2017-2018 Virginia Commonwealth University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah but hes the MD-PHD guy, his stuff might work different than ours
I can't tell if I want to kiss you for this information or smack u for giving me hope :bang:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
It appears like the one person who got tabs was already expecting them since they got accepted into the MD-PHD program last week (Congrats btw!). Maybe the regular acceptances will be coming out later today???
That's what I was gonna say! MD-PhD admission decisions are rendered through a slightly different process than the MD-only decisions. So it's quite plausible that my particular experience isn't representative of everyone still waiting to hear back.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Also watching the thread and no tabs! Seems unlikely everyone would be passed over....

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
fml no tabs still, what a day...

Reactions: 1 user
Can confirm, i will be passed over. Interviewed in Sept and hold status since despite update lol...expecting very little

i can't believe what im seeing...interviewed in September...I HAVE TABS!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
2 more minutes before all this speculation is final

r u 4real

edit: lol wait congrats that really is awesome! :)

i wasn't expecting anything after being passed up 3 times...i hope this is for real brb crying this is my first acceptance
just a quick shout-out to all of u on this thread for being so supportive to everyoone i genuinely wish the best for all of you
good things come to those who wait lol take it from someone who waited 6 months from VCU T_T

Reactions: 8 users
Seems odd only 2 people have gotten tabs, anyone else have them?

alright 6pm EST, nothing, it was nice knowing you all haha

Idk if this is helpful at all, but when I was offered an interview at VCU, I got an email at 4am EST saying my portal had been updated. It's possible that the same could happen with the final admissions decision.

Why are we saying it's over at 6pm? I know Feb. 16th group got tabs staggered from 11am-6pm, but since we didn't start seeing tabs until 4pm, isn't it possible that they could continue to come out? Is anyone certain that they end at 6pm?

Why are we saying it's over at 6pm? I know Feb. 16th group got tabs staggered from 11am-6pm, but since we didn't start seeing tabs until 4pm, isn't it possible that they could continue to come out? Is anyone certain that they end at 6pm?

Exactly! Plus, Match Day was today so maybe they were super busy with that? (I'm literally trying to find any reason to hold on, but still)

Idk if this is helpful at all, but when I was offered an interview at VCU, I got an email at 4am EST saying my portal had been updated. It's possible that the same could happen with the final admissions decision.

True, but the tabs on people's portals appeared way earlier than the portal update email ppl received the following early morning.

Reactions: 1 users
Omg.... I HAVE TABS!!!! Finally, my first acceptance after being handed a bunch of waitlists! Interviewed mid-Feb. Applied MD only

Reactions: 9 users
Calling T.O.D. 3:12 Pacific Time

a small part of me still is still alive and hoping that i will see something different tomorrow morning... i think on one of the acceptance days last year some people didn't see anything until early the next AM

Reactions: 3 users
No tabs either, but really happy for those of you who got their first acceptance from here!!

Reactions: 3 users
Still only 3 people with tabs?
Hard to believe that out of all the people that were accepted this round, only 3 use SDN. Each of the other rounds saw much more people being accepted.

Welp I'ma start praying to all the gods that I'll at least end up waitlisted. Anyone know if there's a lot of people rejected post II or are we all just put on the WL

Question... how does financial aid work if you are on waitlists? When is the deadline to apply for it and do you just apply even if you have yet to get an acceptance?

Hard to believe that out of all the people that were accepted this round, only 3 use SDN. Each of the other rounds saw much more people being accepted.
I counted 5 from February 16th. And supposedly less people were being accepted today than the earlier rounds. So maybe that really is it. Gonna check once more in the morning, but I'm guessing acceptances went out and we've just got to wait for the waitlist now. Rough day to say the least.

Getting post interview waitlists/rejections one school after another is so demoralizing. Sighs...

So sick of this school. Waiting 4 months after the interview to get a waitlist is disgusting. It would have been worse if I hadn't been accepted to an equally ranked program before I even interviewed here. Oh well

I really loved the school and the people so I’d really love to be on the waitlist

Anyone know how many are accepted to the waitlist? I’ve been checking threads from the last couple years but they all supposedly had a larger interview group (~900). Since only around ~650 of us interviewed would it still be around the 100 like it says on msar

Anyone know how many are accepted to the waitlist? I’ve been checking threads from the last couple years but they all supposedly had a larger interview group (~900). Since only around ~650 of us interviewed would it still be around the 100 like it says on msar

depends if you're OOS or IS, there's more movement for OOS people on the waitlist

i feel like in theory, march 16 shouldn't have fewer acceptances than the other date. i believe dean mission or the VCU website confirmed that roughly 25% of admission offers are made on each date unless something changed... also MSAR says 75/100 were taken from the waitlist last year which is consistent with what dean cook and baker said on interview day about a lot of people coming off the waitlist

i have a feeling 4am might be a lucky time for some more people ;) or at least i'm hoping so!

Reactions: 5 users
I reached out to two of my friends who are current MS1's and they said they got in a few days after traffic day, and followed up with not to give up hope! :cat:

i feel like in theory, march 16 shouldn't have fewer acceptances than the other date. i believe dean mission or the VCU website confirmed that roughly 25% of admission offers are made on each date unless something changed... also MSAR says 75/100 were taken from the waitlist last year which is consistent with what dean cook and baker said on interview day about a lot of people coming off the waitlist

i have a feeling 4am might be a lucky time for some more people ;) or at least i'm hoping so!
You’re right there should be an equal number of acceptances according to dean mission. I guess most of the people accepted aren’t on here. After reading through a few years worth of threads it sounds like the list is greater than 100. It could be 100 for IS and 100 for OOS

Hoping you’re right about that

You’re right there should be an equal number of acceptances according to dean mission. I guess most of the people accepted aren’t on here. After reading through a few years worth of threads it sounds like the list is greater than 100. It could be 100 for IS and 100 for OOS

Hoping you’re right about that

I hope we all get in. Y'all seem like great fun people. Would love to be your classmate :)

Reactions: 5 users
Honestly speaking, the VCU thread has been the most active compared to the others that I follow. Everyone also seems super chill and supportive, which is rare in the competitive pre-med world. Hoping we all get in as well, but regardless of where we all end up, I know everyone here will become a great physician one day.

Cheers and good luck everyone!

Reactions: 6 users
No tab squad. Here's to hoping for the waitlist.

Reactions: 8 users
i hope that no matter what happens, even if it's not what we wanted/expected, we end up happy with where VCU's decision leads us in our journey to medicine. :)

Reactions: 7 users