2018-2019 Indiana University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone try to log onto their application portal (Application Status > Sign In) but can't?

I got this message: At this time no action has been taken on your application.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone try to log onto their application portal () but can't?

I got this message: At this time no action has been taken on your application.

Yes, I get that message at least half the times I try to log in. I think they have a database problem

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the interview date this morning. 9/5 at Gary campus. EDP.

Is it normal for schools to request Deans eval and legal disclosure form? I didn't have to do any of this for my other interviews.. I also don't have a date yet, and it's been more than a week since the II. Anyone else?

Is it normal for schools to request Deans eval and legal disclosure form? I didn't have to do any of this for my other interviews.. I also don't have a date yet, and it's been more than a week since the II. Anyone else?
+1 on no date. It seems that very few people have actually received a date yet, so no need to worry.

I had to wait 3-4 weeks to get my date. Hang in there

Reactions: 1 users
OMG I can't believe it- just got rejected:(
OSS huge ties to Indiana- both my parents grew up there and went to college in Indiana- not IU though. My family all lives there. I grew up in a neighboring state. 214 Mcat 3.8 GPA
Was a top three for me...
OH WELL
Good Luck to all.

Also still don't have my date yet. Not EDP though

Got my date, 9/5, didn’t get my preferred interview site. Pretty confused why they ask. On top of that, the Email was riddled with numerous spelling mistakes, AND I have to buy a god dam parking permit. It’s crazy. I’m not impressed with IU.

Joining the waiting game for an interview date, received my II yesterday!! :) IS, LizzyM 68, Complete email 8/2

Members don't see this ad :)
I finally got my interview date/time. I received my II on 07/30.

I finally got my interview date/time. I received my II on 07/30.
Congrats! When is your interview? Just wondering how many weeks in advance they give students to book flights etc..

lol all these people getting interviews and I have yet to receive any form of verification :(.

Reactions: 2 users
lol all these people getting interviews and I have yet to receive any form of verification :(.
Haven't heard a peep from IU yet... had AMCAS verified back in June.. nothing yet

So, I have a question regarding the legal disclosure form. I had pretrial diversion 5 years ago after being charged with underage possession of alcohol (oops :oops:). Their form states I need to explain this in writing; do they actually want me to hand write a letter describing the incident? Has anyone had experience with this?

Congrats! When is your interview? Just wondering how many weeks in advance they give students to book flights etc..

My interview is in less than 3 weeks, but I live close enough to drive. Maybe they take into account how far each applicant needs to travel since there are others who posted about having their interview dates confirmed earlier.

Last edited:
So, I have a question regarding the legal disclosure form. I had pretrial diversion 5 years ago after being charged with underage possession of alcohol (oops :oops:). Their form states I need to explain this in writing; do they actually want me to hand write a letter describing the incident? Has anyone had experience with this?
I had a misdemeanor on my record from almost 15 years ago that I had to disclose- I just wrote a short note explaining the circumstances (what I was charged with, that I was a minor and that it was later dismissed.) I think they probably just want to be sure it’s something minor. They still gave me an interview date and everything, so I think you’re ok.

I had a misdemeanor on my record from almost 15 years ago that I had to disclose- I just wrote a short note explaining the circumstances (what I was charged with, that I was a minor and that it was later dismissed.) I think they probably just want to be sure it’s something minor. They still gave me an interview date and everything, so I think you’re ok.

I didn’t disclose mine because in my state, juvenile records are expunged when you turn 21. I don’t know the law in other states though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, good to know! This is definitely the most in depth legal disclosure I've ever needed to do lol. Was really hoping it wasn't going to be something I would need to disclose, but whatevz. Do you think they'll bring it up in the interview?

I didn’t disclose mine because in my state, juvenile records are expunged when you turn 21. I don’t know the law in other states though.

Very jealous of that law

I'm a current MS1 @ IUSM at a regional campus. Message me w/ any questions.

What will happen if I cant get the non science letter? I really don’t want to lose my II because of it, but I have emailed my professors and none reply. The letters I currently have are two science and 1 from my PI

What will happen if I cant get the non science letter? I really don’t want to lose my II because of it, but I have emailed my professors and none reply. The letters I currently have are two science and 1 from my PI
They take one of your sci letters and evaluate it to make sure it meets the non-sci requirement (essentially they use your sci letter for non sci)

I had the same issue and emailed them.
I don’t suppose the opposite could be true for the sci letter? I tracked down my writer in person a few weeks ago and she swore she’s ‘working on it’ but I’m getting super nervous- I’ve emailed other professors but no answer. I have another non-sci ready to go. With interview next week I’m willing to try anything.

I don’t suppose the opposite could be true for the sci letter? I tracked down my writer in person a few weeks ago and she swore she’s ‘working on it’ but I’m getting super nervous- I’ve emailed other professors but no answer. I have another non-sci ready to go. With interview next week I’m willing to try anything.
I'm not 100% but she stated they NEED at least one sci letter. I would email them to make sure, because what they are looking for is somebody that can speak on your aptitude for learning/pick up challenging things.

Does everything need to be in in order to get an interview date?

I submitted my primary application around a month ago to IU. I have received nothing from them since my initial AMCAS primary submission. Is this normal? Should I contact them inquiring about a status or something?

Hey guys does anyone know if it’s frowned upon not to attend the mixer? I just got the email about it now but my flight home is at 5:30 so I probably won’t be able attend it.

Hey guys does anyone know if it’s frowned upon not to attend the mixer? I just got the email about it now but my flight home is at 5:30 so I probably won’t be able attend it.
lol what? I didn’t get any email about a mixer. Are you sure you’re in the right thread?

II early this afternoon! LizzyM 74, IS, reapplicant, complete email 8/10
When you say complete email, you mean the email that told you they received your application and they'll notify you once your application is reviewed? Or is there another email that tells you that they completed the review of your application? Just curious because I submitted primary mid August and was sent the "received application from AMCAS" email and trying to determine a timeline.

I’m interviewing at Gary, and got no mixer Email. Am I missing out on some action? ;)

Anyone in an early wave of interviews still waiting on a date?
Yeah, I'm still waiting on a date. Admissions told me that I'd get a notification "2-4 weeks before my interview date" so I am guessing that could be just about anytime.

Yeah, I'm still waiting on a date. Admissions told me that I'd get a notification "2-4 weeks before my interview date" so I am guessing that could be just about anytime.
I emailed too and got the same thing

Hi all! Sent my primary in 06-27. Verified late July. Received my “we’re interested in interviewing you” letter 08-17. Got my interview date 08-28. Scheduled for an interview 09-12 at my first choice, Terre Haute

Was verified in June and haven't heard a thing from this school. Would be nice to know they atlas received my application.

Reactions: 3 users
II!! First one of the cycle. LizzyM: 69 URM Received complete email 8/9. Little confused about what needs to be sent in... lol

So just to make sure i have this, we send both forms to the school and after they receive it all and process, we get our interview date? We dont need to set up a UID right?

When you say complete email, you mean the email that told you they received your application and they'll notify you once your application is reviewed? Or is there another email that tells you that they completed the review of your application? Just curious because I submitted primary mid August and was sent the "received application from AMCAS" email and trying to determine a timeline.
"Received application" email. Guess I'm just used to most other schools doing "complete" emails

So just to make sure i have this, we send both forms to the school and after they receive it all and process, we get our interview date? We dont need to set up a UID right?
Yea I never set up ID. Do the graduate app, and send in the 2 forms. Im still waiting on date tho