2017-2018 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today, complete September 13. The earliest interview date is November 6th.
Yepp, I scheduled mine for November 7. The woman I emailed hasn't confirmed with me yet so I'm hoping it sticks.

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately the only ones I can make are the January interview dates. I feel that's really late though...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yepp, I scheduled mine for November 7. The woman I emailed hasn't confirmed with me yet so I'm hoping it sticks.
I replied to the admission office email. Do you mind sharing the email of the woman if it's different? Pm me if possible, thank you.

Reactions: 1 user
Interview invite email today! I replied I wanted November 28th, but haven't heard back. This school is very attractive to me because of my background in mission work, so I am excited!

II! Do we just need to email the woman or did anyone call to secure their date?

II! Do we just need to email the woman or did anyone call to secure their date?
I didn't see a phone number to call in my email, so I replied to the email address they sent me.

Just got a II and unlike other schools I cant go back and review my secondary. Does anyone remember the questions?

Just got a II and unlike other schools I cant go back and review my secondary. Does anyone remember the questions?
They should have sent you a confirmation email after you submitted with your application as an attachment.

Sent from my 5056W using SDN mobile

Assuming an acceptance, how much of a deposit and how long is CUSOM giving you to pay it?

Would anyone who went for an interview have any advice on where to stay overnight and whether to rent a car, uber, taxi from Raleigh airport and the average costs?

Members don't see this ad :)
Would anyone who went for an interview have any advice on where to stay overnight and whether to rent a car, uber, taxi from Raleigh airport and the average costs?

Rent a car. I was able to get one for around ~80-90 bucks for 5 days. There are several hotels on the school website that are recommended. They are not super close to the school, around 15-25 minutes away, so that's why it's easier to have a car. There is pretty much no traffic so you shouldn't have any problems getting there.

Interviewing tomorrow and currently staying at the microtel. If you wanna be neurotic and meet up give me a shout

Interviewing tomorrow and currently staying at the microtel. If you wanna be neurotic and meet up give me a shout
You should get out and explore the area! 1) It will prevent your nerves from getting out of check by sitting in the hotel room. 2. I used the information from going around in my interview to show that I was really interested in getting to know the area. 3) There are some beautiful hikes around

Are the interviews open or closed file?

Completely open. I got questions about a specific quarter where my grades dropped (not a stressful question though she was really nice and chill)

I joined the Facebook group and put my deposit down! I'm going to Campbell!

Reactions: 6 users
Just got the email confirming my interview on the 6th of November, anybody interviewing that day?

Confirmation for my interview Nov. 7. Can anyone shed some light on the 3 interviews? I think I read earlier in the thread that they are one-on-one, open-file. What kinds of questions should I expect? And are they each 30 minutes long?

Confirmation for my interview Nov. 7. Can anyone shed some light on the 3 interviews? I think I read earlier in the thread that they are one-on-one, open-file. What kinds of questions should I expect? And are they each 30 minutes long?
I read from last year's thread that you will interview with 3 faculty members one on one. Each interview will last 20-30 mins, and they would ask you the typical questions (why DO, why medicine, why CUSOM) but they will have your open file in front of them so be prepared to answer questions about activities, shortcomings in terms of GPA, MCAT and such. Overall what I read is that the interview is chill, but you might be grilled depending on who interviews you.
PS, I wish I picked the 7th because flights are so expensive for the 6th lol.

I read from last year's thread that you will interview with 3 faculty members one on one. Each interview will last 20-30 mins, and they would ask you the typical questions (why DO, why medicine, why CUSOM) but they will have your open file in front of them so be prepared to answer questions about activities, shortcomings in terms of GPA, MCAT and such. Overall what I read is that the interview is chill, but you might be grilled depending on who interviews you.
PS, I wish I picked the 7th because flights are so expensive for the 6th lol.
This is pretty much how my day went. The interviewers had taken notes on my app and had those notes in front of them with questions. Most of the time in my 3 interviews was just chatting and getting to know each other.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know anything about the HPREP program here?

Interview here on Nov 7...just booked my flight. So expensive!! But hopefully worth it. Does anyone know how accepting the school and the community around it is to people of different religious/ethnic backgrounds?

