2016-2017 New York Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted! Interviewed 12/01. Congrats to the rest of the bunch who heard today!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did you just get the email?

Members don't see this ad.

What time did people get the email? Same time ?

Hello! I was accepted today as well (interviewed 11/28) and the time of the email for 5:52 am PT, so ~9am ET. Don't freak out, I'm sure they'll be sending more throughout the day

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just want to know. I hate the waiting part of it. Hopefully good news this afternoon!

Reactions: 1 user
Seems like acceptances were sent out at the same time. Here's to hoping there are multiple batches!

I love you.

tumblr_m9j7j95oq01qzeg2so2_250.gif

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to all those accepted! For those still hoping to hear back, just want to give you some reassurance (I am an M2 at NYMC): During my application cycle, I was complete in August, heard nothing for months (was never put on hold), sent in an update in February, got an II in March, interviewed in April, and was accepted 10 days later. I have friends who got their acceptance at the same time as me in April who interviewed back in November.

Just remember, it ain't over until the fat lady sings. (Or until you get an official acceptance/rejection letter.)

Reactions: 8 users
Is it weird that I didn't get an automatic reply after I emailed them an update?

Did anyone get any sort of email confirmation after submitting the deposit and sending in the acceptance form? I'm so excited about getting accepted here!!

Interviewed 11/10, got no news yet. :( Should I call?

It ll be 8 weeks by Jan 10th and it seems like most of the people got a response within 6 weeks, with the acceptances even earlier. So this isn't looking positive for me...

But I d still want to know so I can plan accordingly....:bag:

Hey anyone know how to add an update note to their secondary application? Cant seem to find any tab or anything. Should i just send them an email??

Any accepted students have tips for the interview and how you prepared? And does interviewing in late January hurt your chances?
Hi! The MMI and whole interview day was fun and stress-free, so just relax and be yourself. I prepared by just searching for hypothetical dilemmas online and that was it, honestly. Our student guide said she herself interviewed in January so I wouldn't worry about interviewing late there. Good luck! :)

Hi! The MMI and whole interview day was fun and stress-free, so just relax and be yourself. I prepared by just searching for hypothetical dilemmas online and that was it, honestly. Our student guide said she herself interviewed in January so I wouldn't worry about interviewing late there. Good luck! :)
Thanks for the advice! Btw, I've been hearing that aside from the MMI, some people were asked standard questions. I was kinda confused how this could work since I didn't see any space in the schedule for any interviews besides the MMI

Thanks for the advice! Btw, I've been hearing that aside from the MMI, some people were asked standard questions. I was kinda confused how this could work since I didn't see any space in the schedule for any interviews besides the MMI
No prob! I can't speak too much about the MMI but it's all integrated into the stations. They'll explain it all to you before you begin :)

Interviewed 11/10, got no news yet. :( Should I call?

It ll be 8 weeks by Jan 10th and it seems like most of the people got a response within 6 weeks, with the acceptances even earlier. So this isn't looking positive for me...

But I d still want to know so I can plan accordingly....:bag:
I interviewed 10/31 and also have no received a response :( I emailed them and they said after the new year because the school was closed for the holidays. So I guess we should hear this week.

Waitlisted just now via email. Interviewed mid-November.

What are the waitlisted odds here ?

According to MSAR there are about 300 waitlist positions per cycle. I'm not totally sure what that means but I'm going to assume that means 300 people are waitlisted. Of the 300 people waitlisted, 75 people are offered acceptances. ~25% shot

According to MSAR there are about 300 waitlist positions per cycle. I'm not totally sure what that means but I'm going to assume that means 300 people are waitlisted. Of the 300 people waitlisted, 75 people are offered acceptances. ~25% shot

Keep in mind that everyone may not accept a waitlist position or may withdraw later after getting another acceptance.

Pre-II rejection this morning, never on hold. OOS LM low seventies, complete mid July. Pretty bummed about this one, but oh well. Best of luck to all.

I sent one yesterday as well - they don't send confirmation or anything that they received it right?
Nope they send no confirmation. I called like a week later and they said they got it but never emailed back!

Im an International Student. I am just about to submit my secondary and taking the CASper tomorrow. is it too late? Is there any hope/any point in paying the fees at this point?

Im an International Student. I am just about to submit my secondary and taking the CASper tomorrow. is it too late? Is there any hope/any point in paying the fees at this point?
It's too late by several months

Reactions: 1 users
Is it worth sending an update after being on hold? Or is hold pretty hard to come back from to get an II?

I would like to know this as well
I read through last year's thread and MANY people received invites after being put on hold throughout the cycle. Those invitations were received as late as March. I think we just need to be patient.

Reactions: 1 users
Is there a maximum number of LORs this school accepts? Has anyone submitted more than 5?