2017-2018 Geisel School of Medicine (Dartmouth)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is this reality? ACCEPTED!!! Interviewed in late September. I’m on Cloud 9 rn.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 13 users
Accepted! Interviewed end of Sept.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to you both! I am super envious. Dartmouth is my #1, and I hope I receive an interview soon.
Sending positive vibes! Hope you get that II soon Dapper :)

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted yesterday! Interviewed first week of October. I've been dreaming of Dartmouth since I was a baby pre-med student...can't believe it's a reality!

Reactions: 9 users
Hey everyone I'm new here but i love the level of sarcasm in this thread!
was complete 7/27 and am hoping for an II good luck everyone! I feel like I should hear back relatively soon gauging from the dates of completion of others (keep your fingers crossed for me I only have 2 II's so far)
.....also Come at be Dartmouth!

So if I interviewed late September and haven't received an acceptance can I assume that I am going to be on the WL?

was complete 7/27 and am hoping for an II good luck everyone! I feel like I should hear back relatively soon gauging from the dates of completion of others (keep your fingers crossed for me I only have 2 II's so far)
thanks. gonna take it as a compliment. <3 best wishes babe

thanks. gonna take it as a compliment. <3 best wishes babe

you're welcome though I can't be your babe lol I'm a married dude. I will take that as a compliment also!

I bet you'll get one. I did (with a ****ty mcat) cause they like veterans.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II today! Available dates were in mid and late November.

Reactions: 4 users
I checked my portal today and saw that it said "Your secondary application has been received and is in process."
Haven't taken much notice to what was displayed before, but is this an update on Dartmouth's part? Complete early July and havent heard anything yet.

I checked my portal today and saw that it said "Your secondary application has been received and is in process."
Haven't taken much notice to what was displayed before, but is this an update on Dartmouth's part? Complete early July and havent heard anything yet.
As soon as you were complete that was the status update, otherwise all communication is via email - they don't use the portal throughout the rest of the process

So if I interviewed late September and haven't received an acceptance can I assume that I am going to be on the WL?

Definitely not! They do a weird like internal ranking type thing that is constantly shifted around I know some people who got in super late last cycle despite interviewing rather early! Keep your head up!

For ref I applied last cycle, was accepted, and deferred matriculation for a year so I will be joining class of 2022 with you all!

II! LizzyM ~76. They offered three dates in Nov.
Have never been to Hanover - super stoked to visit. Any recommendations for outdoorsy attractions nearby?

Oh, completed in Mid-July - rookie mistake!

So if my application is complete this week, when should I expect an answer :p

Definitely not! They do a weird like internal ranking type thing that is constantly shifted around I know some people who got in super late last cycle despite interviewing rather early! Keep your head up!

For ref I applied last cycle, was accepted, and deferred matriculation for a year so I will be joining class of 2022 with you all!
So there's one less seat?! nooooooo! lol

Accepted yesterday! Interviewed first week of October. I've been dreaming of Dartmouth since I was a baby pre-med student...can't believe it's a reality!

Omg your username is SSDGM...is your avatar Elvis eating his cookie?!?! @SSDGM

OH HEY FRIEND! Congrats!!!

I bet you'll get one. I did (with a ****ty mcat) cause they like veterans.

thanks dude! I'm hoping to get an II from a rolling admissions school plus Dartmouth is amazing! so far just schools that wont tell me anything until February or March

what is the interview like if you don't mind me asking for a veteran?

thanks dude! I'm hoping to get an II from a rolling admissions school plus Dartmouth is amazing! so far just schools that wont tell me anything until February or March

Sorry to tell you but Dartmouth isn't exactly rolling admissions either. You may not hear back post-interview until the end of the cycle because of how they do things.

They only make early offers to the superstar applicants (crazy stats, specific URMs, etc). Everyone else waits till March.
The interview was like any other school, except they don't give you a pen and you eat at the hospital cafeteria. Also, our tour guide was a total space cadet, and left us all quite underwhelmed.

oh man thanks for letting me know that. yeah i don't consider myself a super star applicant by any means. but it would be gratifying get an interview at least.

I absolutely loved Geisel and Hanover. It is beautiful! My experience on interview day was great. I felt like between the medical students (during the Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center Tour and the campus tour), the interviewers and the other admissions team members, all of my questions were answered. I had a great tour guide for the medical center tour. And another medical student joined us for lunch, to answer questions and tell us about the program.

I loved that they did a tour of the medical center. I did not have that at the last interview that I attended (with a different school, where we only toured the medical school). I also liked the optional campus tour. The first year student that led my group's campus tour tried to show us the areas that we would use the most as medical students. It really helped me see what student life would be like at Geisel.

The interviews are two, one-on-one, thirty minute interviews. The interviews may be with a doctor, professor/doctor, medical student, or admissions committee member. I really felt like they were trying to get to know me, while also telling me more about the school.

They did mention that they only accept a small handful of students at this point in the cycle. They said that the majority of students are accepted after interview season.

Good luck everyone! I would love to be accepted here!

Reactions: 6 users
Hey, for anyone who knows, how expensive is housing near Dartmouth? I notice on MSAR it says the estimated room/board is about 16K which seems relatively low compared to other schools

I got rejected a few hours after I sent an update. Wonder if it was coincidence or an issue with the update. Are they receptive to asking for feedback?

Rejected, but not too down about it! Complete in early August. I also sent them an update recently, but I highly doubt it swayed their decision. Maybe it just made them remember your app. Don't know about asking for feedback, because they sound like a really busy committee and may not respond back quickly

Edit: Ouch, guess a lot of other people got axed today too! I do appreciate them being upfront. Good luck to those still in the running!

Same thing happened to me - submitted an update and then got rejected two days later. My advice to those who have not been rejected yet - DO NOT SUBMIT AN UPDATE (unless you have something extremely important to say).

Same thing happened to me - submitted an update and then got rejected two days later. My advice to those who have not been rejected yet - DO NOT SUBMIT AN UPDATE (unless you have something extremely important to say).
How recent is recent? I submitted one the second week of October (complete early July). Should I expect a rejection soon?

I submitted an update and haven't been rejected yet. Complete in July, submitted update in September.

I was complete 08/13 and submitted an update in October and haven't heard anything yet either.

Hey, for anyone who knows, how expensive is housing near Dartmouth? I notice on MSAR it says the estimated room/board is about 16K which seems relatively low compared to other schools
2BR is like $1,500-$1,600 and they budget your personal expense to about $850 in rent.

yeah, if you are who I think you are, we saw each other two days in a row. No news for me though. You must have made their superstar list!

Hey again! Yeah, I hope you get into that second location one for sure. You just seemed so happy there and in love with it. Must've! Def wasn't expecting it.