2017-2018 University of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Any other 11/03 interviewers hear back yet (besides @Sssea )?? If you feel more comfortable, PM me!

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected today, LM~69, OOS nontrad, complete late Sep.
Good luck everyone!

Thanks! I called the admissions office this morning and she told me I'm up for review this weekend!
I'm guessing if they are reviewing today/ tomorrow, that would mean calls go out on Monday morning??

Members don't see this ad :)
Does this school do pass/fail?
Their grading system is pass/fail, however, they still rank internally. The student I talked to said they are placed within quintiles, which influences the dean's letter. She didn't seem 100% confident on that though.

I just got the acceptance phone call!! So happy and relieved. I loved Madison.

Interviewed 11/3, OOS

I just got the acceptance phone call!! So happy and relieved. I loved Madison.

Interviewed 11/3, OOS
Is that to the regular program or the WARM program?

Does the same admissions committee review WARM applicants?
WARM has a separate committee. If you are rejected or alternate list for WARM, you are then processed through the regular committee who first decides if they would interview you, and then reads your interview file from your interview day if that is a yes. I interviewed for WARM 9/29, am an alternate, and am supposed to hear from regular this week or next. It's a long-ass process.

II today! So excited!! Anyone have any advice for interview day?

Does this school do pass/fail?

Current M1 here. We do pass/fail. From what I understand we have two different sets of grades. One grade is what is used for whether we pass/fail a class and includes only our midterms and final exam (plus you have to pass the OSCE and professional obligations). Then we have a different grade that is used for our rank and includes the same stuff but also quizzes and maybe some other stuff. The pass/fail line kinda depends on the normal distribution of the class.

When did you go interview? Seems like turn around time is 4 weeks
If you are accepted to WARM straight away it is typically 4 weeks. If not, they will re-review you during multiple meetings and it's more like 8 weeks. I am an alternate and finally called after like 6-7 weeks and was told that. Someone I know who interviewed 10/6 was still 'being considered' until a few days before thanksgiving, then was told they are an alternate. I have still never got anything in the mail from WARM and i interviewed 9/29, so don't necessarily be surprised if nothing seems to come..

Reactions: 1 user
Current M1 here. We do pass/fail. From what I understand we have two different sets of grades. One grade is what is used for whether we pass/fail a class and includes only our midterms and final exam (plus you have to pass the OSCE and professional obligations). Then we have a different grade that is used for our rank and includes the same stuff but also quizzes and maybe some other stuff. The pass/fail line kinda depends on the normal distribution of the class.

Since you are student there, which would you say are the school’s strongest departments?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

If you are accepted to WARM straight away it is typically 4 weeks. If not, they will re-review you during multiple meetings and it's more like 8 weeks. I am an alternate and finally called after like 6-7 weeks and was told that. Someone I know who interviewed 10/6 was still 'being considered' until a few days before thanksgiving, then was told they are an alternate. I have still never got anything in the mail from WARM and i interviewed 9/29, so don't necessarily be surprised if nothing seems to come..
+1
They didn't actually notify me of a decision, you have to call for yourself

Interviewed on 12/1. It seems like I will be waiting quite awhile for my decision.

Not sure if this question has been asked yet, but can the stats requirement be fulfilled through a calc class or statistical thermodynamics? Does it need to be a basic stats course?

Not sure if this question has been asked yet, but can the stats requirement be fulfilled through a calc class or statistical thermodynamics? Does it need to be a basic stats course?
This is directly from their website :

"A basic course in statistics or the equivalent is required. The requirement may be satisfied through a wide variety of courses that include statistics topics and/or experiences that include implementation of statistics by the applicant. Such courses and experiences must be documented and submitted to the MD Admissions Office for approval."

Waitlisted. Interviewed 11/10, I called bc I hadn’t gotten the mail yet but I was reviewed on the 19th.

Any idea what waitlist movement is like? OOS

Waitlisted. Interviewed 11/10, I called bc I hadn’t gotten the mail yet but I was reviewed on the 19th.

How did you feel the interview went if you don’t mind me asking? I heard OOS it could vary but it’s not great usually :/

How did you feel the interview went if you don’t mind me asking? I heard OOS it could vary but it’s not great usually :/

Seemed fine to me, but I would say I am a pretty laid back person. It was pretty conversational, I was only asked two questions

Reviewed December 19th? Or way back on November 19th? I'm assuming December but just want to check...

Waitlist is still better than a rejection. Good luck to you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

December lol, she might have said 16th I forgot.

So the new ForWard curriculum is integrative right? It's not the traditional 2+2 model?

How did you find out that you had been reviewed?

What's the latest someone interviewed and heard back? I saw some 11/17 people asking, have any of you guys heard back yet?

Not liking that the 11/10 people were still being reviewed in mid-Dec...

Reviewed December 19th? Or way back on November 19th? I'm assuming December but just want to check...

Waitlist is still better than a rejection. Good luck to you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Waitlisted by mail. Any idea on the acceptance rate from the waitlist?

Waitlisted by mail. Any idea on the acceptance rate from the waitlist?

When did you interview? The acceptance rate from the waitlist will vary year to year. I had a friend pulled off of the waitlist a couple of days ago.

When did you interview? The acceptance rate from the waitlist will vary year to year. I had a friend pulled off of the waitlist a couple of days ago.
11/10. When did your friend interview?

I interviewed regular MD on 11/21. Called the admissions office on 12/22 since the interview packet says to call if you don't hear anything after 4 weeks. I got a call back on 12/28 as I'm guessing the offices were closed for holiday. The person I spoke to said there has been a lot of delay between Thanksgiving and winter breaks, and that my file hadn't been presented to the committee yet. She said I should expect to hear back around the 3rd or 4th week of January. So it sounds like they're a bit behind on their typical 4-week turnaround, which is understandable this time of year. The person I spoke with was super nice, and it was very relieving to know all the waiting is just because I haven't been reviewed yet.

Reactions: 2 users