2017-2018 Liberty University (LUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Beside renting houses, is there any way to get a place for like 300 - 400 a month?

Members don't see this ad.

Mr. Smith mentioned that there was a Facebook group for LUCOM class of 2022. Does anyone know anything about it?

Mr. Smith mentioned that there was a Facebook group for LUCOM class of 2022. Does anyone know anything about it?

Yeah, there is. Just search up on Facebook - LUCOM Class of 2022, and you'll see.

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone on the waitlist be patient because I just got the call tonight that I've been pulled off and I am super excited to come to Liberty in the Fall!

Reactions: 8 users
I missed a call from Dean Patton this evening since I was swamped at work. Tried returning his call back 30 mins later, but went straight to voicemail. is this a good sign? and if I missed a call, would this mean I would get an email from them?

Reactions: 3 users
I missed a call from Dean Patton this evening since I was swamped at work. Tried returning his call back 30 mins later, but went straight to voicemail. is this a good sign? and if I missed a call, would this mean I would get an email from them?
It is very likely that you got accepted. I remembered that Dr. Patton said he only made calls for acceptance! Call him back again and check your LU email.

Reactions: 1 users
It is very likely that you got accepted. I remembered that Dr. Patton said he only made calls for acceptance! Call him back again and check your LU email.

will do! thanks so much! :)

Beside renting houses, is there any way to get a place for like 300 - 400 a month?
There's a lot of rooms for rent in that price range. You might end up with undergraduates though, which could be detrimental if you study at home. Best bet is to look for a roommate who's also a medical student. Post on the group facebook page.

I was just looking over their website.. and it said Letters of Rec should be submitted through interfolio, etc. Does this need to be done separately from the AACOMAS application process? I have emailed them a few times and I never get a response

Here is the URL to the class of 2022 group

Also, major props to everyone that interviewed today. After talking with a few of you, and the professors that performed the interview, I've never heard such positive remarks about an entire group. It sounds like a lot of you left great impressions with the staff here. I really hope to have you all come and matriculate here in July!

I was just looking over their website.. and it said Letters of Rec should be submitted through interfolio, etc. Does this need to be done separately from the AACOMAS application process? I have emailed them a few times and I never get a response
If I remember correctly, interfolio is a separate entity, and they will send your designated LOR's to the schools you choose. The school will link them to your application, and give you a green light for that requirement.

Everyone on the waitlist be patient because I just got the call tonight that I've been pulled off and I am super excited to come to Liberty in the Fall!
Congrats Vader!
It’s a very good sign :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Quick question - are we provided computers/laptops/tablets as first year students? I know a lot of med schools provide these things, but I don’t remember hearing about this with LUCOM.

I know that LUCOM is not reallg heavy on research, but there seem to be six researches going on from what I see/ heard on the website and during my interview.

How competitive is it to join in the research team as OMS-1? Is it going to be paid or voluntary position?

Quick question - are we provided computers/laptops/tablets as first year students? I know a lot of med schools provide these things, but I don’t remember hearing about this with LUCOM.
I asked the same question not too long ago and was told that we get a laptop :claps:

I know that LUCOM is not reallg heavy on research, but there seem to be six researches going on from what I see/ heard on the website and during my interview.

How competitive is it to join in the research team as OMS-1? Is it going to be paid or voluntary position?

I know there is a fair amount of research going on. I don't think it's hard to become a part of it. Pretty sure It's not paid.

They are also very helpful in helping you start your own research projects.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted!! Relief to know that i will finally become a doctor.

Reactions: 9 users
So many interviews and acceptances lately for yall! Congrats and please shoot me a message if you have any questions or need some tips and advice!

Any tips or info greatly appreciated!! I am Freakin nervous, this is my first interview!

and what did everyone wear :) I need to go shopping, I am 8 weeks PP and nothing fits yet haha

Any tips or info greatly appreciated!! I am Freakin nervous, this is my first interview!

and what did everyone wear :) I need to go shopping, I am 8 weeks PP and nothing fits yet haha

Congratualtions on the II, this is really exciting! PM me, and we can talk about your interview!

That's so exciting! My friend and I will be giving your tour and eating lunch with your group on the 2nd. PM me if you have any questions! If not, I'll see you here next Friday!

Does anyone know if there are still acceptance offers given to new interviews or is it for the WL? I’m interviewing next week. Still plan on going either way, just curious.

