year thread had at least one rejection post ii. :)

Reactions: 1 user
It's crazy how many people they alt list. Makes it impossible to know if there is any real chance of getting off the alt list. Which sucks extra because Sinai is my number 1 choice and I would probably hang on to the hope until the day their orientation starts at the end of summer

It's crazy how many people they alt list. Makes it impossible to know if there is any real chance of getting off the alt list. Which sucks extra because Sinai is my number 1 choice and I would probably hang on to the hope until the day their orientation starts at the end of summer
Idk how accurate this is, but I heard from a current student that abut half of this year's incoming class will be flexmed students, so there aren't nearly as many spots open for regular applicants. Maybe that's why there are so many WLs?

Hey -- Is anyone on here planning on trying to go to both Pitt and Sinai's second look weekends. They overlap on Friday, so I was wondering if anyone has figured this out. Thanks!

Does anyone know if Sinai's waitlist is ranked?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey -- Is anyone on here planning on trying to go to both Pitt and Sinai's second look weekends. They overlap on Friday, so I was wondering if anyone has figured this out. Thanks!

Hey. I'm going to another overlapping one on Friday as well. I informed admissions after filling out the survey and they didn't provide me much instruction, but they did appreciate the heads up. I'll be there Saturday!

Anyone receive aid packages from Sinai yet? Or Merit Scholarships?

Is there usually significant waitlist movement? Is my tour over boyos?

Reactions: 1 users
So I read on this thread as well as in a previous thread that half of the incoming class is HuMed so that makes it significantly harder for the rest of us right?

Is there usually significant waitlist movement? Is my tour over boyos?

I talked with my student host and he told me that he knows of several people who got off the waitlist last year if that's any consolation.

So I read on this thread as well as in a previous thread that half of the incoming class is HuMed so that makes it significantly harder for the rest of us right?
I think this takes effect next year. This year HuMed/FlexMed still makes up less than 1/2 of the class (closer to 1/3).

How do we log in to the Empower portal linked to in the email notifying us of our financial aid package? Did we receive credentials? The secondary application portal says that IT credentials will become available a few weeks before matriculation.

You should have gotten an email with a "temporary" user name and password. If I recall correctly, the email says that you can use the temporary credentials and if you matriculate, you'll get to change them.

You should have gotten an email with a "temporary" user name and password. If I recall correctly, the email says that you can use the temporary credentials and if you matriculate, you'll get to change them.

Thanks! I reached out for help.

Aid packages came out? I didn't get an email...

They're still rolling out. Was told they're releasing in order of who submitted materials first. I haven't received mine yet and I submitted long ago.

They're still rolling out. Was told they're releasing in order of who submitted materials first. I haven't received mine yet and I submitted long ago.

I just spoke with the Financial Aid office and they said that all of the packages for students planning to go to revisit weekend should have been sent out on April 5th. Mine didn't deliver so they resent it today. If this applies to any of you, then call the office!

Do you need to fill out a financial aid form for Sinai to be qualified for merit scholarships?

Do you need to sign the Grad Plus Master Promissory Note if you are not taking out any Grad Plus loan? (It's listed under my missing documents list on the portal.)

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!
accepted just now after interviewing back in November and being continued/waitlisted!!

didn't send any loi or updates

Reactions: 2 users
@kb1900 congrats! Was it through email or phone? Also if no LOI or update was sent, that pretty much means the waitlist is ranked right?

@kb1900 congrats! Was it through email or phone? Also if no LOI or update was sent, that pretty much means the waitlist is ranked right?
i got an email!

and i dont know if that conclusion about a ranked waitlist logically follows from my single case but maybe.

WAITLIST MOVEMENT EXISTS! Accepted today (@ 8:30 pm ?!) off the waitlist!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted off waitlist at 8:30pm last night as well. Interviewed in NOV. Held in Dec. Alt list Feb. Accepted off waitlist 5/3.

Happy this this process is finally over and I'm excited to start in the fall!!!!

Does anyone know where we can find Icahn's 2017 match list?

Just withdrew my acceptance here. So I hope that means more waitlist movement for someone!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Recently admitted student! Can anybody comment on what the rent cost for Aron Hall is? Also, does it come with just the bed frame, or a mattress too? Couldn't find this info on the website, thanks!

Recently admitted student! Can anybody comment on what the rent cost for Aron Hall is? Also, does it come with just the bed frame, or a mattress too? Couldn't find this info on the website, thanks!
All the room specifics should be under the admission tab on your portal! They include pretty much all furniture and for the big items you can't bring in your own. Rent is $600 if I'm not mistaken which is dope

All the room specifics should be under the admission tab on your portal! They include pretty much all furniture and for the big items you can't bring in your own. Rent is $600 if I'm not mistaken which is dope
Missed that part about the double mattress being provided, thanks! And wow, that is an awesome price for NYC!