2018-2019 Charles R Drew/UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m interviewing late January and was told that was the last date but honestly who knows! More dates probably will open up

Are you sure that’s for drew? Last interview I saw given out was for November still....

Members don't see this ad.

Are you sure that’s for drew? Last interview I saw given out was for November still....
They had a few spots left for the November date but I personally couldn’t make that one so the only date left was late January

Reactions: 1 user
I’m interviewing late January and was told that was the last date but honestly who knows! More dates probably will open up

Oooh I see, yeah you’re peobably right. I mean it makes sense with a deadline of November for the secondary and screening for the primary. Wish you the best of luck on your interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oooh I see, yeah you’re peobably right. I mean it makes sense with a deadline of November for the secondary and screening for the primary. Wish you the best of luck on your interview!

What do you mean there is a deadline of November for the secondary? Do you think those who did not receive secondaries at this point are totally out of the game? When was the deadline to submit your secondary? November 1st or November 30th? Thank you!

The email I received with the secondary indicated that all application materials must be postmarked by November 21,2018.

What do you mean there is a deadline of November for the secondary? Do you think those who did not receive secondaries at this point are totally out of the game? When was the deadline to submit your secondary? November 1st or November 30th? Thank you!
e e

Anyone that's already interviewed have any tips or advice about the day? The confirmation said it was an MMI, but is there also a one-on-one interview?

Last day to interview is January

I highly highly doubt that! The last interview date as of now is January, meaning people who are currently receiving interviews are booked for January! But there will most definitely be an interview date in February and maybe even one in March. In previous years, Drew has had 5 interview dates (September, October, November, January, and February). They have only scheduled 3 as of now (October, November, January). The number of interviewees per interview date has not changed. It is unlikely that the number of interviewees over the whole application cycle will change.

As for those who did not receive secondaries yet, it is still possible to receive them this week or the next, but given that the deadline for submitting secondaries is November 21st, you need to understand that it is highly not probable. I haven't received a secondary myself, and I am super frustrated as this is was my dream school too. I have called the office of admission and was always sent straight to voicemail. I have emailed to ask about my application status at [email protected] two weeks ago, and have not received a response from them either.
I can only hope that I will get a secondary soon, as I have pre-written the secondaries a while ago and have had time to revise them time and time again to the point where I consider them to be perfect lol.

Primary verified end of august, OOS but residing in Los Angeles, URM, LizzyM low 60s. --- No other interviews, first time applicant, probably a reapplicant next year :(

Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
I highly highly doubt that! The last interview date as of now is January, meaning people who are currently receiving interviews are booked for January! But there will most definitely be an interview date in February and maybe even one in March. In previous years, Drew has had 5 interview dates (September, October, November, January, and February). They have only scheduled 3 as of now (October, November, January). The number of interviewees per interview date has not changed. It is unlikely that the number of interviewees over the whole application cycle will change.

As for those who did not receive secondaries yet, it is still possible to receive them this week or the next, but given that the deadline for submitting secondaries is November 21st, you need to understand that it is highly not probable. I haven't received a secondary myself, and I am super frustrated as this is was my dream school too. I have called the office of admission and was always sent straight to voicemail. I have emailed to ask about my application status at [email protected] two weeks ago, and have not received a response from them either.
I can only hope that I will get a secondary soon, as I have pre-written the secondaries a while ago and have had time to revise them time and time again to the point where I consider them to be perfect lol.

Primary verified end of august, OOS but residing in Los Angeles, URM, LizzyM low 60s. --- No other interviews, first time applicant, probably a reapplicant next year :(

There were two interview dates scheduled for November this past Saturday and upcoming Friday the 16th.

There were two interview dates scheduled for November this past Saturday and upcoming Friday the 16th.

