2018-2019 Charles R Drew/UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are the majority of interviewers URM?

Members don't see this ad.

Man I just want a secondary

Reactions: 8 users
Did everyone who received a secondary submit their application via email? I submitted my app two weeks ago and haven’t heard from them...

Members don't see this ad :)
Did everyone who received a secondary submit their application via email? I submitted my app two weeks ago and haven’t heard from them...
same. Sent mine almost 2 weeks ago and haven't gotten any confirmation that they received the mailed money order or my secondary

Reactions: 1 user
same. Sent mine almost 2 weeks ago and haven't gotten any confirmation that they received the mailed money order or my secondary
I would follow up on that after the two weeks pass. I got the complete email in about 10 days.

Secondary received today! Verified 06/04 so I was kinda afraid I got passed up haha.

Reactions: 2 users
For people who chose the interview date this weekend are they doing a Friday social before the interview?

Should I call because I have received 0 emails from them? My primary was verified 8/10. URM Lizzy 61

Members don't see this ad :)
Should I call because I have received 0 emails from them? My primary was verified 8/10. URM Lizzy 61

I’d say probably not, and to just be patient. I was verified 06/04 but didn’t receive a secondary ‘til a couple days ago. I know the wait sucks, but the school/staff are very small so it’s likely they’re still sifting through apps.

Reactions: 1 users
I’d say probably not, and to just be patient. I was verified 06/04 but didn’t receive a secondary ‘til a couple days ago. I know the wait sucks, but the school/staff are very small so it’s likely they’re still sifting through apps.

Okay thank you!

Yeah, I thought so too, so I emailed them again and tried calling them but no one picked up so I left a message. Still nothing!
Keep in mind that they are very busy but at least you can also have peace of mind knowing that they received your payment so I'm totally with you on that one. I would wait another week before contacting them again.

I'm still editing this biz. Tough questions, tough questions. But ultimately for the best. Too bad they do everything the old school way with e-mail and sending in a money order...yuck.

Any IIs? Complete emails? Submitted since early October but got no complete email.

Submitted my secondary and payment 2 weeks ago and haven't received a complete email. Can I assume they have my payment and secondary?

Submitted my secondary and payment 2 weeks ago and haven't received a complete email. Can I assume they have my payment and secondary?

I'm considering calling them but don't want to sound impatient... but I really want to know if they received my app.

Just got the complete email. I emailed my secondary on 10/4, and they received my payment around 10/10

Reactions: 2 users
Submitted secondary 8 days ago with FAP waiver got complete email today.

Quick question about IIs. My phone fell into the toilet and a new one won't arrive until the day before Halloween. Do they also send emails about IIs? I'm asking because I just got a complete email today after submitting 6 days ago.

Should I just email them and let them know my phone is out of commission?

@smokes91

Quick question about IIs. My phone fell into the toilet and a new one won't arrive until the day before Halloween. Do they also send emails about IIs? I'm asking because I just got a complete email today after submitting 6 days ago.

Should I just email them and let them know my phone is out of commission?

@smokes91
Sorry about your phone :/ When I got the call, they said they would send a confirmation email with more instructions 1 week before the interview. Other than that, I only got a call and not an email. Not sure what others on this thread would do, but if I were you, I would email them about your phone and temporary update to your contact info.

Does anyone know how much secondary they send out and II?
I dont know how many they send out but when I called them about a secondary, the lady I spoke to said that I will not be getting a secondary this cycle. Am just sad that they couldn't just tell me so am not torturing myself waiting :(

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

I dont know how many they send out but when I called them about a secondary, the lady I spoke to said that I will not be getting a secondary this cycle. Am just sad that they couldn't just tell me so am not torturing myself waiting :(

Sorry to hear that. Did you call to ask for a status update on your application?

Sounds to me like they're finish (or almost done) sending our secondaries.

Did she mean that at this point they are no longer sending secondaries or did you ask specifically on your behalf?

sorry to hear that man. I wish you the best on the rest of the application cycle.

Oh no, sorry to hear that. Did she ask for your information to check or was it just something she blurted out?

What’s the number you called? Because I’ve been trying to reach them for the longest.

I called about my application specifically and I even gave her my aamc number. She was able to go in there and see exactly where things were in the review process. She also gave me some feedback as to why they were not moving forward with me. The number I called is 3235634978

Missed call from here earlier today. I think this means interview invite!! I'm in a different interview tomorrow so hoping I can reach them when its over!! If it is an interview, I am SO excited for this one

Reactions: 5 users
Missed call from here earlier today. I think this means interview invite!! I'm in a different interview tomorrow so hoping I can reach them when its over!! If it is an interview, I am SO excited for this one
Definitely an II, congrats!!

Who else got a call? I'm slowly losing my mind and have become so obsessed with my phone. I won't even miss a call from them

I'm sorry to hear this. Thank you for providing this information.

I decided to call and I got a voicemail saying that you have to email them in order to check your status. Decided to forego emailing them and to just keep waiting.

Do you know the email they want us to use?
I called and emailed them last week and got no response :/

Just to update others: I just got a secondary today (10/26), primary was sent on 8/4.

Reactions: 5 users
For those who already interviewed, were you offered a stay with a student host?

Has anyone received an interview invite this week?

I got a call yesterday. I’m assuming it was an II but I haven’t had a chance to talk to them yet

all ii's so far instate??
At my interview yes. We were invited to interview that week for some reason so I doubt they would invite someone from out of state with such short notice. It seemed like a spur of the moment decision more than anything else.

Completing the secondary and I am a little confused on what they need for question 7, which is the table that asks you to list the most significant community, public service, and leadership activities from the last 6 years. For the column "Hours/Week" are they asking for how many hours per week or the total number of hours and the number of weeks?

Example 1: 20 hours / week
Example 2: 20 hours / 4 total weeks

I maybe overthinking this....

Completing the secondary and I am a little confused on what they need for question 7, which is the table that asks you to list the most significant community, public service, and leadership activities from the last 6 years. For the column "Hours/Week" are they asking for how many hours per week or the total number of hours and the number of weeks?

Example 1: 20 hours / week
Example 2: 20 hours / 4 total weeks

I maybe overthinking this....

I did hours per week like 20 hours/week

I did hours per week like 20 hours/week

Same.

“/“ usually means “per” so I took it as 20/week. I doubt that would want you to calculate weeks work as they also ask for duration of employment.