2017-2018 University of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mine took about a week. My mailing address is in California.

As is mine! I'm assuming they want you to send a deposit check in. Did they give any deadline to accept their offer?

Members don't see this ad :)
As is mine! I'm assuming they want you to send a deposit check in. Did they give any deadline to accept their offer?
No deposit is required. But you do have to send a reply within 3 weeks from the date it was sent!

Hi all
I received an II last Friday (OOS LM ~68)
I was wondering if anyone knows if the interview is open or closed file?
Also, any advice on how to dress for the cold weather?

Reactions: 1 user
haha thank you! I submitted my secondary on 7/30. I also have weak ties to the state

Hi all
I received an II last Friday (OOS LM ~68)
I was wondering if anyone knows if the interview is open or closed file?
Also, any advice on how to dress for the cold weather?

Congrats! The faculty interview is open-file, with the omission of your MCAT score, GPA, and classes. The group interview is closed-file.
I would definitely bring a jacket and some mittens. Wisconsin has had an unusually warm November, but the weather can go from mid-sixties to freezing overnight here. You won't have to go outside at all to get to your interviews, so as long as you can get to the med school comfortably you should be fine.

Congrats! The faculty interview is open-file, with the omission of your MCAT score, GPA, and classes. The group interview is closed-file.
I would definitely bring a jacket and some mittens. Wisconsin has had an unusually warm November, but the weather can go from mid-sixties to freezing overnight here. You won't have to go outside at all to get to your interviews, so as long as you can get to the med school comfortably you should be fine.

Thanks a lot! Much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

It looks like most acceptance calls have been going out the Thursday, Friday, or Monday of the 4 week mark. Is it pretty safe to assume either a WL or R (via letter) if you don't hear by that Monday?

~5.5 weeks here from interview, no letter yet. Called but no answer. I mean, it's probably WL/R, but still

Nah, holidays messed up the rhythm. Last person to post acceptance heard back on 11/20 after interviewing 10/20. That was last week. If they started 10/20 decisions last week, they're most likely catching up after the holidays.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nah, holidays messed up the rhythm. Last person to post acceptance heard back on 11/20 after interviewing 10/20. That was last week. If they started 10/20 decisions last week, they're most likely catching up after the holidays.
Makes sense. Really, they don't have to worry about last Friday (November 24th) though so it SHOULD be easy to catch up... who knows.

Accepted today via phone call! So pumped because this has been my dream school since I was 10!!!
Interviewed 10/20, IS, LM~74, etc etc etc

Reactions: 3 users
List of UWSMPH interview dates for reference... ~Source- forwarded screen shot from friend's post-II survey~
Fri, Sep. 22*
Fri, Sep. 29*
Fri, Oct. 6
Fri, Oct. 13*
Fri, Oct. 20*
Mon, Oct. 23
Fri, Oct. 27
Fri, Nov. 3
Fri. Nov. 10*
Fri, Nov. 17
Tues, Nov. 21
Fri, Dec. 1
Fri, Dec. 8
Fri, Jan. 5
Fri, Jan. 12
Fri, Jan. 19
Fri, Feb. 2
Fri, Feb. 9
Fri, Feb. 23

EDIT: *II dates with acceptances reported to SDN on this thread

Any good news today?

Reactions: 1 users
Nada. Had a dream I was accepted though does that count

rejected pre-II. Stats: GPA 3.96, MCAT 515, OOS with ties to Wisconsin, complete early June

rejected pre-II. Stats: GPA 3.96, MCAT 515, OOS with ties to Wisconsin, complete early June

Reading your post while reminding myself of my OOS II with LM 64 gives me the feeling UW Madison is one of the few schools who actually read the entire application.

Edit: No ties to Wisconsin whatsoever. Never been to the Midwest.

Reactions: 4 users
Reading your post while reminding myself of my OOS II with LM 64 gives me the feeling UW Madison is one of the few schools who actually read the entire application.

Agreed. I honestly feel this is one of the few schools that is holistic.

What do you think did the trick for them?

I got a phone call today and received a scholarship! They said that scholarship information would be sent via snail mail.

Reactions: 8 users
What do you think did the trick for them?

It was probably my non-trad path to medicine and non-trad upbringing. I can't pinpoint anything specifically. The faculty interviewer noted how my primary app was broad and all over the place since I took time to explore a lot of different options during and after undergrad. Besides that, I unintentionally jumped from bench research to clinical/public health research after graduating. I'm sure they noticed that. And despite my below average MCAT/GPA, my CARS score was ~87th percentile, so if they did examine it holistically they would have noted that a couple subsection scores were competitive.

You're probably at the point where a call to admissions would not be unacceptable. Hope you hear soon!

Thanks! I called the admissions office this morning and she told me I'm up for review this weekend!

It was probably my non-trad path to medicine and non-trad upbringing. I can't pinpoint anything specifically. The faculty interviewer noted how my primary app was broad and all over the place since I took time to explore a lot of different options during and after undergrad. Besides that, I unintentionally jumped from bench research to clinical/public health research after graduating. I'm sure they noticed that. And despite my below average MCAT/GPA, my CARS score was ~87th percentile, so if they did examine it holistically they would have noted that a couple subsection scores were competitive.
This is great, thanks! You sound interesting, like you could hold a conversation with anyone. Also if you've explored a lot of things before settling on medicine, then you've gotten to know yourself well, which is always a plus before committing to something as intense as med school. I selfishly like the part about the high CARS score the most though. :)

Thanks! I called the admissions office this morning and she told me I'm up for review this weekend!

Did they say if the committee was behind schedule or give you any additional information? Just curious because I interviewed the week after you.

Accepted earlier this morning (Interviewed 11/3)! IS and LM of about 71.5. Really excited to have a chance to attend this great institution!

Reactions: 4 users
Did they say if the committee was behind schedule or give you any additional information? Just curious because I interviewed the week after you.

No, I should've asked for more info but I got nervous and said "Thank You, bye." I wonder if they have a separate committee for OOS vs IS.

Accepted earlier this morning (Interviewed 11/3)! IS and LM of about 71.5. Really excited to have a chance to attend this great institution!
congrats, I interviewed that day too and now I'm freaking! was this the MD program?

Accepted to WARM! Interviewed 11/17

Reactions: 7 users
Does the same admissions committee review WARM applicants?

Got the call yesterday at work! Accepted to WARM! Interviewed 11/10

Reactions: 3 users