2018-2019 Howard University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
when was your interview?
i havent had an interview. I was complete in 9/1/18. I am assuming i probably got rejected.

Members don't see this ad.

i havent had an interview. I was complete in 9/1/18. I am assuming i probably got rejected.

Same. Complete mid September but silence since then. I had to call for them to acknowledge my update.

Reactions: 3 users
I am losing hope on this medical school process thing - silent and quiet. I'm pretty much done! It would been awesome if they could tell what's going on at least.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ohh gotcha. well, during our interview like a month ago, they said that they will still be sending out interview invites and applying so don't lose hope just yet. there's still time. Maybe send them an update so you can make sure you're on their radar?

Reactions: 2 users
ohh gotcha. well, during our interview like a month ago, they said that they will still be sending out interview invites and applying so don't lose hope just yet. there's still time. Maybe send them an update so you can make sure you're on their radar?

Did they mention when they would stop sending invites by?

Did they mention when they would stop sending invites by?
Best bet is to call them. I’ve seen threads here where people call and inquire about interviews and a few days later, they were invited. It doesn’t really hurt.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve only been able to find one match list for the last 5 years. Has anyone else found a match list for years other than the 2018 class?

Withdrew my acceptance here a few days ago, hope the spot goes to one of you!

Reactions: 7 users
hey everyone, i haven't heard anything back either since i submitted the secondary app. I called today and admissions said that their last wave of interview invites went out yesterday.. :(

Damn I’m in the same boat :/

Has anyone been rejected? I feel like they should at least do that instead of playing with our emotions lol

Reactions: 3 users
Have any accepted students heard back from financial aid?

Well the AdCom met today so hopefully there will be some news in the next couple days :xf:

Reactions: 5 users
Have any accepted students heard back from financial aid?
I got an email a couple days ago about a scholarship I applied for. Still waiting for the rest of my financial aid package

My final rejection from Howard 20 mins ago. If you got in, I wish you all the best and a wonderful journey! You're going to do great things for those in need! If you didn't, there's always another chance. Don't give up!

My final rejection from Howard 20 mins ago. If you got in, I wish you all the best and a wonderful journey! You're going to do great things for those in need! If you didn't, there's always another chance. Don't give up!

Did you interview? Keep your head up. Remember a rejection doesn’t dictate your worth.

Thank you for the kind words! Did you interview?

I just called them. They said the class is absolutely full and they will not be offering anymore interviews. They started sending out rejections. If you havent received a rejection, then more than likely they are waiting to see the number of people that will make a final decision in May. But all interviews and decisions(waitlist) have been suspended.

I just called them. They said the class is absolutely full and they will not be offering anymore interviews. They started sending out rejections. If you havent received a rejection, then more than likely they are waiting to see the number of people that will make a final decision in May. But all interviews and decisions(waitlist) have been suspended.
Did they mention if the rejections were being sent via mail or e-mail?

So that means that they’re not going over waitlist applicants to decide the order yet?

So that means that they’re not going over waitlist applicants to decide the order yet?
Yes. Until more people release their seat(likely May) then they will start pulling people off waitlist and sending out more interviews if need be.

Yes. Until more people release their seat(likely May) then they will start pulling people off waitlist and sending out more interviews if need be.
so just to make sure I am fully understanding, for the people that have interviewed and have not heard back, unless we are rejected, we should not expect to hear back anytime soon basically right?

Huh, they told me via email today that there are still some spots for interviews but that they are almost at capacity. They said if we weren't part of the rejection wave last week, then we are still under consideration :shrug:

so just to make sure I am fully understanding, for the people that have interviewed and have not heard back, unless we are rejected, we should not expect to hear back anytime soon basically right?
Yeah that was my understanding from speaking with the lady.

The class had been full since around January/February. The largest movement we'll see is around late April/early May. Until then, if you haven't gotten a rejection letter, just hope for the best.

Reactions: 2 users
Huh, they told me via email today that there are still some spots for interviews but that they are almost at capacity. They said if we weren't part of the rejection wave last week, then we are still under consideration :shrug:
I spoke to this lady at 12:46 est. She said and I'm quoting "The class is absolutely full. We have been sending waves of rejection since March. We have suspended all interviews and any further decisions until more students drop their acceptances. If you havent received a rejection, then you will in the upcoming weeks or will be called for interview once more students drop their seats. We are not offering any more interviews or making decisions on waitlist until seats become available".

The class had been full since around January/February. The largest movement we'll see is around late April/early May. Until then, if you haven't gotten a rejection letter, just hope for the best.
Yeah that's what she implied. If you havent received a rejection or interview yet, then you will once more students make final decisions on where to go which wont be until late April/may.

Yeah that's what she implied. If you havent received a rejection or interview yet, then you will once more students make final decisions on where to go which wont be until late April/may.
"If you havent received a rejection or interview yet, then you will once more students make final decisions on where to go which wont be until late April/may."?

I don't get that part. Persons who interview after January, (and haven't heard back) still have a shot- unless of course, you've gotten a rejection letter.

I know someone who got in who interviewed like 2 weeks before their classes started.
"If you havent received a rejection or interview yet, then you will once more students make final decisions on where to go which wont be until late April/may."?

I don't get that part. Persons who interview after January, (and haven't heard back) still have a shot- unless of course, you've gotten a rejection letter.

I never said they dont have a shot though lol. Offcourse people that have already interviewed still have a shot. They just not making any decisions until more space becomes available ‍♀️.

I never said they dont have a shot though lol. Offcourse people that have already interviewed still have a shot. They just not making any decisions until more space becomes available ‍♀️.
Got you :thumbup:

I spoke to this lady at 12:46 est. She said and I'm quoting "The class is absolutely full. We have been sending waves of rejection since March. We have suspended all interviews and any further decisions until more students drop their acceptances. If you havent received a rejection, then you will in the upcoming weeks or will be called for interview once more students drop their seats. We are not offering any more interviews or making decisions on waitlist until seats become available".

Okay, then this part must be what the email I received was implying. The email was from the admissions director who mentioned that they are almost at capacity for their seats and are only offering a few interviews at this time.

Hopefully a lot more open- seat movement starts happening soon!

Hasn’t the class been almost full since mid-late January?

Hasn’t the class been almost full since mid-late January?
Yeah it has, but I think they're just expecting a lot of the people they extended offers to, to go to different schools. A first year told us that most of their class are people that interviewed Feb- April last year