2016-2017 Washington University in St. Louis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey, does anybody know which days Wash U interviews? I am going to be in the area soon and I am trying to figure out travel.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, does anybody know which days Wash U interviews? I am going to be in the area soon and I am trying to figure out travel.
Every normal weekday, pretty sure. The sheer numbers are crazy with this school, each interview day cohort is only about 10 people but they interview just shy of one thousand per cycle

Every normal weekday, pretty sure. The sheer numbers are crazy with this school, each interview day cohort is only about 10 people but they interview just shy of one thousand per cycle

Friend, you are doing nothing for our nerves here. :dead:

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks everyone, and which email do I use for ITA requests?

for people interviewed already, are you all interviewed by the MDs listed on the Admission Committee? Or could be another doctor not on the committee?

for people interviewed already, are you all interviewed by the MDs listed on the Admission Committee? Or could be another doctor not on the committee?
Both of the non-student interviewers I had were listed on the website as part of the Admissions Committee. I'm pretty sure that everyone you interview with will be on there, unless you have a student interview as well.

Both of the non-student interviewers I had were listed on the website as part of the Admissions Committee. I'm pretty sure that everyone you interview with will be on there, unless you have a student interview as well.

One of my interviewers is not on the list, the other one is. I didn't have a student interviewer, both of them are physicians.

Is there anything in the acceptance packet giving instructions as to how to withdraw? I don't have it with me at school. I assume that it's just sending an email to admissions but I don't want to miss any specific requests

Reactions: 1 user
Is there anything in the acceptance packet giving instructions as to how to withdraw? I don't have it with me at school. I assume that it's just sending an email to admissions but I don't want to miss any specific requests

Withdrawing before the deadline to give the rest of us a chance of hearing early...

443a39f605046b3d7911b3fa73fced76.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
Withdrawing before the deadline to give the rest of us a chance of hearing early...

443a39f605046b3d7911b3fa73fced76.jpg

Haha just doing my part! I'm rooting for all of you and don't want to get in the way of that!

Reactions: 5 users

I withdrew from an II a couple of days ago. Sent an email to admissions and got a response within an hour.

Anyone can tell me where the pizza party the night before interview? it does not show the location on the interview itinerary. thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone can tell me where the pizza party the night before interview? it does not show the location on the interview itinerary. thanks

I didn't go. But I believe it's in Olin. The building is connected to the admissions office so if you used that address, you would enter the building walk straight, right at the cafe and around the
seating area you would see Olin Hall.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

If you send in the intent to matriculate letter are you supposed to receive a confirmation email? I sent mine about a week ago so I'm not sure if I should have heard back by now.

If you send in the intent to matriculate letter are you supposed to receive a confirmation email? I sent mine about a week ago so I'm not sure if I should have heard back by now.
I got emailed like 2 months afterwards. Just give admissions a call if you want to make sure !

Does anyone know where to find the information about second look visit? I thought I saw the date somewhere in the paperwork that they sent to confirm acceptance, but I couldn't find it again. Hoping to buy plane tickets asap before they get expensive!

Does anyone know where to find the information about second look visit? I thought I saw the date somewhere in the paperwork that they sent to confirm acceptance, but I couldn't find it again. Hoping to buy plane tickets asap before they get expensive!
April 7-8 from one of the pages in the interview packet

Actually the page does say 7-8. Makes me wonder if it's a typo on their part or it really is like a Friday evening and a Saturday thing?
Unless they changed things this year, events should end with a half-day Sunday (i.e, last year it ran till Sunday around noon or so)

Sent using Tapatalk

for folks interviewed already. did you all go to the breakfast? it says optional.

Yeah it's very relaxed and had good coffee

Also get ready for the best interview lunch ever
Oh man, now I am excited for this lunch.

EDIT: And coffee. Who doesn't love good coffee?

Last edited:
for folks interviewed already. did you all go to the breakfast? it says optional.

Breakfast was good, had omeletes and a veggie dish. I wasn't planning to go but once I got to admissions office everyone was still at breakfast so walked over there.

Best lunch ever is Georgetown hands down! But WashU was better than many others.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Breakfast was pretty legit too, I would recommend going.

When will most people hear back? I interviewed in late October and have been biting my nails ever since...

Withdrew, hopefully someone gets my II!

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
When will most people hear back? I interviewed in late October and have been biting my nails ever since...
My understanding is there are sporadic admits from Nov-Feb and then in March a giant batch of accepts, waitlists, and rejects go out

And to anyone getting a WL, this school has tons of waitlist motion.

Reactions: 1 users
My understanding is there are sporadic admits from Nov-Feb and then in March a giant batch of accepts, waitlists, and rejects go out

And to anyone getting a WL, this school has tons of waitlist motion.

Any idea on when the last II typically goes out?

Wash U I love you but you're bringing me down...

I'm not quite sure yet (and still waiting to hear back from a few schools), but I withdrew due to acceptances to Pitt and NYU

Thoughts on Pitt vs WashU? Seems like a surprising choice to me. I did really like the part of the city Pitt is in. Are you worried about the more traditional WashU curriculum?

Thoughts on Pitt vs WashU? Seems like a surprising choice to me. I did really like the part of the city Pitt is in. Are you worried about the more traditional WashU curriculum?
I'm a PA resident, so that's a big part of it, but mostly I just don't want to interview anymore, haha! If I had been offered an interview at WashU earlier in the cycle, I likely would have attended.

Reactions: 2 users
Totally understand, I withdrew from my interview because I was just exhausted. And I think my interview was a even little earlier than yours (mid-January). Congrats on your Pitt and NYU acceptances!

I'm a PA resident, so that's a big part of it, but mostly I just don't want to interview anymore, haha! If I had been offered an interview at WashU earlier in the cycle, I likely would have attended.

Totally understand, I withdrew from my interview because I was just exhausted. And I think my interview was a even little earlier than yours (mid-January). Congrats on your Pitt and NYU acceptances!
Thanks! Yeah, interviews were exhausting and expensive, so I'm happy to be done with them, and hopefully the interview can go to someone else who would be more likely to matriculate at WashU

I got an II yesterday but I think that's because I sent an in the area request. Still don't know when the interview is though haha

To the people interested in the number of students admitted before the "big" release in March, the admitted students so far were just sent an email with all the emails cc'ed.

To date, 225 students have been admitted. According to USNWR data on WashU, they admitted 375 total for the cycle represented. These numbers suggest that the number of students admitted on a rolling basis before March is perhaps higher than originally expected.

Reactions: 3 users
To the people interested in the number of students admitted before the "big" release in March, the admitted students so far were just sent an email with all the emails cc'ed.

To date, 225 students have been admitted. According to USNWR data on WashU, they admitted 375 total for the cycle represented. These numbers suggest that the number of students admitted on a rolling basis before March is perhaps higher than originally expected.

Single-Tear.gif

This may have been asked before, but for those admitted, how soon after your interview were you called/emailed?

So what's been about the average turnaround time then for the accepted applicants? I interviewed a little under a month ago so now I'm worried.

Also do they care for updates post interview pre decision?

So what's been about the average turnaround time then for the accepted applicants? I interviewed a little under a month ago so now I'm worried.
I think earlier in the thread someone got the call in January after interviewing in September. Other people hear back in less than 2 months. So no way to predict and no reason to worry!

Is an interview mid Feb essentially interviewing for a spot on the WL?