Interview here on Nov 7...just booked my flight. So expensive!! But hopefully worth it. Does anyone know how accepting the school and the community around it is to people of different religious/ethnic backgrounds?
NC is pretty Christian but people are more accepting the closer you get to Durham. I follow both pagan and Buddhist practices and only mentioned the Buddhist part since I was worried about judgement :/

NC is pretty Christian but people are more accepting the closer you get to Durham. I follow both pagan and Buddhist practices and only mentioned the Buddhist part since I was worried about judgement :/
on a similar note, how gay friendly is the area/raleigh area?

II for November 13! Got the call Friday. They asked me if I can come this week, but that was very short notice for a flight purchase for me ha

II for November 13! Got the call Friday. They asked me if I can come this week, but that was very short notice for a flight purchase for me ha
I wonder why some people get calls and others only get emails

Interview confirmed for December 11th! Let me know who else is gong to be there on that date :)

Really? Man. I was hoping for a faster turnaround

I think it gets pushed out farther as the interview season moves forward. There was no mention of time frame when I interviewed, just what the earliest date we would hear back.

Hi all!! Can someone tell me if applying in January would be too late? Getting my MCAT score back in February...maybe someone knows someone who knows someone with a similar experience? Thanks in advance and GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! :clap:

Hi all!! Can someone tell me if applying in January would be too late? Getting my MCAT score back in February...maybe someone knows someone who knows someone with a similar experience? Thanks in advance and GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! :clap:
That is extremely late. If I was you, i would save my money and wait until next cycle. Especially if you haven't applied at all yet. Best of luck.

That is extremely late. If I was you, i would save my money and wait until next cycle. Especially if you haven't applied at all yet. Best of luck.
Yeah, I haven't put in any apps at all. Thank you!!

Does anyone know if CUSOM allows 3rd or 4th year students to do away rotations?

II just now! Can anyone comment on the turn around time for knowing if you are accepted post-interview? Thanks in advance!! I'm really excited!!
Interview Monday, accepted Friday. Good luck

Interviewed the first week of October and still haven't heard back

Interviewed the first week of October as well... I’m hoping we hear back soon, as I’ve been putting off buying a plane ticket to my next interview in hopes that I’ll be accepted here. My group was told it’d be roughly a four week wait. So maybe we’ll get a response this Friday or Monday.

Would it be too much to call on Friday? They told my group we would hear back October 27 at the latest.

Would it be too much to call on Friday? They told my group we would hear back October 27 at the latest.

When did they say that? I think we were in the same group (checked your history).

I would just give them an additional week after that and then consider calling. I'm sure they're just busy. I've had a couple schools that always seem to take just a few extra days than whatever they actually tell you to get back to you.

If you have solid stats go for it. I know someone you applied with lower mcat <500 in late January and he is now an OMS 1 at CUSOM. You have nothing to lose

If you have solid stats go for it. I know someone you applied with lower mcat <500 in late January and he is now an OMS 1 at CUSOM. You have nothing to lose
Really? That's what I was wondering about. I guess I have a good GPA and ECs, I just thought that most schools will have filled up their seats by that time. As I was combing through older threads I saw that there was quite a bit of movement throughout the whole cycle!

Really? That's what I was wondering about. I guess I have a good GPA and ECs, I just thought that most schools will have filled up their seats by that time. As I was combing through older threads I saw that there was quite a bit of movement throughout the whole cycle!
Just for reference, this school last year started offering interview invites for a waitlist spot around the end of December, just to put things into perspective.

Does anyone know why they require a 30-day deposit? I thought that was just for brand new schools with no graduating class.
skin in the game, it should cost something to occupy a seat
Hey everyone I had some questions about the residency slots that Campbell has. They explained it during the interview day but I was kinda confused (and tired from the six flights I had in a span of 3 days haha). My understanding was that Campbell has its own residency slots reserved specifically for their students that they can fall back on if they do not get matched elsewhere? Or choose up front, of course. Was this in multiple specialties or only Internal/FM/Peds? And can anyone speak to the quality of these residencies?

They made it sound like they had hundreds of residency slots, enough for every student to potentially match in one of the Campbell-specific residencies. I just wanted to make sure I had a clear understanding of what they were talking about.
There is absolutely NO reserved residency slots. You are not even guaranteed an interview. You may be more likely to get an interview from knowing the staff there but you aren't guaranteed anything.

Does anyone know if CUSOM allows 3rd or 4th year students to do away rotations?
yes