2018-2019 George Washington University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone found a facebook group for admitted students? Best of luck everyone :)

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an II! I was assigned a date in early March, however, I'm in the area and don't need to make travel arrangements. Has anyone tried requesting an earlier date and if so, did you have any luck?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes! I was complete early July and put on hold sometime in August. I noticed my status changed to "under review" a few days ago.
that's awesome! Congrats!! May I ask your LM score, if you sent any updates and were you able to see how many interview days are left/open?

Just got an II! I was assigned a date in early March, however, I'm in the area and don't need to make travel arrangements. Has anyone tried requesting an earlier date and if so, did you have any luck?
I think people have had some success getting moved up sooner, just email admissions and ask for an earlier date if available. They’re very helpful

that's awesome! Congrats!! May I ask your LM score, if you sent any updates and were you able to see how many interview days are left/open?

Unfortunately, I didn't have the option of viewing other dates. LM score ~68. I sent a few updates, one every 2 months or so.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same. Alternate list; interviewed 11/30. Love this school. Any idea if there’s waitlist movement or if this is just a soft rejection?

There's definitely movement. A lot of my classmates were on the waitlist before getting accepted. One guy got off the waitlist like a week before orientation lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Is there any advantage of interviewing at an earlier date for GW? I was assigned to early march, but could interview in February if possible.

I spoke it into existence lol. Just got the R. Damn. Going to prep even harder for my next, and possibly final, interview.

This process is COLD.

Sorry everyone. Did these come all at the same time or are they trickling in throughout the afternoon? If it's the latter then there's still hope that the sweet release of death will find me today at last.

So I got scared looking at all these R's and quickly sent in an update :rolleyes: hopefully, they see that and decide to reconsider the death sentence lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
still on hold, complete mid july

Reactions: 2 users
Alternate list today, interviewed 12/6. Really upset about this one as GW is my top choice. Any advice from anyone who got in off the waitlist in previous years?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Accepted :hardy: !! Interviewed on 12/13.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Congrats! But are you sure you interviewed on 12/15 which was a Saturday? Please confirm and let us know. Thanks

Yeah I just corrected it lol. I interviewed 12/13 :cat:

Do you need a car during the pre-clinical years? Or during the clinical years?

Is student housing offered?

Any groceries stores that are close to the campus?

Is grading pass/fail?

Where do people party in the city?

Interested in living without a car and meeting other young professionals when I'm not studying, that's why I am asking these questions...thank you!

Edit: Also, how does Second Look work? Do I need to find my own accommodations? How long does it last?

Last edited:
Do you need a car during the pre-clinical years? Or during the clinical years?

Is student housing offered?

Any groceries stores that are close to the campus?

Is grading pass/fail?

Where do people party in the city?

Interested in living without a car and meeting other young professionals when I'm not studying, that's why I am asking these questions...thank you!

Edit: Also, how does Second Look work? Do I need to find my own accommodations? How long does it last?

1) No to pre-clinical years. Maybe to clinical years since some rotations are not at the main GWU hospital (you can always car-pool with other students).

2) Student housing is not offered but there is an abundance of options in the area and northern VA/Maryland.

3) Trader Joe's and Whole Foods.

4) It is indeed pass/fail.

5) Georgetown area, Adams Morgan, Dupont Circle.

You can definitely manage living in DC w/o a car and you will absolutely have the opportunity to meet other young professionals.

Second look is one day in April-ish. You sit and listen to presentations for most of the day then have a reception in the early evening with professors, deans, etc. I think you can be housed with a student if I remember correctly.

Alternate list just now... pretty disappointed. Interviewed mid dec

1) No to pre-clinical years. Maybe to clinical years since some rotations are not at the main GWU hospital (you can always car-pool with other students).

2) Student housing is not offered but there is an abundance of options in the area and northern VA/Maryland.

3) Trader Joe's and Whole Foods.

4) It is indeed pass/fail.

5) Georgetown area, Adams Morgan, Dupont Circle.

You can definitely manage living in DC w/o a car and you will absolutely have the opportunity to meet other young professionals.

Second look is one day in April-ish. You sit and listen to presentations for most of the day then have a reception in the early evening with professors, deans, etc. I think you can be housed with a student if I remember correctly.

do you know if WL people get invited to second look? And does the school give you enough money to live comfortably in DC/how much do people tend to spend on rent?