:drowning: Drewwww, why don't you give me some looooove :drowning:

Well I guess no March inteviews but a February interview is likely imo

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I have heard it from one of the admissions counselors that they go until January. They also said they usually do one extra interview in february but they changed their mind last minute and did that first. Those were the first people who interviewed in October.
I highly highly doubt that! The last interview date as of now is January, meaning people who are currently receiving interviews are booked for January! But there will most definitely be an interview date in February and maybe even one in March. In previous years, Drew has had 5 interview dates (September, October, November, January, and February). They have only scheduled 3 as of now (October, November, January). The number of interviewees per interview date has not changed. It is unlikely that the number of interviewees over t whole application cycle will change.

st%2Csmall%2C215x235-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8.lite-1u2.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if there is a drew specific match list? Or should I reference the UCLA list?

This California wildfire tho:(. RIP to people who have lost their lives, homes, loved ones etc. Just thinking about the air pollution makes me cringe. This seems to happen every year and it's obviously dangerous. I wonder what it feels like living there as a student. I hope the offer enough incentives too.

Reactions: 4 users
This California wildfire tho:(. RIP to people who have lost their lives, homes, loved ones etc. Just thinking about the air pollution makes me cringe. This seems to happen every year and it's obviously dangerous. I wonder what it feels like living there as a student. I hope the offer enough incentives too.
Did you get in already?

How long does it take to get a secondary/payment complete notification? I submitted my secondary close to two weeks ago and my cashiers check was delivered a week ago.

Did you get in already?

The first acceptances don't go out until January.

How long does it take to get a secondary/payment complete notification? I submitted my secondary close to two weeks ago and my cashiers check was delivered a week ago.

It depends; some get notification a few days after and some get it after a week or two, but it seems like complete notifications come in batches. I think some have mentioned in this thread that they didn't get any complete notification and received an II. If it has been that long, you could call to follow up, but it's a small school with a small staff. It could just be slow processing time.

They are probably waiting til 21st since that is the deadline for secondaries.

is anyone already in town for this weekend's interview and wanna hang out?? pm me!

Got my R from DGSOM, hoping that Drew will send me a secondary to keep my dream alive.

Does Drew still send out secondaries? And do they take updates pre-secondary?

Last edited:
Got my R from DGSOM, hoping that Drew will send me a secondary to keep my dream alive.

Does Drew still send out secondaries? And do they take updates pre-secondary?

The deadline for secondary is november 21st so i’m not sure if they might be sending out anymore secondaries :/ you can call them to ask ?

Hello everyone!

I have tried to contact the admissions office several times via phone and email over the past couple of weeks and have had no luck. I was wondering whether anyone has had better luck getting in touch with the office?

Thanks and best of luck on your application cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello everyone!

I have tried to contact the admissions office several times via phone and email over the past couple of weeks and have had no luck. I was wondering whether anyone has had better luck getting in touch with the office?

Thanks and best of luck on your application cycle.

I think it's best that you email them. Their staff size is really small so it's rare for them to have to time to stand by the phone.

hoping for the best for everyone that interviewed on 11/17!

During the interviews, did they mention when we would hear back? Also, happy holidays everyone!

Literally just got the secondary. AMCAS was verified on 6/2

Just checked the email. The due date for my secondary is tomorrow - November 22nd
-___-

i havent heard from them at all? have they sent out any rejection email pre-secondary? My primary was verified mid August

I got a call yesterday. I’m assuming it was an II but I haven’t had a chance to talk to them yet

hey what was the phone number that you got the call from? i got a call from 323 800 —— this morning and i’m just trying to figure out if it was just a spam call and shouldnt get my hope up. i tried to call back and apparently the line is not connected or something.

hey what was the phone number that you got the call from? i got a call from 323 800 —— this morning and i’m just trying to figure out if it was just a spam call and shouldnt get my hope up. i tried to call back and apparently the line is not connected or something.

Did you ever receive a complete email?

It was 323-563 —
When I called the number back it was a Drew number.

Has anyone been able to contact the admissions office over the past few weeks?

Also, when is the December and January interview date?

done sending out secondaries? i havent hear from them at all. my primary was verified mid-august.

done sending out secondaries? i havent hear from them at all. my primary was verified mid-august.

I think so :( secondary due dates were November 21st and November 22nd.