2017-2018 University of Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are they behind/sending IIs still?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted this afternoon, interview 11/10 :)

Reactions: 2 users
Could any of the ladies on this thread give advice on an outfit for the interview? Did you see a lot of pant suits vs suits with skirts, heels vs flats, what type of bags, etc? I really appreciate it, thanks!!!

I have worn a dress and blazer with heels to every interview. Most girls have been wearing pant suits so I think I kind of stood out a bit. It will literally be a room of black and gray (both male and females) when you walk in so it never hurts to go with a little something different in my opinion. Also heels just seem a bit more professional to me but just a matter of taste. I carry a leather bag with notepad, pen, room to put pamphlets and folders away, etc. But there are plenty of people who go in with just a portfolio.

Reactions: 1 user
Just found out that they are done with interviews. It's been nice knowing you all. Good luck to everyone.

Reactions: 2 users
Just found out that they are done with interviews. It's been nice knowing you all. Good luck to everyone.
Pretty sure CASPer royally screwed me at this school. Oh well. I thought I perfectly fit their mission with the whole LGBT thing.

I last night I got a response to the update I sent a month ago lol

Does anyone know if there is an accepted students page on facebook?

I might just be missing the obvious but how do you accept the acceptance...?:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
I might just be missing the obvious but how do you accept the acceptance...?:confused:
I replied to the acceptance email stating that I accept the acceptance. Then I got the follow up email regarding how to set up the student portal to pay the deposit.

I replied to the acceptance email stating that I accept the acceptance. Then I got the follow up email regarding how to set up the student portal to pay the deposit.
Thanks! I did respond to the email Weds night but haven't heard anything and it's starting to make me nervous. I'll call Monday to follow up.

Thanks! I did respond to the email Weds night but haven't heard anything and it's starting to make me nervous. I'll call Monday to follow up.
Same. I responded within minutes of receiving the email on Weds, but haven't heard anything since then.

Same. I responded within minutes of receiving the email on Weds, but haven't heard anything since then.
This twitch in my eye from interview season is making me seem reeeeeeal friendly after the past couple weeks of the decisions circus ;):yeahright:

Hey yall, does anyone known if UVM has already sent out merit aid/scholarship offers? Or if not, when this might be happening?
thx

Also re accepting the acceptance, they seem to be a bit slow in responding to emails. I got a response about a month later.

Hey yall, does anyone known if UVM has already sent out merit aid/scholarship offers? Or if not, when this might be happening?
thx

Also re accepting the acceptance, they seem to be a bit slow in responding to emails. I got a response about a month later.
So you emailed them that you accepted the offer and they didn't get back to you for a month?

Did anybody else notice that their site use to say interviews ended in feb and now it says end of march?

Did anybody else notice that their site use to say interviews ended in feb and now it says end of march?
I heard they were really behind this year and extended their interview season. Rumor? Truth? Idk

Just checked it was about 3 weeks. So if you don't hear back right away don't worry!

So we only need to respond to the email in two weeks? The deposit can be paid later?

I'm in the same boat. I accepted the offer via email last Wednesday and have yet to receive any instructions for paying the deposit.

So we only need to respond to the email in two weeks? The deposit can be paid later?

I'm in the same boat. I accepted the offer via email last Wednesday and have yet to receive any instructions for paying the deposit.

I was accepted earlier before they had figured out the deposit system so my situation was different... But still I would assume that if they haven't sent you the deposit instructions you should be ok not having submitted the deposit :)

Anyone else's ID not yet made? Submitted the forms like 2 weeks ago...

I heard they were really behind this year and extended their interview season. Rumor? Truth? Idk

they said on friday it was their last interview day for the season- I think they're behind in terms of responding to updates, admissions decisions etc.

they said on friday it was their last interview day for the season- I think they're behind in terms of responding to updates, admissions decisions etc.
why would they take 2 months to process my update the week interviews are over :(

it was a good update....

I received the deposit instructions email same day I received the acceptance email (about 30 minutes apart). I received a response the following day acknowledging my acceptance of their acceptance, if that makes sense.

It took about 10 days afterwards for the link to show up to pay the deposit and for the student ID to be assigned, etc.

It sounds like it might not be this way for everyone though...

why would they take 2 months to process my update the week interviews are over :(

it was a good update....
It says on their site "close of interview season: March 31st"

Waitlisted post-II. Interviewed 1/10. I thought my mmi interview went awful, so it beats a rejection

I received the deposit instructions email same day I received the acceptance email (about 30 minutes apart). I received a response the following day acknowledging my acceptance of their acceptance, if that makes sense.

It took about 10 days afterwards for the link to show up to pay the deposit and for the student ID to be assigned, etc.

It sounds like it might not be this way for everyone though...

I got the deposit instructions today! Good to know that it might take a while for a student ID. Thanks for the heads up.

Waitlisted post-II. Interviewed 1/10. I thought my mmi interview went awful, so it beats a rejection
Waitlisted here too, I thought the MMI went reasonably well so this is a bummer. What is the typical protocol here for waitlists?

Rejected Post II. Interviewed 1/10. Pretty upset about this as UVM was my first choice, but I'm grateful to have an acceptance already. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting!

Waitlisted here too, I thought the MMI went reasonably well so this is a bummer. What is the typical protocol here for waitlists?
waitlisted also, really want to know how that works here as well.... fell in love with Burlington and UVM so fingers crossed that there is hope

For any other waitlisters still hoping for a seat, here were the stats from last year's entering class:
5827 Applications
617 Interviewed
266 Accepted
119 Enrolled
I am assuming the 266 accepted number includes waitlisted students, and since people were enrolled off the waitlist last year according to that thread, I would say there is still hope!

For any other waitlisters still hoping for a seat, here were the stats from last year's entering class:
5827 Applications
617 Interviewed
266 Accepted
119 Enrolled
I am assuming the 266 accepted number includes waitlisted students, and since people were enrolled off the waitlist last year according to that thread, I would say there is still hope!

Do you know if they waitlist everyone after a certain date or if you have same chances of accept at the last few interview dates? It seems from old threads everyone near the end gets waitlisted.

They told my group we'd hear mid to late April which is close to April 30th

Do you know if they waitlist everyone after a certain date or if you have same chances of accept at the last few interview dates? It seems from old threads everyone near the end gets waitlisted.

They told my group we'd hear mid to late April which is close to April 30th

Unfortunately, I don't know about the chances of waitlist vs acceptance once they get to the last few interview dates, but it seems from old threads that they have a lot of movement closer to the end of April anyway so that might work in your favor.

Does anyone know what the clinical grading is like? MSAR lists the grading here as P/F, but says nothing about pre-clinical vs. clinical.

This page of their handbook, says clerkship grades are just H/P/F or Incomplete, but I have also found that some things in their handbook are outdated, as the curriculum is changing so quickly.

Preclinical is pass/fail while clinical years are honors/pass/fail.

Did anyone from 2/9 group find out a timeline when we should be hearing decisions?

Does anyone know if they're still interviewing/sending ii?

Holy crap got offered the UVM scholarship!!!! I'm shaking!!! They're so generous omg!! I wasn't expecting this, this was already one of my favorites from my acceptances!

I didn't even know this school gave out scholarships!

Reactions: 4 users
Just woke up to the UVM scholarship! I cannot believe the generosity, i’m utterly in awe. Was already 90% leaning towards this school and now i’m locked in!

Reactions: 4 users
Also received an amazing scholarship this morning. Can't wait to see you all at second look weekend!

Reactions: 3 users
Received a generous scholarship as well :) super stoked for closer look day!