2017-2018 University of Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted this morning! The online applicant center says something about the supplemental application and I see nothing about the Student Information Form...not helping my worry that somehow they made a mistake. Has this happened to anyone?
Accepted from waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any chances of still getting an interview? OOS complete early August...

Reactions: 1 user
@BurntFlower Ok. So pre-II is fine then?

Yes - I sent a letter of interest because I'm just that persistent about getting an interview here haha. They sent an email a few days later thanking me for my update and that they've added it to my application, so I say go for it.

Yes - I sent a letter of interest because I'm just that persistent about getting an interview here haha. They sent an email a few days later thanking me for my update and that they've added it to my application, so I say go for it.
Hmmm, I sent a letter about a month ago but I never received a response, should I resend it? I did send it to a specific member of the admissions team, I hope they didnt quit... lol

Who else interviewed today? There were two or three dozen of us. I took Casper the last possible day, but since they said they were going to need two months to respond to us, I think it's okay.

Hey! I wanted to send them an update/LOI as well but then i saw this in their 'secondary application received' email:

"Your application will be under consideration until we invite you for an interview or inform you that it is no longer under consideration. There is no need to send updates or further information unless specifically requested."

now i'm too scared to send it :/

I sent an update like a month ago because on their admissions site it specifically says you can send them....but still response from a month ago so who knows

Hmmm, I sent a letter about a month ago but I never received a response, should I resend it? I did send it to a specific member of the admissions team, I hope they didnt quit... lol

Hm! I sent it to the general admissions email. You could always resend it to that email and just say that you're sending it a second time to ensure they rec'd it. Good luck!!

Hey! I wanted to send them an update/LOI as well but then i saw this in their 'secondary application received' email:

"Your application will be under consideration until we invite you for an interview or inform you that it is no longer under consideration. There is no need to send updates or further information unless specifically requested."

now i'm too scared to send it :/

I was scared to as well for that very reason in the email, but their website does say they accept updates, so I just made sure to make my letter of interest a mix of updates/why I would be a good fit for their program. I really really really want to interview here so I was willing to go out on a limb haha good luck!

Flights here are insanely expensive...

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted via email just now! Interviewed on 11/10. Incredible!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Flights here are insanely expensive...
Hey you could try Manchester in NH or Plattsburgh in NY... you'd have to rent a car or take a bus or something but they often have better deals, I often fly out of Manchester when I'm going out west cuz they have Southwest!

giphy.gif

Vermont, please send the rest of us some love.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys! I'm trying to reserve my seat in the class. I made an account with the UVM portal and clicked on the "Admitted Student Information Form" like asked. The only thing this form asked however is for my SSN. Is that supposed to be it? After I entered it all it said was data saved.. From this point on do I just have to wait the 48 hours? Thanks!!!

II earlier today!

For everyone wondering about updates I sent a big one maybe a month ago with no confirmation but I assume it helped maybe? IDK

Reactions: 3 users
Just received my II today for Feb 23!!! There is still hope people! I was complete mid Sept.

Reactions: 4 users
Just received a confirmation email that they received my update. Sent it a little bit ago. Thought it was an II for a second, but I should know better.

I received an II at 10am - I'm literally in shock, this is my first II! I was complete mid-August

Reactions: 13 users
Could any of the ladies on this thread give advice on an outfit for the interview? Did you see a lot of pant suits vs suits with skirts, heels vs flats, what type of bags, etc? I really appreciate it, thanks!!!

Sorry if this is a stupid question as this will be my first mmi, but when you're given the question do you have access to the question when you're giving your response or do you onky get to look at it in the first few min you have?

Sorry if this is a stupid question as this will be my first mmi, but when you're given the question do you have access to the question when you're giving your response or do you onky get to look at it in the first few min you have?
At UVM, the question is in the room for you to reference, at some schools it is not in the room.

Could any of the ladies on this thread give advice on an outfit for the interview? Did you see a lot of pant suits vs suits with skirts, heels vs flats, what type of bags, etc? I really appreciate it, thanks!!!

All mix of pants vs. skirts. Same with shoes. I'd say wear whatever is most comfortable for you. There wasn't a lot of walking so if you have a pair of heels already broken in, you'd be totally fine. I wore flats though because it's more comfy. =) I don't think you really need a bag to carry things around (they have storage if you are bringing a travel bag/suitcase) but I brought a small cross-body bag and maybe a few other people had one? Didn't notice a lot of bags.

All mix of pants vs. skirts. Same with shoes. I'd say wear whatever is most comfortable for you. There wasn't a lot of walking so if you have a pair of heels already broken in, you'd be totally fine. I wore flats though because it's more comfy. =) I don't think you really need a bag to carry things around (they have storage if you are bringing a travel bag/suitcase) but I brought a small cross-body bag and maybe a few other people had one? Didn't notice a lot of bags.
Thank you!!

Woo Closer Look Day is officially April 16th! My family wants to come up to Burlington with me to see the school and the city. Are families invited to this event or is it more for just the accepted students?

Anybody else send in an update a long time ago and just get a response? I'm hoping it means they're reviewing my file again or something but it's so late in the interview season I don't want to give myself false hope.

Anybody else send in an update a long time ago and just get a response? I'm hoping it means they're reviewing my file again or something but it's so late in the interview season I don't want to give myself false hope.
How long ago? I sent in early/mid January and havent gotten a response.

How long ago? I sent in early/mid January and havent gotten a response.

I sent one around then too with no response but go II Tuesday so I assume they prob looked at it or received it

Woo Closer Look Day is officially April 16th! My family wants to come up to Burlington with me to see the school and the city. Are families invited to this event or is it more for just the accepted students?
Looks like families are welcome too, if you go to the RSVP page it asks if you will be bringing anyone else!

I have noticed that they seem to end interviewing at the end of this month. Anyone know if that is the case this year?

does anyone know how much weight the mmi holds in terms of your overall acceptance/WL/reject? I feel as though it would count a lot since its standardized and everyone can be compared to each other, but do all the other aspects of your app still get considered post-interview or is it solely the MMI score?

does anyone know how much weight the mmi holds in terms of your overall acceptance/WL/reject? I feel as though it would count a lot since its standardized and everyone can be compared to each other, but do all the other aspects of your app still get considered post-interview or is it solely the MMI score?
I don't remember if they said anything specifically, but I believe it is well known across sdn that schools do a holistic evaluation post-interview. I.e it's not good interview=acceptance (although that certainly helps). For what it's worth, I thought my MMI and team building exercise both went well and was accepted. My stats were right at the median for both MCAT and GPA. Rooting for you dude!

Accepted just now! Interviewed 11/10

Reactions: 4 users
Interviews 1-10. Accepted via email

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected Post II. Interviewed 12/8. Pretty disappointed

Last edited: