2018-2019 Morehouse School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I called, but no answer again.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! Any MS1’s on this thread mind direct messaging me. I have a couple questions I wanted to ask. Would be much appreciated:)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone... Just wanted to let you know I called. They are still looking into are applications and we are in the running. No date has been determined. All I can say is we should be patient and know if you have not been rejected yet, you have a good shot

Reactions: 5 users
Their system malfunctioned and about half of their secondaries did not get sent out. I figured this out a month after I submitted a primary and did not hear anything back via email for a secondary. So most people who didn't get an II are probably the one's that unfortunately got the computer error and got a secondary very late or not at all

Here is the financial aid scandal https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...scandal/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.80b1f17d6e48
Messy.

I imagine that those who did not receive a secondary called the school and received one eventually? That's if they could even get through ...

Messy.

I imagine that those who did not receive a secondary called the school and received one eventually? That's if they could even get through ...

Yeah I contacted the school. Some may have not unfortunately or did so really late

How long after your interview did you send them?

I sent An update letter 3 weeks after my interview followed by a letter of intent a few days after that. I Interviewed on feb 16 and was accepted March 14.

Reactions: 2 users
What is the post interview acceptance like at this school?

Their system malfunctioned and about half of their secondaries did not get sent out. I figured this out a month after I submitted a primary and did not hear anything back via email for a secondary. So most people who didn't get an II are probably the one's that unfortunately got the computer error and got a secondary very late or not at all

Here is the financial aid scandal https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...scandal/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.80b1f17d6e48

I was one of the people who got a secondary real late...so I haven't got an II cause THEY sent me a secondary late...? Wack

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They are having system issues, trouble with their teaching hospital, and they had a financial aid scandal not too long ago

Please... If you are going to make strong statements, have some degree of evidence/understanding of the claims you make so you may educate the rest of us. For everyone wondering, Howard Med was dealing with the East End Equity Act. The original issue was that a new hospital (St. Elizabeth's) was being built in southeast DC and wanted to exclude anyone from the Howard Medical community from involvement. On Dec 4, 2018 the exclusion of Howard was voted unjust and on Dec 18 ,2018 further amendments on the bill proposed to protect Howard Medicine was approved by DC council. Also, the financial aid scandal was an undergrad problem, completely separate from the Med School.

Reactions: 7 users
Please... If you are going to make strong statements, have some degree of evidence/understanding of the claims you make so you may educate the rest of us. For everyone wondering, Howard Med was dealing with the East End Equity Act. The original issue was that a new hospital (St. Elizabeth's) was being built in southeast DC and wanted to exclude anyone from the Howard Medical community from involvement. On Dec 4, 2018 the exclusion of Howard was voted unjust and on Dec 18 ,2018 further amendments on the bill proposed to protect Howard Medicine was approved by DC council. Also, the financial aid scandal was an undergrad problem, completely separate from the Med School.
well sorry charlie lol

Thank you for the details! I appreciate you listing dates so folks can look this information up.

Do they reject pre interview or wait until the end of cycle?

So I interviewed in October and have yet to receive a acceptance/rejection? Should I email or call? Anyone else have this issue?

Reactions: 2 users
i interviewed on 08/24/18, 1st interview of the season, still waiting

AH! Got a II about an hour ago! Very, very excited!!!

Reactions: 3 users
So I interviewed in October and have yet to receive a acceptance/rejection? Should I email or call? Anyone else have this issue?
You can contact them but I don't think they're gonna be helpful. Probably just gonna say: "hold on we're still reveiwing apps" which to be fair they are...I think

I gave them a call and they seemed pretty annoyed. I interviewed October as well. We are still in the running and if we have not gotten rejected yet there is still a chance. Although we weren't a favorite among the interviewees, there's still a good chance for all of us.

Does Morehouse allow a person to substitute Biochem for Orgo chem II? I am getting ready to take Orgo II next semester and really don't want to. Please help!

Does Morehouse allow a person to substitute Biochem for Orgo chem II? I am getting ready to take Orgo II next semester and really don't want to. Please help!
Dude just take it. Most schools require it and there's no guarantee you're going to get into Morehouse.

Reactions: 3 users
Can anyone comment on if lecture is mandatory at Morehouse? Are any of the lectures recorded? And what are the community service requirements? Anyone know when Second Look is? I have so many questions...

Can anyone comment on if lecture is mandatory at Morehouse? Are any of the lectures recorded? And what are the community service requirements? Anyone know when Second Look is? I have so many questions...

From what I learned during interview day, lectures are not mandatory and they are recorded!

Does anyone know the average step score or pass rate?

Has anyone received an email to complete the Certiphi Background Screening without an acceptance?

R just now pre II. Complete end of Sept.

Goodluck everyone!

Do they accept updates? How do you check status of your application?

I sent in an update letter as a PDF attachment and they emailed me back to confirm that they received it. Just make sure the email contains your AAMC number and Application ID number (starts with MH). The portal isn’t helpful in terms of checking your status, as long as you get the complete email you should be all set.

This was a Pre-Interview Update btw.

I just updated them post interview. Losing hope although as I interviewed October and still haven't heard anything back