2018-2019 Charles R Drew/UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the call. Interview invite is official!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I worked hard on this secondary and I hope I get called here for an interview!

Has anyone that got an interview call not gotten a confirmation email?

Reactions: 1 user
Hello you guys,

I submitted my secondary application on 10/3 and sent my payment 10/7. I still did not get a confirmation email for my payment. I keep emailing them every week for updates, but they don't respond. They also don't respond to phone calls. Any advice? This is a dream program for me.

Hello you guys,

I submitted my secondary application on 10/3 and sent my payment 10/7. I still did not get a confirmation email for my payment. I keep emailing them every week for updates, but they don't respond. They also don't respond to phone calls. Any advice? This is a dream program for me.
Did you track your payment? I think you should have also received a complete email by now. I submitted on 10/05 and sent my payment same day or 10/06 (Don't quite remember) and I received a complete email about 15+ days after. I mean if they are not picking up or replying to your email there's really nothing you can do but wait.

Oh have anyone who submitted 10/5 and beyond received II? I worked sooo hard on that secondary hence why I submitted late and I really hope that I get an II. Charles Drew don't shatter my heart to pieces pls:nailbiting:

I hope we all receive good news this week. From reading the thread, I know that most of us dream of going to Charles R. Drew. Which means that we share the same/similar passion! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone else not yet received a secondary? I feel like this is a rejection but I have not heard anything at all... do they do silent rejections?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else not yet received a secondary? I feel like this is a rejection but I have not heard anything at all... do they do silent rejections?
I dont know how many they send out but when I called them about a secondary, the lady I spoke to said that I will not be getting a secondary this cycle. Am just sad that they couldn't just tell me so am not torturing myself waiting :(

Worth calling to find out?

anyone verified mid august and not receive a secondary yet? i would really love to atleast get a secondary here

Well I know they screen to see if your a fit for their mission, but im referring to stats

I doubt they screen based on stats alone because I have a 503 MCAT and a 3.58 GPA & received a secondary

Interview invite just now! Literally so crazy

Reactions: 4 users
I doubt they screen based on stats alone because I have a 503 MCAT and a 3.58 GPA & received a secondary
Word. I have a higher mcat but lower GPA, we'll see I suppose!

Reactions: 1 users
I’m starting to worry....should I email them to ask about a secondary?

Calling may be more efficient. Someone else on this thread called and they were able to provide feedback on their application

II today as well! Secondary received 10/18, submitted 10/19, got the complete email 10/24.

II yesterday! Seems like they are wrapping up with invites

II yesterday!! Wow im amped! OOS, complete email 10/3. Anyone know how long the interview day runs?

how long does it take to get the interview confirmation email?

I was told I would get mine after the phone call. It has been two weeks and I haven't received anything yet. I think they sent out the confirmation email when you are close to your interview date.

I only said that because I’m interviewing on the last day left so they must not have too much more

Did they say that it was the last interview date? A lot of schools open up new interview dates as time goes on because they have to get availability of faculty, students, & staff. When I got an II at another school, I only received two dates available and then a month later other people received dates for that respective month.

Did they say that it was the last interview date? A lot of schools open up new interview dates as time goes on because they have to get availability of faculty, students, & staff. When I got an II at another school, I only received two dates available and then a month later other people received dates for that respective month.
I’m interviewing late January and was told that was the last date but honestly who knows! More dates probably will open up