2018-2019 Charles R Drew/UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone been able to contact the admissions office over the past few weeks?

Also, when is the December and January interview date?
There are no December dates and the January date is on the 26th

Members don't see this ad.

Haven't received a complete email and its been over 2 weeks since I have mailed in my check and sent in the secondary

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received today

1. Have you completed all of the prerequisites? YES NO

2. If not, list the specific prerequisite you are missing and your projected time for completion:

3. Have you experienced any uneven performance in grades and academic achievement? If so, please explain. (Response limited to 800 characters)

4. If you are currently not a full time student, please list and describe your current activities.

5. Describe the role you play in your immediate family. (Response limited to 800 characters)

6. Describe your community and socioeconomic environment. (Response limited to 800 characters)

7. List the most significant community, public service, and leadership activities you have been involved in over the last six years. (Response limited to 800 characters)

8.Describe how your experience, your community, and family background impact your understanding of the underserved communities. (Response limited to 800 characters)

9. Other than healthcare access, what are some of the most important health care issues confronting underserved communities? How would you address them? (Response limited to 800 characters)

10. Please describe how your experiences and personal attributes contribute to the mission of Charles R Drew University. (Response limited to 800 characters)

11. Have you ever been convicted of a crime other than a minor traffic or parking violation? If the answer is yes, please explain. (Response limited to 800 characters)

12. Please provide any additional information, which will give the Admissions Committee greater insight into you as an applicant. (Response limited to 800 characters)

13. How did you hear about our program? (Response limited to 800 characters)
What do they mean by uneven performance?

Secondary Application Received: Oct 26
Submitted: Nov 19
Call for Interview: Dec 4
Interview date: Mid Jan

Just a heads up for the homies still holding out. No complete email, no confirmation email, just a call today for an interview.

Reactions: 8 users
What do they mean by uneven performance?

This is in regards to your grade trends during your academic career that you feel could be partly attributed to by external factors.

This is in regards to your grade trends during your academic career that you feel could be partly attributed to by external factors.
Would i need to explain a C?

Secondary Application Received: Oct 26
Submitted: Nov 19
Call for Interview: Dec 4
Interview date: Mid Jan

Just a heads up for the homies still holding out. No complete email, no confirmation email, just a call today for an interview.

Thank you!! Same for me. I was kind of freaking out because I haven’t gotten an email confirmation and I was wondering if they made a mistake

Does anyone know the average stats for accepted students for this program?

anyone just not get any notification from them? like no secondary. i mean atleast send me a rejection email.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Should I be concerned if I haven't received a complete email? submitted 11/21

Hi all, I have a question. I received a secondary on 10/30, but did not submit it until 12/9 w/o realizing there was a deadline of 11/21. I know, I'm dumb... My question is if I should still submit my payment. I have tried contacting the admissions office and emailing, but no one has gotten back to me in a week. HELP.

Hi all, I have a question. I received a secondary on 10/30, but did not submit it until 12/9 w/o realizing there was a deadline of 11/21. I know, I'm dumb... My question is if I should still submit my payment. I have tried contacting the admissions office and emailing, but no one has gotten back to me in a week. HELP.
The admissions has generally been unresponsive so I wouldn't expect to hear back. Just send them an email explaining the situation and hope they overlook it. At this point, I don't think there's anything more you can do unfortunately.

For those that have interviewed, did they tell you approximately when we would hear back? They didn't mention it during my interview day. On last years thread, it looks like people began to hear toward the end of January/beginning of February.

For those that have interviewed, did they tell you approximately when we would hear back? They didn't mention it during my interview day. On last years thread, it looks like people began to hear toward the end of January/beginning of February.
They said late January at my interview.

Just got a secondary today...lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! When were you complete around? I still havent gotten a confirmation regarding my secondary submission/payment.

Do we know if it's standard to get a confirmation email? Starting to worry something went wrong with my payment or submission, the silence makes me uncomfortable lol

Congrats! When were you complete around? I still havent gotten a confirmation regarding my secondary submission/payment.
I didn’t get a confirmation. I didn’t get anything before the call.

Just got the call for an II!!! I am so overwhelmed with joy and grateful to even get a secondary muchless an interview!

Reactions: 4 users
II today. Never received complete email but submitted my secondary 10/31 and fedex confirmed the delivery of payment on 11/7.

OOS, GA Resident.

Thrilled!! Feeling very blessed and grateful.

I was early November. I hope we're on the late January timeline too.

Interviewed mid-Nov and was also told that people will start hearing back late January at the earliest but more likely in Feb

II today. Never received complete email but submitted my secondary 10/31 and fedex confirmed the delivery of payment on 11/7.

OOS, GA Resident.

Thrilled!! Feeling very blessed and grateful.
Congrats...What dates were available??

Has anyone seen their match list? I haven't been able to find it online

Received Secondary and submitted 10/24. I never heard back, no confirmation email or anything. I submitted it with my AMCAS fee waiver which is why I wanted to confirm if they received everything but they never got back to me even after I emailed and called. I'm going to take it as they're no longer interested in me.

Has anyone seen their match list? I haven't been able to find it online

I asked this earlier and never received a response. I just had to look at UCLA’s match list. I wish there was a way to differentiate between the programs.

I asked this earlier and never received a response. I just had to look at UCLA’s match list. I wish there was a way to differentiate between the programs.

They showed us a match list during a presentation (it was all listed on one Powerpoint slide, IIRC). It would be difficult to determine what a “good” match list consists of for this highly mission-driven program, since 1) it’s small 2) many students want to do primary care and 3) many students want to remain in the LA area. My host said that as far as she’s aware, everyone matched within their top 3 choices last year, though, with at least a couple in surgical specialties (Mayo and Stanford came to mind).

In general, match lists do not mean much, because students self-select which specialties they apply to. Additionally, it does not give you much information about what factors each individual student considered (e.g., favoring community vs. academic programs, geographic location, cost-of-living, family support)

What would be helpful to know is the % of students who match, as well as what another poster has said in terms of did a student get into their top 3?

Reactions: 3 users
As an aside: happy holidays all! I am a current student who is now on their master’s year. If you have any non-admissions- related questions, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Good luck all!

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone received a rejection email? My application was completed early October and I haven’t heard back from them. I don’t know if they will be sending out more interview invites. :(

is their interview season done? trying to gauge whether it is worth sending an update to this school.

Has anyone received a rejection email? My application was completed early October and I haven’t heard back from them. I don’t know if they will be sending out more interview invites. :(

i'm with you! wondering how many interview spots are left, if any

Is the interview traditional and MMI? Should we prepare to talk about US healthcare trends/issues or is the MMI more ethics, communication, teamwork, etc based?

Anyone know when we start hearing back? They said January but Imthinking it is probably the last week of January.
And do you know if its a call or email?