2017-2018 Jefferson Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Man not looking too well for me :( still haven’t heard anything

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Also, for those of you who were accepted today, did you get a new tab on your portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
HPWL literally just now. Sucks but I’m being optimistic! Here’s to trying to get off of the waitlist and joining some of you!

Reactions: 1 users
Is the HPWL actually high priority? From what I’ve seen everyones been accepted or put on HPWL which sorta makes me a tad worried

Second Look SOS

I was accepted here in Dec, invited to second look but never got an agenda. Called and they said they’d email me one and I’ve been checking my Jeff email and the email address on my app repeatedly and nothing (checking spam as well). Now it’s pretty much the end of the business day and I just got the same response from the office...and still no email.

I’m not from here at all and the friend I’m staying with was planning on helping me figure out the route and all that tonight but I still have no idea where the reception is being held! Kinda freaking out because I’m here for second look from across the country.

Can someone pm me the agenda or at least the address for tomorrow? I can screenshot my acceptance email or original second look invite (sans agenda, sooo frustrating) if need be.

So it looks like they haven’t accepted anyone off the waitlist?

Does anyone know how the waitlist works? I know half the class usually comes in off the waitlist, but when does movement start? And it seems at this point that the list must be pretty long...

Does anyone know how the waitlist works? I know half the class usually comes in off the waitlist, but when does movement start? And it seems at this point that the list must be pretty long...

How many people come off the WL will depend on how many people already accepted decline their spots. In past years it has been ~half the class. Id guess WL movement will mainly be end of april early may since people will need to only hold one spot after April 30th. That means everyone already accepted has to say yes/no to Jefferson in the nest 2 weeks. There will be movement later on in may/june depending on how many people accepted off the WL actually accept spots. This continues until the entire class is filled.

Members don't see this ad :)
how was second look last week? I wasn't able to make it out but just wondering if anyone wants to share their experience or anything in particular the current students talked about

how was second look last week? I wasn't able to make it out but just wondering if anyone wants to share their experience or anything in particular the current students talked about

I had such a fun time. Met so many current and admitted students that were super friendly and would love to be classmates with. Also may or may not have gotten drunk with some of them LOL

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone estimate how many students were there? Did it look like a full class ~250 students? Twice the size of a class ~500 students? Or less than a full class? Just trying to gauge how many spots may open up next week.

Anyone estimate how many students were there? Did it look like a full class ~250 students? Twice the size of a class ~500 students? Or less than a full class? Just trying to gauge how many spots may open up next week.
Dr. Callahan said 180 ish was at second look

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

anybody here who has lived in center city/gone to jeff? i got my financial aid award letter with $13k left per year after tuition costs and wondering if that's reasonable to live with in center city.

What do you mean by $13k left per year after tuition costs? I just got my award letter and am trying to understand what everything means. Thank you!

I had such a fun time. Met so many current and admitted students that were super friendly and would love to be classmates with. Also may or may not have gotten drunk with some of them LOL

Nice, that reinforces my idea that Jefferson students are great to grab a beer with. Just wondering if at second look they gave some more information on 3rd and 4th years in the new JeffMD curriculum? Anything else cool they talked about the school?

Do people usually get taken off the HPWL before the one-acceptance deadline? Im gonna be away for the next three weeks without much phone service

Dr. Callahan said 180 ish was at second look

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Yes, ~180 at second look, and then she mentioned that approx. 80% of those present will end up attending. I talked several people who were still unsure, so there's going to be a lot of movement, I'm sure!

Do people usually get taken off the HPWL before the one-acceptance deadline? Im gonna be away for the next three weeks without much phone service
You should contact the admissions office and let them know of this situation, and that you will be better reached via e-mail etc. I do not advise going off the grid right now.

You should contact the admissions office and let them know of this situation, and that you will be better reached via e-mail etc. I do not advise going off the grid right now.

Yep! I spoke with Dr. Callahan. And yeah its bad timing haha but I’ve had this trip planned since February. I made it very clear that I will 100000% attend and that if I don’t pick up its because I’ll be in a jungle without service hahaha

Yep! I spoke with Dr. Callahan. And yeah its bad timing haha but I’ve had this trip planned since February. I made it very clear that I will 100000% attend and that if I don’t pick up its because I’ll be in a jungle without service hahaha
Awesome! Enjoy your trip, it sounds like it's going to be amazing :)

I know there’s a lot of waitlist movement after traffic day but do you guys think there’s going to be some movement prior to that?

Where can I find any financial aid info/ scholarship offers? Is it on the application site somewhere?
It should have been emailed to you to your jefferson email, unless you haven’t set that up. They’ll give you instructions on how to apply for financial aid through banner, I think.

If you were given one, a scholarship offer would also have been emailed to you but I believe to whichever email you used for AMCAS.

Only know from my experience so it may have been different for others.

Does anyone know if people on the HPWL should expect movement today?

Does anyone know if people on the HPWL should expect movement today?

I may be totally wrong (and I hope I am) but I'm guessing by now nothing for today. Feel like the calls usually start around 1ish. But at least one person has to have withdrawn their acceptance at this point, sooooo yeah...

Can someone post a link for the accepted students facebook page?

I may be totally wrong (and I hope I am) but I'm guessing by now nothing for today. Feel like the calls usually start around 1ish. But at least one person has to have withdrawn their acceptance at this point, sooooo yeah...

At this point have they only issued a number of acceptances equal to positions in the first year class (I believe 272)? Would anyone know?

I was looking at previous years’ threads and there seems to be some movement (if any) the Friday before traffic day. But, definitely a lot more movement the Friday after traffic day.

I was looking at previous years’ threads and there seems to be some movement (if any) the Friday before traffic day. But, definitely a lot more movement the Friday after traffic day.

Lol that in a way seems worse than giving it on May 1 if you have another acceptance. you only have a weekend to decide.

How do I withdraw? Is it the decline offer button on the supplemental application? I wasn't sure if that worked since I had previously accepted the offer.

Withdrawing my spot and scholarship. Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if the entire HPWL usually gets admitted?

On the status tab, click the "Withdraw Application"

Thank you! I wasn’t sure and I’m also withdrawing. Loved a lot about this school but ultimately chose somewhere else. Hope one of you gets my spot!

Reactions: 5 users
Just got accepted from the WL!!! It's my first acceptance!!!!!!

Reactions: 13 users
Do you think she’s calling people with other acceptances later in the week, since it’s traffic day today?