2017-2018 Jefferson Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got 2 calls between 2:45pm and 3:15pm EST....none of which were from Jefferson. Sigh.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
accepted today! Interviewed early March and got the call around 2:30 PM. Does anyone know what Second Look is like? I might be only able to make it for one day but still want to go for April 20th

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Ah with all these HPWLs, I’m really scared that there’s no chance for me. Interviewing next week :(

looking at the health check form you need to complete before matriculation... they could actually ask you to list off what illnesses you have? even if they don't prevent you from being a physician.. like anxiety and depression is pretty common in physicians, it's weird that they ask about it

Last edited:
How have people been sending thank you notes? My interviewer gave me his personal email... should I also CC admissions so they put it in file?
I don't think cc'ing the admissions e-mail is necessary. The purpose of a thank you e-mail (in my mind) has been to leave the interviewer with a positive impression of you so that they say nice things during the committee meetings. Professionalism is a grade during med school, after all.

anyone know if the last week of interviews is April 4th? I have not been denied yet, but assuming this is the last week of interviews.

anyone know if the last week of interviews is April 4th? I have not been denied yet, but assuming this is the last week of interviews.
I’m pretty sure it is. I think they send out rejections once the date has passed just in case someone cancels their interview

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m pretty sure it is. I think they send out rejections once the date has passed just in case someone cancels their interview
Yes, I talked to them yesterday and they confirmed all seats are filled and 4th is the last day.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone know if we can bring a guest to Second Look day? Thanks!

If we were put on high priority waitlist, is our app reviewed again each week? Or is it going to be after April 18th?

If anyone is planning on canceling an interview last minute, please let the AdCom know that I'm willing to fill in :) I live a trolley ride away! I'm sure that's my only hope at this point...

Reactions: 1 users
If anyone is planning on canceling an interview last minute, please let the AdCom know that I'm willing to fill in :) I live a trolley ride away! I'm sure that's my only hope at this point...
+1

Does anyone remember when the earliest date was that Dr. Callahan said March 28th interviewees might hear back by? I know April 18th is the latest... Thanks!
I wrote down that we would hear back on April 4th or April 18th! Good Luck!

Reactions: 1 users
+2 but Ill gladly make the 7 hour drive overnight

I wrote down that we would hear back on April 4th or April 18th! Good Luck!
Hi! I’m interviewing this week and was just wondering if they said they would take off the week after the last interview date. I looked at previous threads and it looks like they do, but I just wanted to double check

Match list:

Attachments

• Class of 2018 Match List.pdf
    487.3 KB · Views: 243
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if HP wait list people reviewed every Wednesday with everyone else?

Will the offer be visible right away, or will it take some time to appear on the portal? I just got the call, but I don't see anything on the portal yet.

Will the offer be visible right away, or will it take some time to appear on the portal? I just got the call, but I don't see anything on the portal yet.
Don't be hasty lol. You will have it! Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know how many students are taken off the HPWL? The MSAR gives no data on it. It only says 85 students are taken off the WL which is 370 applicants.

I know international students can’t qualify for need-based aid but are there merit based scholarships that international students can be eligible for? Their website wasn’t clear about that!

I know international students can’t qualify for need-based aid but are there merit based scholarships that international students can be eligible for? Their website wasn’t clear about that!

All scholarships are need-based at Jefferson.

All scholarships are need-based at Jefferson.
How are some scholarships awarded before submitting financial info or getting the financial aid package if they are only need-based?

Finally got the axe today after radio silence for like 9 months straight :dead:

Reactions: 2 users