2017-2018 Geisel School of Medicine (Dartmouth)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Omg your username is SSDGM...is your avatar Elvis eating his cookie?!?! @SSDGM

Yes it is! :p another murderino made it of elvis (I think its a small sculpture?). I just used the picture for my avatar. Glad to find another murerino here...be careful, if either of us goes to Dartmouth it'll be hard to stay out of the forest! :p

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just rejected. Complete 07/27. OOS. Best of luck to those still waiting to hear!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they review apps in the order they receive them in or do they form some sort of rank list by which they review your file. I've been complete since 8/14 and have heard nothing :/

Do they review apps in the order they receive them in or do they form some sort of rank list by which they review your file. I've been complete since 8/14 and have heard nothing :/

They said it's in order of your file. I've been complete since 07/05 and still holding on

Reactions: 2 users
Just got my first acceptance here!! Such a relief!! Complete 8/10, interviewed 9/26. :)

Reactions: 12 users
Curious to know whether everyone rejected pre II gets notified eventually or if they also silently reject.

They reject pretty regularly so I have a feeling they don't do silent rejections (but I also don't know anything)

How recent is recent? I submitted one the second week of October (complete early July). Should I expect a rejection soon?

No, that probably means you've made it through - congrats. I got rejected 2-3 days later.

Last year I was complete in September and got my rejection in January, so they definitely do not send silent rejections. Applied again this year, and waiting. Keep your fingers crossed ! Good luck :)
They reject pretty regularly so I have a feeling they don't do silent rejections (but I also don't know anything)

No, that probably means you've made it through - congrats. I got rejected 2-3 days later.

What was the nature of your update if you don't mind me asking? I am wondering if I should send an update but perhaps I should wait until I have one large update with several important improvements.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an II! So surprised-- I had given up hope here.

Reactions: 3 users
Also just got a II!! I'm so pumped! Complete Mid-July, there's hope!

Reactions: 3 users
What was the nature of your update if you don't mind me asking? I am wondering if I should send an update but perhaps I should wait until I have one large update with several important improvements.

I updated them on the job that I started in August - what I was doing and the skills I was learning.

I updated them on the job that I started in August - what I was doing and the skills I was learning.

sounds like a legitimate update, lol...mine would be about the same.

Last edited:
Curious to know whether everyone rejected pre II gets notified eventually or if they also silently reject.

Also curious. Complete late july, silence. Silent rejection?
They definitely do not do silent rejections. I was complete July 11th and rejection email came October 4th.

:singing: The re-jec-tion comes in waves....WAVES.....waves :singing:

Hey can I have one of your guys’ interviews? Thanks in advance

Reactions: 4 users
Oh hey I got something in my email! Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Nope, it's a rejectionnnn.

Oh hey I got something in my email! Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Nope, it's a rejectionnnn.
hurts-just-a-little-bit-9476275

I'm sorry for your rejection, but congrats on the 7 acceptances so far!! That's really impressive. I also think the fact that you actually completed 52 secondary apps is astounding and admire your dedication. That's definitely the most I have heard of.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm sorry for your rejection, but congrats on the 7 acceptances so far!! That's really impressive. I also think the fact that you actually completed 52 secondary apps is astounding and admire your dedication. That's definitely the most I have heard of.

I feel broke just looking at the 59 primaries and 52 secondaries. I am sorry for your rejection. Congratulations on the acceptances elsewhere!

Hey guys, does anyone know if there is a social gathering the night before the interview? I got an interview invite a few days ago and I am so excited :)

Hey guys, does anyone know if there is a social gathering the night before the interview? I got an interview invite a few days ago and I am so excited :)
I don't believe so or it just didn't happen for our interview haha. I would suggest staying with student host night before.

Secondary received 7/3. Submitted 7/4. Update sent 9/30. Still holding on..

Interviewed here late September but haven't heard back. Must be on the alt-list by now. Best of luck everyone and congrats on those accepted!

II!
jumping for joy!
primary in june, secondary in july

Reactions: 10 users
I feel hope starting to fade for Dartmouth.

The longer you've been without a rejection, the stronger your hope should be!
You think so? The outer-space silence feels weird, but it's comforting to think that no news is good news.
Anyone have a sense of how many interview slots are left at Dartmouth?

You think so? The outer-space silence feels weird, but it's comforting to think that no news is good news.
Anyone have a sense of how many interview slots are left at Dartmouth?
You can find a six page document on how their admissions process works on the google machine. The way I read it: a number of subcommittees works on X number of apps each. Of those, they invite/reject/hold as they go. However, they don't get a new batch of apps until they clear their holds (reject or interview). So the longer you go without a rejection means you are continuously surviving the culling of the herd.
So rejoice, dear Frodo. For the night is dark and full of terrors.

Reactions: 9 users
You can find a six page document on how their admissions process works on the google machine. The way I read it: a number of subcommittees works on X number of apps each. Of those, they invite/reject/hold as they go. However, they don't get a new batch of apps until they clear their holds (reject or interview). So the longer you go without a rejection means you are continuously surviving the culling of the herd.
So rejoice, dear Frodo. For the night is dark and full of terrors.
Actually, this is a nice post to read before turning in for the night.
Sweet dreams! (No night terrors! lol)

no worries guys and gals, they have plenty of interview dates left

What dates did you see available if you don't mind me asking?
three dates in december
i asked for a specific date in January that they gave me
waiting to hear about another date in january when I'll be in the area
overall, they seem quite flexible

Its been a couple weeks since the last wave of acceptances. Hoping that perhaps some go out today! :)