2017-2018 Loma Linda University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview, complete late September, scheduled for early February.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know what percentage of those interviewed are accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what percentage of those interviewed are accepted?

I am not sure about acceptance stats specifically, but last year the MSAR says 395 were interviewed and 168 matriculated with 25 coming from the waitlist.

This thread is so quiet lol. it feels like theres no post-II rejections.

Really want an II here. Hoping there are still some opportunities!!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted :) got a phone call ~5:30 pm. Non-SDA Christian. Interviewed early December. Good luck to everyone, prayers for all!

Accepted :) got a phone call ~5:30 pm. Non-SDA Christian. Interviewed early December. Good luck to everyone, prayers for all!
when was your interview day? if you don't mind answering :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Don’t mind at all. I interviewed 12/5 I think!

anyone know if LLU is still offering II? Would it be appropriate to call & ask? Silence since July, other than the email stating "your application is in review" :\

anyone know if LLU is still offering II? Would it be appropriate to call & ask? Silence since July, other than the email stating "your application is in review" :\
I think it'd be okay to ask what part of the interview cycle they are in, as in if there are still open interview dates coming up. I called a month ago and all they said was they were a little behind but couldn't give specifics about my application. Maybe you can call & report back =P

From what I remember after asking admissions back in November, they offer interviews all the way into the end of march. It is only the middle of January, and they can give you an interview with like a few week's notice, so try and stay optimistic as best you can!

Reactions: 2 users
Got in yesterday! ❤️ Interviewed 11/16 :) so thankful!

Question for the forum: When does LLU truly reject candidates for medicine? I'm just curious if I will hear a rejection from LLU sooner...than later. That being said, it seems that LLU sent rejection letters back in November already to some candidates.

I just hope I can get a II soon :arghh:.

Question for the forum: When does LLU truly reject candidates for medicine? I'm just curious if I will hear a rejection from LLU sooner...than later. That being said, it seems that LLU sent rejection letters back in November already to some candidates.

I just hope I can get a II soon :arghh:.

From what I’ve read from past threads, I think the general trend is that they send out a lot of rejections later in the cycle rather than earlier.

This might not be the case for other schools, but I’ve always had a really pleasant experience asking LLUSM admissions reps pretty specific questions on the phone. Maybe you can call them and ask them if there has been any activity on your app, especially if you haven’t heard from them for awhile. They do offer interviews through March, so there is still hope!

From what I’ve read from past threads, I think the general trend is that they send out a lot of rejections later in the cycle rather than earlier.

This might not be the case for other schools, but I’ve always had a really pleasant experience asking LLUSM admissions reps pretty specific questions on the phone. Maybe you can call them and ask them if there has been any activity on your app, especially if you haven’t heard from them for awhile. They do offer interviews through March, so there is still hope!

I might actually do that (call them) since I've only emailed adcoms.

To be honest, I'm kind of anxious about med admissions since I've only been rejected thus far.

While my numbers are a bit on the lower end of the spectrum, I've been at least working at LLU for some time, so I'm hoping that this work (I'm currently a clinical research coordinator) can persuade LLU adcoms to give me a chance.

I might actually do that (call them) since I've only emailed adcoms.

To be honest, I'm kind of anxious about med admissions since I've only been rejected thus far.

While my numbers are a bit on the lower end of the spectrum, I've been at least working at LLU for some time, so I'm hoping that this work (I'm currently a clinical research coordinator) can persuade LLU adcoms to give me a chance.

I hope the best for you!

I received my invitation to interview on January 5th. Don’t lose hope!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone found a Facebook group or something for those who've been accepted and plan to attend?

Anyone found a Facebook group or something for those who've been accepted and plan to attend?

There is a group for LLUSM Class of 2022. However, they haven’t added me yet after I requested for admission to the group last December.

I was accepted yesterday morning by email!! Currently out of the country, which is why the acceptance was by email.

I’m sorry to be a neurotic pre-med, but I’m quite worried I’ve been silently rejected by LLU, though they told me via phone that my file is still under review. It’s already the end of Jan and still no interview invite.

When is it probable to throw in the towel with LLU? Is it completely possible for them to do invites through Feb and March? Also, have they rejected more people since November?

