2018-2019 Howard University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Was the email sent by Mrs Fowlkes?

Members don't see this ad.

Was waitlisted at 7:02 a.m. PST today. This is what the attached waitlist letter said,

"The Howard University College of Medicine Admission Committee has reviewed your application. Your name has been placed on the "Alternate Wait List" of the College of Medicine. Applicants on the Alternate Wait List will be given priority to fill seats as they become available.

Please feel free to provide us via e-mail any updates regarding your file since the initial application and interview (i.e., updated grades for summer 2018, fall 2018, spring 2019 coursework, or relevant (health/research/shadowing) experiences, etc.).

You could be notified between Monday, January 7 and Monday July 1, 2019 of the committee's decision regarding your application. Please be advised that ALL pre-requisite coursework and admission requirements must be met for full admission consideration. In fairness to other students who may be on the Alternate Waiting List, please notify us in writing if for any reason you are no longer interested in being considered for admission for the fall semester of 2019.

Thank you for your continued interest in Howard University's College of Medicine."
When did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ms. Jones and Ms. Williams use different templates. I’m just not sure if who sends what means something

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew my acceptance from here this week. Hoping it goes to one of you aspiring future docs!! Good luck :)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know if they are they still offering interviews?
Sadly I dont think so:( I know someone that talked to Ms. Jones in admissions, and she said theres a really small chance they might extend a few interviews in May but i wouldnt bank on it

So...Have most accepted students already receive scholarship offers????

Reactions: 1 user
Keep faith alive guys! If we're meant to be at Howard, we'll be there. This Medical School application process is grueling but it will definitely be worth it in the end. We're finna make some pretty lit black (predominantly) docs, so just keep hope alive. Good luck with the impending waitlist movement and good luck to #ClassOf2023

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Has anyone called to ask if the waitlist is ranked?

It is ranked, I just don’t know if they’ve sat down already to rank it yet, I always thought it was by date of placement on the list, but I don’t think that’s the case or if that’s a strong factor

Reactions: 1 users
It is ranked, I just don’t know if they’ve sat down already to rank it yet, I always thought it was by date of placement on the list, but I don’t think that’s the case or if that’s a strong factor
Would they tell us if we asked?

AdCom usually meet on Thursdays. I wouldn’t be surprised if some sort of movements starts later today or tomorrow.

Last year's waitlist data from HUCM
Howard3.PNG

AdCom usually meet on Thursdays. I wouldn’t be surprised if some sort of movements starts later today or tomorrow.
:xf::xf: Thanks for posting that! I remember at the open house Celia told us that they accepted over 50 people off of the waitlist last year?

:xf::xf: Thanks for posting that! I remember at the open house Celia told us that they accepted over 50 people off of the waitlist last year?
You’re correct. The data from the current MSAR is that they accept 50 out of the 100-120 persons on their waitlist.

hey guys, does anyone know/have any of y'all heard about if Howard does admitted student day / second look day ? (not admitted but just wanna know lol)

Recently withdrew my acceptance. Hopefully it goes to one of you guys!

Reactions: 5 users
Just got my acceptance off the waitlist! Interviewed 2/5/19 put on waitlist 4/12/19.

Reactions: 8 users
It was an email. My phone is off cause i'm at work so I may have gotten a call and didn't know.
Also just got accepted off waitlist interviewed 2/13! Best of luck to everyone

Reactions: 4 users
Are we to assume they’re periodically going to take people off the waitlist each week? Or are they gonna mass send it out at once like it’s looking like today?

Also just got accepted off waitlist interviewed 2/13! Best of luck to everyone
Amazing! Congratulations! Did you get placed on the waitlist that said "accepted pending the availability of a seat" or the waitlist that said "you will be a priority once spots become available"?

Congrats to those accepted off the waitlist. For those waiting stay calm
Just got my acceptance off the waitlist! Interviewed 2/5/19 put on waitlist 4/12/19.
congrats was it sent via the general admissions email?

Reactions: 2 users
Got off the waitlist today as well:soexcited: Good luck to everyone, many more acceptances to come!

Accepted off of the waitlist, but I will be withdrawing for another school on my list. Interviewed 2/26/19. Waitlisted 4/18/19. Hopefully one of you gets my spot!

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted off of the waitlist, but I will be withdrawing for another school on my list. Interviewed 2/26/19. Waitlisted 4/18/19. Hopefully one of you gets my spot!
Congrats!! and thanks so much!

has anyone who got a waiting list email from jones gotten an acceptance today??

Amazing! Congratulations! Did you get placed on the waitlist that said "accepted pending the availability of a seat" or the waitlist that said "you will be a priority once spots become available"?
“Accepted pending the availability of a seat”

Congrats to everyone accepted so far!! How many days did they give you to make a decision on the acceptance?

Waitlisted on the 4/18. Interviewed 4/2. Congrats to all the people who have been accepted!! Hope to see some waitlist movement soon.