2018-2019 Howard University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m international

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone received their financial aid package?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello hopeful waitlisters, I called admissions this afternoon and was told "the waitlist movement has been very slow lately..." Still keeping my fingers crossed though!

Reactions: 1 users
Hello hopeful waitlisters, I called admissions this afternoon and was told "the waitlist movement has been very slow lately..." Still keeping my fingers crossed though!
Thanks for the info! Did they sound like they were expecting some more movement? Also i think the CTE deadline is next week?

What's CTE? They didn't... I was told the ranking of the WL was internal information and that we could be notified up until July 9th.

Wish they can just send me my rejection letter already *sigh*

Reactions: 1 user
I also received a rejection letter which said that there were no slots available for an interview anymore and that I should apply early the following year. Was this the standard letter sent out to people who were rejected pre-interview or was I sent this simply because my application was too late in the cycle? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
I also received a rejection letter which said that there were no slots available for an interview anymore and that I should apply early the following year. Was this the standard letter sent out to people who were rejected pre-interview or was I sent this simply because my application was too late in the cycle? Thanks in advance!

My rejection letter was similar. But I applied late as well.

Has anyone received any updates on whats going on with the waitlist?

Last edited:
Has anyone received any updates on whats going on with the waitlist?

I really thought there would be some movement this week, but the paper says the latest they would let us know is July 1st

Has anyone heard of any movement?
No! They just sent another email at 12ish restating the fact that I was waitlisted, holistic review and that decisions should come out by July 12th...basically everything I already knew lol

No! They just sent another email at 12ish restating the fact that I was waitlisted, holistic review and that decisions should come out by July 12th...basically everything I already knew lol
Did you get that email from admissions today?? I'm still waitlisted and haven't received any emails from them :oops:

Did you get that email from admissions today?? I'm still waitlisted and haven't received any emails from them :oops:
Mm yeah but don’t worry it was just reiterating previously known info!

I am waitlisted and didn't get an email either :/ Also, orientation is on the 10th, do classes actually start on the 12th?

Has anyone been rejected from the waitlist so far?
I called Friday and it seems like the class is full. The only way they'd pull from WL now is if someone no-shows for orientation, which "has historically never happened" BRB while I cry myself to sleep.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Hi guys! I have a quick question! Does any one know how we can get feedback on why we got rejected? I tried calling and emailing but they don’t respond ! I have heard a lot of medical schools do give feedback though!

For those who interviewed at Howard last year what was the earliest interview/decision turnaround?