2016-2017 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
did most people receive an application update once it hit 10 weeks from complete?

No. It took them nearly 14 weeks to render a decision after I received the complete email. I think that is just a generic email that they send to everyone.

sooo, i interviewed early dec and just received a rejection email :(....but idk to believe it or not, because its the same rejection email they sent me last year, when i didnt interview.

I got put on hold. Is that a waitlist? Or does that mean they didn't get to me? I head that the waitlist is the alternate list.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Just got a rejection letter and interviewed on 11/18. I'm so hurt. Was my only MD school interview

Just got a rejection letter and interviewed on 11/18. I'm so hurt. Was my only MD school interview
Me too, I had one other interview but this was the only school where I interviewed and felt I actually had a shot based on metrics. sigh :(

Reactions: 1 user
We wish we hadn't. It's better to receive silence than a rejection letter any day

Reactions: 1 users
We wish we hadn't. It's better to receive silence than a rejection letter any day
As someone who went through two cycles unsuccessfully, I disagree. Would you really have rather waited another month feeling anxious and wondering what the decision is and THEN gotten a rejection rather than just finding out sooner and moving your attention onto other things? Of course it sucks in the moment but at least now you won't have to waist more time and energy worrying about it and then still end up rejected.. It's always better to get your decision ASAP, whether good or bad. Silence sucks and is only preferred over a rejection if it ultimately results in an acceptance!

Sorry about the bad news and good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
As someone who went through two cycles unsuccessfully, I disagree. Would you really have rather waited another month feeling anxious and wondering what the decision is and THEN gotten a rejection rather than just finding out sooner and moving your attention onto other things? Of course it sucks in the moment but at least now you won't have to waist more time and energy worrying about it and then still end up rejected.. It's always better to get your decision ASAP, whether good or bad. Silence sucks and is only preferred over a rejection if it ultimately results in an acceptance!

Sorry about the bad news and good luck!
+1 (& also my third application cycle) - scarred for life by the medical school wait list! Was wait listed from January until the first day of class in August last cycle. It was so painfully hopeful.... I would have much rather heard back :(

btw - it wasn't a wait list at this school! I believe you will all get off the wait list :D

Rejected.
Hey! We interviewed on the same day, but different time. I know how you feel. This is so difficult. If you wanna talk about how the day went, the interview, this process, or anything else, just PM me. Trying to get myself out of this slump, so I can move on and improve myself and my application.

Are all of these rejections and holds post interview? I'm still waiting for a decision to interview (or not) and am wondering how much longer I should wait.

I interviewed on 11/18 too but haven't heard anything.... :whistle:

Rejected.

sooo, i interviewed early dec and just received a rejection email :(....but idk to believe it or not, because its the same rejection email they sent me last year, when i didnt interview.

I'm sorry to hear about your recent emails. Wishing you all the best for the remainder of the application cycle. Do you guys mind sharing your stats and how you felt your interviews went? Feel free to shoot me a PM. Thank you in advance for your insights!

I'm sorry to hear about your recent emails. Wishing you all the best for the remainder of the application cycle. Do you guys mind sharing your stats and how you felt your interviews went? Feel free to shoot me a PM. Thank you in advance for your insights!
LizzyM ~64-65. I thought I did bad on the MMI, but then a bunch of other people said they did bad as well and still got accepted, so I'm really not sure. Looking back at it, I'm not a big fan of the mmi because I felt that it did not accurately assess my ability to be a doctor (based on RFU MMI), and even though I had 8 interviewers (and 8 data points :p), not a single one of those interviewers got to know me as a person. If I have to reapply again, I'll be holding my breath before I apply to a school that implements MMI.

Last edited:
Did they respond? Think it's worthwhile to send one anyways or would it do more damage than benefit?

This is the email they sent me when I asked about updates. Per the bolded part, it looks like an update will not have any effect either way.

"Hello holdthemayo,

Thank you for your email and your interest in the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University. Unfortunately, we cannot accept any additional information, updates, corrections, or materials unless it includes Institutional Action, Felony, Misdemeanor or Military Discharge explanations. If you need to make any changes to your application they can only be made through AMCAS. Only AMCAS has the ability to make changes to your application, so please contact them directly at either [email protected] or call 202-828-0600. The only updates that the Chicago Medical School accepts are listed above. Any additional information or materials will be discarded.

Should you have any further questions, please contact us at [email protected]. For frequently asked questions, please visit our FAQ's page.

Please note, we cannot accept any additional information or materials unless it includes Institutional Action, Felony, Misdemeanor or Military Discharge explanations.
Regards,
"

This is the email they sent me when I asked about updates. Per the bolded part, it looks like an update will not have any effect either way.

"Hello holdthemayo,

Thank you for your email and your interest in the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University. Unfortunately, we cannot accept any additional information, updates, corrections, or materials unless it includes Institutional Action, Felony, Misdemeanor or Military Discharge explanations. If you need to make any changes to your application they can only be made through AMCAS. Only AMCAS has the ability to make changes to your application, so please contact them directly at either [email protected] or call 202-828-0600. The only updates that the Chicago Medical School accepts are listed above. Any additional information or materials will be discarded.

Should you have any further questions, please contact us at [email protected]. For frequently asked questions, please visit our FAQ's page.

Please note, we cannot accept any additional information or materials unless it includes Institutional Action, Felony, Misdemeanor or Military Discharge explanations.
Regards,
"
Interesting. Thank you very much for sharing!

sorry to those rejected :unsure: do you think this means anything for those of us who interviewed the same day and haven't received communication yet? (maybe we weren't post-I rejected?)

I just got an II! Not sure if I'm going to take it though, I already got accepted to the public schools in my state which would be way cheaper... Time to ponder!

Reactions: 5 users
When does admission office close and reopen for holidays??

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just got an II here, I was wondering if there are any current students that I could ask a few questions about the school? I'm trying to decide whether I should take the interview or not.

Just got an II here, I was wondering if there are any current students that I could ask a few questions about the school? I'm trying to decide whether I should take the interview or not.

When were you complete??

"As of today, Wednesday, December 21, 2016:

• Your file is currently undergoing a review by our committee. Thank you for applying to Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine."
completed in july......smh
Wrong Chicago thread

Reactions: 3 users
So I was rejected This Tuesday. II on 12-09-2016. Good luck to those still interviewing or waiting.

I'm a current 1st year at RFUMS. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Just got an acceptance email! Interviewed 11/18/OS

Reactions: 11 users
OMG ACCEPTED!!!! FIRST MD ACCEPTANCE:soexcited::love:

Edit: interviewed 12/2 OOS

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users
Accepted!! First choice!

Interview Dec 2, Canadian

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
Accepted!! Interviewed 12/9. They told us 6-7 weeks til a decision is made!
Now I have to decide between MD and DO.

Reactions: 12 users
Accepted!! Interviewed 12/9. They told us 6-7 weeks til a decision is made!
Now I have to decide between MD and DO.

Congrats man! What are your stats if you don't mind sharing?