2017-2018 Jefferson Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted yesterday! Does anyone know when financial packages usually come out?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I totally want that MPH program after sitting in silence for 9 months :cool:

Has anyone gotten a travel reimbursement for second look?

Rejected. Darn, I really thought I had a shot because of the interview I didn't receive and their complete and utter silence for 6 months (I'm sure a tactic to increase meditative practices in stressed applicants and improve overall harmony in this busy, busy world). Good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 1 users
How are some scholarships awarded before submitting financial info or getting the financial aid package if they are only need-based?

Is this happening? Maybe not then, this is just what they told us on interview day (it was in the packet if you held onto that).

Rejected (just a courtesy at this point because I never got an II).

Being a non-traditional applicant working as an engineer for 5 years, I really needed to nail the MCAT. I mostly did, aside from bio, which I'm sure turned out to be my undoing.

Line has to be drawn somewhere, but it's still a bit disappointing when I spent loads of time (and lost hair!) volunteering, shadowing, and studying just to be rejected. I feel for everyone who got the rejection today and previously.

I have one more out for this cycle, waiting on news from an interview I had at a different school. Would have loved to be part of SKMC '22; good luck to those accepted/on the waitlist.

Last edited:
Is this happening? Maybe not then, this is just what they told us on interview day (it was in the packet if you held onto that).

I got a scholarship months before giving them any financial info

Members don't see this ad :)
Can any upper years describe second look day? What to expect, what to wear, if it's worth going etc.
Thanks!

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone gotten a travel reimbursement for second look?
i got an email about it, but no actual reimbursement yet.

have you (or anyone) gotten info about student hosts? not trying to get a hotel lol

I still haven’t been rejected. Go figure. I can log into the portal and it says my application is complete.

Anyone interested in finding a roommate to share a 2b2b? Pm me (a local Philly dude)

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Can any upper years describe second look day? What to expect, what to wear, if it's worth going etc.
Thanks!
Not an upper year but have been talking to one and he told me that there was definitely no dress code for second look! As far as the rest, I'm also very lost, they haven't given us much information to go off of.

Anybody receive a merit based award? How was that communicated to you? Thanks!

For those attending second look, I just received an email about it. They said attire is business casual!

Reactions: 2 users
Can anyone comment on the student health insurance? Are there alternative options? Like getting a private student insurance, etc.?

Has anyone received their financial packet? I was marked complete early March, but still have not received anything.

Didn't see anything in the email but are guests allowed to come to second look or is it only for admitted students?

I have. Check your Jeff e-mail! I think it comes through there.

To be considered complete, we need to submit the institutional application and the verification worksheet, correct? Do we also need to submit the Federal Stafford Loan App? Thanks!

To be considered complete, we need to submit the institutional application and the verification worksheet, correct? Do we also need to submit the Federal Stafford Loan App? Thanks!

The Federal Stafford Loan is just a promissory note. If you already had the Stafford loan before, you are good to go.

Does anyone know if any waitlist people going to be accepted tomorrow? Or just the last group of interviewees from april 4th?

Does anyone know if any waitlist people going to be accepted tomorrow? Or just the last group of interviewees from april 4th?
I believe the HPWL people can be accepted at any point. If I remember correctly, there were a lot getting accepted in late April/early May, which I suppose is to be expected with interviews being over.

Is the institutional application sent to students once they are accepted? I know Tufts has everyone (even those deferred/on a waitlist) submit, so I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Interviewed April 4th and super excited/nervous to hear back tomorrow!

Reactions: 3 users
Same here! Hoping for some good news tomorrow. Dr. Callahan calls around 1-4pm, right? I need to make sure I'm in a place with service haha!

Is the institutional application sent to students once they are accepted? I know Tufts has everyone (even those deferred/on a waitlist) submit, so I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

The institutional application can be found on Banner, under financial aid! I believe you’ll only be able to access it once you are accepted.

Last edited:
I have a Fitbit and anytime I think about getting that call my hr spikes. I'll probably throw up in anticipation tomorrow. I hope we all get in

Reactions: 2 users
Currently shaking with anxiety... good luck to everyone today, if only we could all be accepted! Remember the mantra - this decision, good or bad, does not define us. Fingers crossed for everyone!

Reactions: 6 users
I have followed this thread since February and know how much a single phone call can completely change a life! Wishing all of you good news--but especially wishing my girl this chance. Please call Dr Callahan:penguin::penguin::penguin::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::lurking::lurking::watching::wideyed::hello::hello:

I have followed this thread since February and know how much a single phone call can completely change a life! Wishing all of you good news--but especially wishing my girl this chance. Please call Dr Callahan:penguin::penguin::penguin::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::lurking::lurking::watching::wideyed::hello::hello:
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." -Sharon Begley

Just got the call!! So excited to attend. I'm shaking!!

Reactions: 5 users
got the call from Dr. Callahan around 3pm!!!! started crying on the phone. so unbelievably grateful <3

Reactions: 4 users