I’m just worried that I’ll have to take additional years to wait in limbo...though I’m planning on applying for the MCAT on Feb 7.

I’m sorry to be a neurotic pre-med, but I’m quite worried I’ve been silently rejected by LLU, though they told me via phone that my file is still under review. It’s already the end of Jan and still no interview invite.

When is it probable to throw in the towel with LLU? Is it completely possible for them to do invites through Feb and March? Also, have they rejected more people since November?

I’m just worried that I’ll have to take additional years to wait in limbo...though I’m planning on applying for the MCAT on Feb 7.

To be completely frank, I'd assume that an II at this point is slim at best (and statistically speaking, much slimmer than it was last Fall when most of the interview slots were still available). I'd assume that your application has probably already been reviewed but that you were strong enough of an applicant to not be outright rejected pre-II back in Nov.

It's not that getting an II can't happen between now and the end of the cycle, but it would behoove you to start making plans to reapply if you're set on MD programs. GL with the MCAT retake!

I'm also still waiting on LLU to get back to me and was complete back in mid July time. From years past, it appears that LLU tends to wait until the end of the cycle to mass reject ppl pre-II. Anyways, fingers crossed!

To be completely frank, I'd assume that an II at this point is slim at best (and statistically speaking, much slimmer than it was last Fall when most of the interview slots were still available). I'd assume that your application has probably already been reviewed but that you were strong enough of an applicant to not be outright rejected pre-II back in Nov.

It's not that getting an II can't happen between now and the end of the cycle, but it would behoove you to start making plans to reapply if you're set on MD programs. GL with the MCAT retake!

I'm also still waiting on LLU to get back to me and was complete back in mid July time. From years past, it appears that LLU tends to wait until the end of the cycle to mass reject ppl pre-II. Anyways, fingers crossed!

Yeah. That’s my worst fear right now since I took a gap year already to fix some of my apps.

On the other hand, I wonder how LLU rejected those in November? I looked back in this thread and some of the rejected people had high scores.

To be honest, I would like to get into the biomed program the most. I don’t think my app is strong enough for full admission, but I would like to prove my chops in the program...

That being said, I think I need an interview in order to get into the program.

Yeah. That’s my worst fear right now since I took a gap year already to fix some of my apps.

On the other hand, I wonder how LLU rejected those in November? I looked back in this thread and some of the rejected people had high scores.

To be honest, I would like to get into the biomed program the most. I don’t think my app is strong enough for full admission, but I would like to prove my chops in the program...

That being said, I think I need an interview in order to get into the program.

I don’t know if I’m qualified to answer this, as I’m not a current LLU student (I was accepted just this month)... but I believe LLU truly values other traits (character, service, spirituality [read: not necessarily SDA Christian, though they do have a bias for these candidates]) as much as or even more than GPA and MCAT. I think it is for that reason the LLU might reject candidates who have incredible scores.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck. I truly believe there is still a chance for all applicants awaiting an II. That being said, it wouldn’t hurt to start preparing a back up plan and looking for new extracurriculars, service missions, or academic endeavors to bolster your app the next time around. It’s hard to get into med school! You’re doing what so many people think is impossible- keep going and keep your head up!

When do people usually hear back after their interview day?

Writing this for the applicants on this thread and for future applicants who might look at this thread in the years to come-

It seems like historically LLU notifies accepted applicants via phone call the third Thursday or Friday of each month, typically beginning in December. It’s not totally official though, so there are probably tons of exceptions.

Historically, it seems like the majority of applicants will be notified of acceptance in the month/two months following their interview. There are a few applicants who are notified three or even four months later as well! There really is no official rule for when LLU will notify applicants, except that they notify everyone (acceptance, waitlist, rejection) by April per AAMC traffic rules.

Hope this helps!

I don’t know if I’m qualified to answer this, as I’m not a current LLU student (I was accepted just this month)... but I believe LLU truly values other traits (character, service, spirituality [read: not necessarily SDA Christian, though they do have a bias for these candidates]) as much as or even more than GPA and MCAT. I think it is for that reason the LLU might reject candidates who have incredible scores.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck. I truly believe there is still a chance for all applicants awaiting an II. That being said, it wouldn’t hurt to start preparing a back up plan and looking for new extracurriculars, service missions, or academic endeavors to bolster your app the next time around. It’s hard to get into med school! You’re doing what so many people think is impossible- keep going and keep your head up!

