2016-2017 Washington University in St. Louis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just now!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Portal doesn't update, and it was Dean Ratts that called me instead of my interviewer too.
I looked up the number that called me and it was the doc that did the end of interview check out talk so thats a good sign!

Reactions: 1 user
II today!! OOS LizzyM ~75

Saw the invite like 4 hours ago and there were a couple of dates in mid-Feb but they're gone now. Will be calling to make arrangements as they suggest but I wonder if that means only late Feb dates will be open. Kind of a bummer if that's the case. :(

Reactions: 3 users
I sent an update to [email protected] at the beginning of this week, but never got any kind of confirmation email. Have other people gotten replies back, or am I all good?
I got a confirmation email saying that it had been added to my file that same day. Sounds like it just varies.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a II, complete 8/31.
Same, complete early Aug, LM 72. Does anyone know what dates we can anticipate are available? None are showing up on the calendar and I plan to call them after MLK day.

Just got a II, complete 8/31.

Congrats! Are there remaining II dates on the calendar/what are they? I assume there must be if IIs are going out but I haven't been able to see any since I got my II Friday night. It's really making me nervous.

Edit: Ah @ivybme can't see them either. They've been gone on my calendar for a couple of days now FYI.

Congrats! Are there remaining II dates on the calendar/what are they? I assume there must be if IIs are going out but I haven't been able to see any since I got my II Friday night. It's really making me nervous.
For some people (including myself) the calendar didn't show anything and you had to call to schedule. I know someone that got II this evening that is in Feb though.

There are two dates available on my calendar, both in the middle of Feb.

For some people (including myself) the calendar didn't show anything and you had to call to schedule. I know someone that got II this evening that is in Feb though.

I am so grateful to get an II that it feels like looking a gift horse in the mouth to complain about anything. But it sucks that the portal has these problems since it might lead to me/others getting somewhat later interview dates because of it. The stakes feel so high at this point in the cycle! And getting the II on the Friday evening of a long weekend just makes it worse haha.

I am so grateful to get an II that it feels like looking a gift horse in the mouth to complain about anything. But it sucks that the portal has these problems since it might lead to me/others getting somewhat later interview dates because of it. The stakes feel so high at this point in the cycle!

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I didn't get a calendar when I had my II, which was I think the day before thanksgiving. In my email it had said respond via email and I would be given open dates, then after a few days I got a list of 5 days, all within the same week.

I don't think you are at any significant disadvantage.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I am so grateful to get an II that it feels like looking a gift horse in the mouth to complain about anything. But it sucks that the portal has these problems since it might lead to me/others getting somewhat later interview dates because of it. The stakes feel so high at this point in the cycle! And getting the II on the Friday evening of a long weekend just makes it worse haha.
It will not hurt your chances to be interviewed a week or two later! Don't freak yourself out!

Anyone have advice about the interview?
It's extremely, extremely chill. A closed file short (20 min) one where they basically just ask "tell me about yourself" and then follow up on what you say. And then the longer interview is very relaxed and conversational, "tell me more about XYZ" no hard questions at all. No ethics scenarios, nothing out of the box at all.

I've heard there is now an interview with a current student too but I didn't have that one.

Know what's on your app and you're good to go!

When does washU usually stop the IIs ?

I was complete mid August. LM 77-78, OOS

II here earlier tonight. Complete early July, OOS

Do any fellow acceptees know how to accept our offer? I got the phone call but can't remember her saying anything about how to accept, and don't see anything on the portal. Thanks so much!

Do any fellow acceptees know how to accept our offer? I got the phone call but can't remember her saying anything about how to accept, and don't see anything on the portal. Thanks so much!
Acceptance package comes in the mail, and, if memory serves, you have 4 weeks (or was it 2?) to respond.

If you're concerned about meeting that timeline, you can have admissions email you the document, sign it and email it back, then when you get the mail, you can send the physical copy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back in my day we called admissions on the phone, and by golly we liked it! We didn't have these fancy calendars or emails with lists of times. Kids these days...

Back in my day we called admissions on the phone, and by golly we liked it! We didn't have these fancy calendars or emails with lists of times. Kids these days...

Back in the day, you also didn't have SDN ;)

late post but II on 1/13

lol had totally crossed WashU off my list... :p

peeps who have already interviewed, what time does the interview day wrap up (ex. 4pm, 5pm)? My portal isn't updated with the interview itinerary yet, and I'm planning to book a plane ticket as early as I can. thanks!

I left at around 3:30pm I think.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Awesome, so would it be reasonable in your opinion if I booked a return trip ~4:30PM? I'm assuming that the commute from Wash U to Lambert would only take ~35min, according to Google map directions. Or does this sound too early?

You'd probably get to the airport on time, but I'd leave a little extra room for error once you're at the airport for security and all that jazz. I'd want at least an hour before the flight to be safe!

Anyone else get a acceptance notification email this morning despite getting the call/packet months ago?

Reactions: 6 users
seeing people who were complete in July and August getting an interview gives me hope! complete 9/12, still waiting

For those of you that interviewed here, do you find out who your interviewers are a few days before the actual interview?

For those of you that interviewed here, do you find out who your interviewers are a few days before the actual interview?
Your itinerary on application portal

Reactions: 1 users
For those accepted, how long does it take to receive the acceptance letter/intent to matriculate form in the mail?

For people interviewed at WashU, do they ask detailed question about the candidate research experience? thanks