Does anyone know if there are still acceptance offers given to new interviews or is it for the WL? I’m interviewing next week. Still plan on going either way, just curious.

In passing i asked Dr.Patton about this last week and 2022 was not full at that time.

Congrats on all the acceptances and invites guys! I've probably met a few of you here and there or just said good luck today to some of you as I went down for class. Current OMS-I, I'll be studying for our last GI exam but leave some questions if you have any or message me and I'll try to get to them after the exam!

So I have been on the WL since mid-November and I received an email from Mr. Ousley a few days ago asking if I was still interested in coming to LUCOM. I have emailed Dr. Patton a couple of times letting him know that I was still interested, but I haven't sent one since December. I am wondering if all waitlisters get this email or if this is a good sign that I will get a call soon?

So I have been on the WL since mid-November and I received an email from Mr. Ousley a few days ago asking if I was still interested in coming to LUCOM. I have emailed Dr. Patton a couple of times letting him know that I was still interested, but I haven't sent one since December. I am wondering if all waitlisters get this email or if this is a good sign that I will get a call soon?

If I remember right I think I got an email like that (I was actually waitlisted around the same time you were, 2 days before Thanksgiving I believe? It's already been over a year since then, holy cow...). I want to say it's to make sure that they just clear out anyone who has already taken an acceptance elsewhere who may not want the possibility of obtaining a seat here anymore.

I don't think it's a sign of getting a call quite yet. Letting them know your interest is always a good thing though, I was pulled off waitlist by emailing them every so often letting them know what I'm doing and asking what my status on the waitlist was. (N=1 though, everyone could be different) They really like knowing that you're interested in them.

Keep your spirits up!

Just got an Interview invite here last night at 2 am. How is this program?

Hey everyone! I just had my interview here on Friday. Feel free to ask me anything, glad to help in anyway I can! :)

Dress code? Not sure if I should bring a blazer to complete the suit, or if I can get away with slacks and a nice blouse :)

The ladies I interviewed with wore women’s business suits with matching jackets. Can’t go wrong topping off the ensemble with a blazer, plus it’s chilly this time of year :)

Dress code? Not sure if I should bring a blazer to complete the suit, or if I can get away with slacks and a nice blouse :)

Blazer. The dress code for students is business casual but for interviews go for a little more formal.

Hey everyone, just need your input. I have this friend who's in limbo of what he should do with LUCOM.

His stats:
MCAT 509
GPA overall 3.1 from University of Michigan, Masters Degree from Georgetown with a 3.0.

He submitted his application late, hasn't heard back on a secondary and it's been a few weeks. What should he do?

Hey everyone, just need your input. I have this friend who's in limbo of what he should do with LUCOM.

His stats:
MCAT 509
GPA overall 3.1 from University of Michigan, Masters Degree from Georgetown with a 3.0.

He submitted his application late, hasn't heard back on a secondary and it's been a few weeks. What should he do?
It’s only been a few weeks so he could be getting word in the next few. Best thing would be to call in and ask where he’s at in the process. Did he apply only to LUCOM?

His stats:
MCAT 509

I'd reach out to the school and reiterate interest, and stress service. I applied late and received an II. They are pretty selective with who they send II to, I'm not entirely sure the specifics of what they are looking for, but its more than just stats.

It's definitely more than stats, but I'll admit that MCAT is nice enough for a lot of schools. The GPA is debatable but I've seen it done with other people and other schools (Myself I was a 3.3/3.1). I'd say have him reach to the school like meddmonster says and reiterate some interest, and ask where he is in the process. I've heard of situations where emails somehow don't get to the person, so also have him check spam mail as well, as I've seen my secondaries and "thank you for your interest" emails get sent there during my process.

Theyre a big on service, like the poster above mentioned. Also advise to mention the importance of maintaining a family-like environment with students; "family" and "service" was brought up several times during my interview.

Those those who're interviewing here soon, PM me for any advise! - I recently interviewed and was accepted.

Reactions: 3 users
Acceptance letter received in the mail :)

Reactions: 5 users
For medical students in 3rd or 4th year, how are the rotations like

Lol Never got one... Been accepted mid Dec, still waiting for my letter.. should i worry? Ahha
It probably got lost and if you want the paper copy like feel free to call/email and ask for a copy, but as long as you're working on the admissions checklist and getting everything in within the dates you should be okay?