Thanks for your well-meaning words. It’s appreciated.

I’m just a bit bummed that my plans have kinda derailed since most of my friends already got LLU interviews (and some got accepted already).

I just hope there is some luck soon...either late Jan or Feb. I just would like a chance to explain my case...

Another random question: How do you guys think LLU looks at apps? I wonder if they group them up and look at them in waves. When I talked with adcoms on Tuesday, she said that they had a little over a thousand apps to get go through.

Last edited:
Thanks for your well-meaning words. It’s appreciated.

I’m just a bit bummed that my plans have kinda derailed since most of my friends already got LLU interviews (and some got accepted already).

I just hope there is some luck soon...either late Jan or Feb. I just would like a chance to explain my case...
I somewhat relate to what you’re feeling. I am an SDA and did not do well on my MCAT. I have a great GPA and EC. I’m not sure if I would’ve gotten my interview in October if it hadn’t had been that I graduated from an Adventist University. I haven’t heard anything since the interview and all my friends have been accepted so I’m feeling pretty discouraged/bummed out myself. I’m on my second gap year too. All that I keep telling myself is that yes I’m getting older and I’m ready to start school, but if it’s not the time it’s not the time. You will get into med school if you want it because if you want it you will find a way. I’ve talked to people that had to take 3-4 gap years and they say it made them better doctors. Easier said than done to not get discouraged but just remember you’re not alone and you will make it :) there is always hope until the end of the cycle

Last edited:
I somewhat relate to what you’re feeling. I am an SDA and did not do well on my MCAT. I have a great GPA and EC. I’m not sure if I would’ve gotten my interview in October if it hadn’t had been that I graduated from an Adventist University. I haven’t heard anything since the interview and all my friends have been accepted so I’m feeling pretty discouraged/bummed out myself. I’m on my second gap year too. All that I keep telling myself is that yes I’m getting older and I’m ready to start school, but if it’s not the time it’s not the time. You will get into med school if you want it because if you want it you will find a way. I’ve talked to people that had to take 3-4 gap years and they say it made them better doctors. Easier said than done to not get discouraged but just remember you’re not alone and you will make it :) there is always hope until the end of the cycle

I wish you the best of luck as well.

My numbers are a bit battered, but I’m been working at LLU in the clinical setting and got recommendations from my supervisors here.

I’m praying / hoping that I can at least appeal for the biomed program so I can just keep moving.

Random question: what time did you receive your offer for interview?

If it’s also not too personal, what is your LizzyM score...and are you SDA?

I received the offer at 11:12am on January 10th. My LM score is a 69.60 & no, I’m not SDA, but I have worked in the pharmacy at the med center for almost 2 years.

I received the offer at 11:12am on January 10th. My LM score is a 69.60 & no, I’m not SDA, but I have worked in the pharmacy at the med center for almost 2 years.

Oh! Congrats! Does that mean you're a full-fledged pharmacist?

I just hope I get an interview soon...

I think they send out offers until March, but I'm already preparing for the worst :bear:

Last edited:
Oh! Congrats! Does that mean you're a full-fledged pharmacist?

I just hope I get an interview soon...

I think they send out offers until March, but I'm already preparing for the worst :bear:

Thank you!

Not a pharmacist, just a tech. I’m sure you will! Just stay positive! & yes I’ve heard the same about them doing everything pretty late in the game. There’s always hope!

Interview invite via email today! Very surprised! :)

But I feel like I am interviewing kind of late...which worries me a lot.
I already have couple acceptances at other medical schools, but I would love to go to LLUSM if I get in.

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed early Jan, accepted mid-January. Non-SDA, but I am involved in my religious community. Regardless of what you believe and don't believe, I would advise you to do some research into who the Adventists are. Wishing you all the best of luck!!!

Interviewed early Jan, accepted mid-January. Non-SDA, but I am involved in my religious community. Regardless of what you believe and don't believe, I would advise you to do some research into who the Adventists are. Wishing you all the best of luck!!!
How quick was your turnaround? 2 weeks? I interviewed last week and I'm already neurotic about it lol