2016-2017 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats man! What are your stats if you don't mind sharing?

Sure. 3.3 sGPA and 3.6 cGPA, 506 MCAT. I've got 3 years as an EMT as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the board pass rates for this school?

Reactions: 1 users
$100 is the max at any MD school due to regulations and you can get it back if you decide to withdraw before I believe April 31st.
I don't think they set a max deposit, or if they do schools don't always follow them. One of the state MD programs I was accepted to had a $485 deposit, makes RFU's deposit look like pocket change! Lol

Last edited:
I don't think they set a max deposit, or if they do schools don't always follow them. One of the state MD programs I was accepted to had a $485 deposit, makes RFU's deposit look like pocket change! Lol

Plus there's uhhhh... only 30 days in April lolll

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone interview 12/2 or 12/9 and have not heard back yet with a decision? I noticed there have been some rejections and acceptances

I received an email that I would receive a decision in 6-8 weeks probably 14 weeks ago. Is this a problem? haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone interview 12/2 or 12/9 and have not heard back yet with a decision? I noticed there have been some rejections and acceptances

Yeah, I interviewed 12/2 and haven't heard back. I'm just grateful to not be rejected. I'm sure a larger bulk of the interviewees will be accepted (and maybe rejected) closer to the 4-6 week mark.

Is there a Facebook group for the entering class of 2017?

Hmm... interviewed 11/18 and haven't received a rejection or an acceptance... :shrug:

Happy new year everyone! Does anyone know if there's a place to leave our coats during the interviews? Just don't want to carry mine during the MMIs.

Happy new year everyone! Does anyone know if there's a place to leave our coats during the interviews? Just don't want to carry mine during the MMIs.
Yup there's a closet where you can leave your stuff for the remainder of the interview. They have water and coffee there for applicants as well, though I would recommend bringing a granola bar/some light snack for post-interview munching. After the three hours they gave us pizza lunch, which was really nice and some of the interviewers came to that as well.

Yup there's a closet where you can leave your stuff for the remainder of the interview. They have water and coffee there for applicants as well, though I would recommend bringing a granola bar/some light snack for post-interview munching. After the three hours they gave us pizza lunch, which was really nice and some of the interviewers came to that as well.

Thanks for the reply!

Accepted!! First acceptance! I really can't believe it! Interviewed 12/9, accepted 12/22!!

Reactions: 14 users
Hey, all. I graduated from CMS last June. Happy to talk about the school with those accepted. I have no involvement with the admissions committee, so I'm sorry, but I won't be much help to those of you applying now and figuring out the whole do I send a thank you letter thing (hint: it doesn't matter).

Hey, all. I graduated from CMS last June. Happy to talk about the school with those accepted. I have no involvement with the admissions committee, so I'm sorry, but I won't be much help to those of you applying now and figuring out the whole do I send a thank you letter thing (hint: it doesn't matter).
Any advice on housing?
I'm married and don't want to squashed into the on-campus housing with my husband. The Woodands looks nice (already put my name on the waiting list), but the price seems high. Is there anything comparable in walking distance for less money?

Any advice on housing?
I'm married and don't want to squashed into the on-campus housing with my husband. The Woodands looks nice (already put my name on the waiting list), but the price seems high. Is there anything comparable in walking distance for less money?

How do you go about putting your name on the WL for woodlands?

Hi! How many weeks of dedicated step time do students have? Are most rotations done at one hospital or would we have to switch hospitals for different rotations? Do they still internally rank?

Hi! How many weeks of dedicated step time do students have? Are most rotations done at one hospital or would we have to switch hospitals for different rotations? Do they still internally rank?

1. For me it was three weeks of dedicated, but the class schedule was heavily reduced for three additional months before.

2. Multiple hospitals

3. Yes, unless that changed this year.

Large dogs

1. For me it was three weeks of dedicated, but the class schedule was heavily reduced for three additional months before.

2. Multiple hospitals

3. Yes, unless that changed this year.

Large dogs

Would these hospitals all be located downtown? Or rather was the commute to hospitals ever a problem for you?

Wow, that's very little dedicated step study time.

Haiiii everyone! I just got an email back and it looks like our second look day is Saturday Feb 11! Coincidentally also my bday yay :)

Reactions: 4 users
Haiiii everyone! I just got an email back and it looks like our second look day is Saturday Feb 11! Coincidentally also my bday yay :)

Nice! I wish they would let us know about that....it would be nice to make travel and work arrangements ahead of time

Did you email them to ask or was it a general email?

Nice! I wish they would let us know about that....it would be nice to make travel and work arrangements ahead of time

The lady said they'll be sending out an email in the next few weeks!!

Would these hospitals all be located downtown? Or rather was the commute to hospitals ever a problem for you?

Wow, that's very little dedicated step study time.

No, some are located north of Chicago, some on the south side, and some downtown. I chose a location that allowed me to commute within an hour by train to the downtown sites.

And yes, very little dedicated, but because of the lightening of course load, I was able to study for three months. technically, we stopped classes may 20 and started rotations July 1 my year, but we had a week of clinical stuff in late June. For the record, though, I took step 1 may 29th (and did very well), so I just had a full month off. Most people took it around mid June and had a little less time off.

Large dogs

Do they send any sort of acceptance packets? I was accepted on the 15th.

I have been complete since August and have not heard anything. Do you think that it would be worth it to call admissions?

Reactions: 2 users
I have been complete since August and have not heard anything. Do you think that it would be worth it to call admissions?

They will most likely not be able to help ease your worry, TBH.