2018-2019 Howard University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Called and they told me to keep checking my email. I don’t know what that means haha
When’d you call them? Are they hinting that they’ll be emailing us today!? :eyebrow:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, unfortunately they didn't say when. She said like they were waiting for more people to decline acceptance before they send out more invitations. Have you guys sent in letters of interest/update? I'm planning on sending one. Idk if it will help though.

My brother who went here for med school a while back suggested I send one in so I just did

Reactions: 2 users
does anyone know if Howard has a second look day for accepted students?

Reactions: 1 users
I suspect a lot of ppl will turn down Howard for other medical schools, but the odds are not in our favor...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Not really. She just asked me my name and then told me to keep checking my email.
I think she’s hinting that you might be getting an acceptance email soon !!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when accepted students should get scholarship/financial aid package?

I think she’s hinting that you might be getting an acceptance email soon !!
Ha! As much as I’d love believe that, I think it’s a generic response they give to everyone inquiring about their application.

Anyone invited to do PARP? Have you heard any information about the program?

Anyone invited to do PARP? Have you heard any information about the program?
It’s this program they make you do and complete successfully a month before you can actually join in the incoming class in July. It’s uaully for students who have been out of school for awhile without a formal post bac or masters

Guys, I think Howard is just leading me on. They sent me such a nice email saying that they updated my primary application with the new information I sent in. Now I just feel like they are playing with my emotions, cause I know they're not gonna offer me a II. I'm being played! lol Did anyone else get this or get an official R?

Guys, I think Howard is just leading me on. They sent me such a nice email saying that they updated my primary application with the new information I sent in. Now I just feel like they are playing with my emotions, cause I know they're not gonna offer me a II. I'm being played! lol Did anyone else get this or get an official R?

I did as well after sending them my update last week. I think it’s just a generic email tbh.

Ah especially the part that said: " We look forward to serving you as you pursue your goal to study medicine". Broke my heart.

The AdCom is taking a break and won’t resume until the end of March. I’m pretty sure the Admissions Office will still be open though.

The AdCom is taking a break and won’t resume until the end of March. I’m pretty sure the Admissions Office will still be open though.

So the staff will still be there, but they won’t be talking to us about our applications?

The Admissions committee is different from the Admissions staff. The Admissions staff should be able to give you info on your application. The committee, however, makes the decision on your application.

I got the email about ADCOM going on a break..I interviewed in late January. Anyone else in the same boat? I'm unsure if this is indicating a decrease in my chance of being accepted or not lol ._. But I remember when I interviewed they said almost all their spots were filled.

I got the email about ADCOM going on a break..I interviewed in late January. Anyone else in the same boat? I'm unsure if this is indicating a decrease in my chance of being accepted or not lol ._. But I remember when I interviewed they said almost all their spots were filled.
I think it’s a generic email to everyone that interviewed. Did they indicate that they reviewed your file?

+1

I got an email that says they will send out official rejection letter beginning in March.
woow. Its crazy that some people are receiving messages and others has been complete silence. The last email i received was from April Hicks when i sent in an update from grad school.
Second week of march, still no rejections or update.

Interviewed late January, waitlisted, told us the class was almost full too

Is that a bad thing? I’m trynna figure out how many people usually get off the waitlist, Ive been waitlisted since November

Is that a bad thing? I’m trynna figure out how many people usually get off the waitlist, Ive been waitlisted since November
So during the interview when Ms. Williams-Fowlkes talked to us, I remember her stressing that being on the waitlist is a good thing! Since Howard has so much turnover, So im hoping that's the case :xf:

Yeah, most people are going to be waitlisted going forward since they already filled the class. They’ll just pull off the waitlist as people start choosing other schools or dropping out.

Any idea of how the waitlist operates? Like are you higher on the list the earlier you get on it, etc?

woow. Its crazy that some people are receiving messages and others has been complete silence. The last email i received was from April Hicks when i sent in an update from grad school.
Second week of march, still no rejections or update.
when was your interview?