2018-2019 Howard University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks for taking one for the team @Abby95

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I spoke to this lady at 12:46 est. She said and I'm quoting "The class is absolutely full. We have been sending waves of rejection since March. We have suspended all interviews and any further decisions until more students drop their acceptances. If you havent received a rejection, then you will in the upcoming weeks or will be called for interview once more students drop their seats. We are not offering any more interviews or making decisions on waitlist until seats become available".

I'm remaining hopeful! Let's keep that faith alive. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
when were you accepted? Got accepted in November still waiting on financial aid news.

I emailed the freshman liaison committee and they said they are working to get the award letters out this month.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a rejection email! Actually happy they come through ! Good luck to everyone attending and hopefully I can do something great in life too !!

Just got a rejection email! Actually happy they come through ! Good luck to everyone attending and hopefully I can do something great in life too !!
Sorry to hear that. Glad you are very optimistic. Did you interview? If so when?

I applied primary & secondary but have heard nothing from them. I wonder why.... perhaps I'm in a pool of people who may get a last minute invite if a lot of people give up their seats?

I applied primary & secondary but have heard nothing from them. I wonder why.... perhaps I'm in a pool of people who may get a last minute invite if a lot of people give up their seats?
Same. Statistically, it is much more likely to be rejected at this point than to get an interview invite. I wouldn't hold your breath, unfortunately.

Hey guys, just got waitlisted today.

Email says as seats open up, they’ll be taking people off of this list so I’m guessing this is best case scenario right now since the class is completely full
Thanks for sharing, when did you interview?

When were you notified? And what are your stats if you don’t mind me asking?

Has anyone heard back any news about future interviews, etc? Some people have gotten some kind of correspondence from Howard but for some reason, I've yet to get anything since submitting my secondary.

Reactions: 2 users
I submitted my secondary application in January. Has anyone who submitted around that time, hear back regarding an interview?

Waitlisted recently smh. The med school application is not fun at all.

Did your email indicate that "you are accepted pending the availability of a seat"?

Did you get placed on alternative waitlist saying you’re priority and all that as well?
Yeah. Honestly, email looked promising, but now that I think about it, I think everyone who got waitlisted got the same email.

Anyone else who interviewed on or before March 27th still waiting to hear back?

This year they only have one waitlist unlike last year. This is based on what was conveyed at the interview.

Well that’s reassuring. Hoping for some good news in the next couple weeks

Honestly, I’m just stressed about getting a late lease on an apartment in DC, like in the off chance I get accepted off the waitlist, because I know how expensive living in DC can be

So do we know if there's an order on how they'll be taking people off of the waitlist?

So do we know if there's an order on how they'll be taking people off of the waitlist?
I don't think Howard (like everyone else) releases their order for the waitlist.. you just sit around and hope for the best.

Got the waitlist email today. Here's what it said,

"Thank you for your understanding and patience as the Admissions Committee works tirelessly to shape the Class of 2023 and for your strong consideration and interest in Howard University College of Medicine.

I am writing to inform you that the Admissions Committee has reviewed your application for admission to the 2019 entering class of the College of Medicine. The committee believes that you have the ability and drive to succeed at Howard University College of Medicine and has voted to accept you pending the availability of a seat. However, the class is currently full. We do anticipate movement between April 15-June 30, 2019, and we predict a significant number of seats becoming available.

Please review the attached letter and should you wish to withdraw your name from possible consideration please inform us as soon as possible.

Final status emails for the remaining wait listed applicants will be emailed NO LATER THAN the day after Orientation begins for Freshman on July 18, 2019.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns by phone at 202-806-9478 or via e-mail at [email protected]. Thank you for your continued interest in Howard University College of Medicine. We wish you the very best as we finalize the class and/or with your potential multiple offers."

Good luck to everyone out here waiting.

The language of my waitlist letter was completely different so I feel ike this means I don't have a shot. It seems like even though Howard says they only have 1 unranked waitlist they clearly know who they are accepting already based on the different types of waitlist letters they are sending out to applicants. Good Luck everyone. Im tapped out. This process is so stressful
When were you put on the waitlist? My email also sounds completely different, but i think they might have sent this letter out to people who were recently waitlisted.

Also @allcraft did the letter state that being placed on the alternate list means you have priority when seats open up?

When were you put on the waitlist? My email also sounds completely different, but i think they might have sent this letter out to people who were recently waitlisted.

Also @allcraft did the letter state that being placed on the alternate list means you have priority when seats open up?
Can you post the text of your letter?

The language of my waitlist letter was completely different so I feel ike this means I don't have a shot. It seems like even though Howard says they only have 1 unranked waitlist they clearly know who they are accepting already based on the different types of waitlist letters they are sending out to applicants. Good Luck everyone. Im tapped out. This process is so stressful
The body of the email has a different text from the attached letter. The above post is what was in the body of the email. Did your email have that along with an attached letter?

Was waitlisted at 7:02 a.m. PST today. This is what the attached waitlist letter said,

"The Howard University College of Medicine Admission Committee has reviewed your application. Your name has been placed on the "Alternate Wait List" of the College of Medicine. Applicants on the Alternate Wait List will be given priority to fill seats as they become available.

Please feel free to provide us via e-mail any updates regarding your file since the initial application and interview (i.e., updated grades for summer 2018, fall 2018, spring 2019 coursework, or relevant (health/research/shadowing) experiences, etc.).

You could be notified between Monday, January 7 and Monday July 1, 2019 of the committee's decision regarding your application. Please be advised that ALL pre-requisite coursework and admission requirements must be met for full admission consideration. In fairness to other students who may be on the Alternate Waiting List, please notify us in writing if for any reason you are no longer interested in being considered for admission for the fall semester of 2019.

Thank you for your continued interest in Howard University's College of Medicine."

Was waitlisted at 7:02 a.m. PST today. This is what the attached waitlist letter said,

"The Howard University College of Medicine Admission Committee has reviewed your application. Your name has been placed on the "Alternate Wait List" of the College of Medicine. Applicants on the Alternate Wait List will be given priority to fill seats as they become available.

Please feel free to provide us via e-mail any updates regarding your file since the initial application and interview (i.e., updated grades for summer 2018, fall 2018, spring 2019 coursework, or relevant (health/research/shadowing) experiences, etc.).

You could be notified between Monday, January 7 and Monday July 1, 2019 of the committee's decision regarding your application. Please be advised that ALL pre-requisite coursework and admission requirements must be met for full admission consideration. In fairness to other students who may be on the Alternate Waiting List, please notify us in writing if for any reason you are no longer interested in being considered for admission for the fall semester of 2019.

Thank you for your continued interest in Howard University's College of Medicine."

Thank you! Mine said the same thing