2018-2019 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine NYIT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got accepted! Interviewed October 23.

would you mind sharing stats? I interviewed that day as well and haven't heard back

Members don't see this ad.

congrats to those who have been accepted – do you think emails will be going out the remainder of the day? I interviewed 10/26 and just about dying to hear back

congrats to those who have been accepted – do you think emails will be going out the remainder of the day? I interviewed 10/26 and just about dying to hear back
I think so I have a friend who got accepted 10 mins ago so I think they should be going out at diff times during the day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a II for Jonesboro, but confused because I put Old Westbury as my preference. Complete Oct 26.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted! Interviewed mid-October

Just got a II for Jonesboro, but confused because I put Old Westbury as my preference. Complete Oct 26.

I believe the school can choose which campus they would rather have you attend.

Accepted!!!!!! Interviewed November 6th, email today!!! Good luck everybody!

If I interviewed early October and didn’t receive an acceptance today, should I just assume it’s a rejection and start planning what to do after?

If I interviewed early October and didn’t receive an acceptance today, should I just assume it’s a rejection and start planning what to do after?

I don’t think so. They’re not the most systematic when reviewing files, some people who interviewed in August and September were accepted today, some people from October were accepted in November. only thing to do is wait

I don’t think so. They’re not the most systematic when reviewing files, some people who interviewed in August and September were accepted today, some people from October were accepted in November. only thing to do is wait
Okay thanks!

Accepted today around 9 AM to OW campus. Interviewed mid October.

Turning down though since I already have a preferred spot in mind.

Hope one of you waiting can snag it instead.

Hey y'all! I was an OOS from Oklahoma wondering if it would be too late/waste of money to submit a secondary to this school right now with it being the second week of December. I was interested in the Jonesboro campus.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know if we should expect something next week? Or do they only send out acceptances once a month? Im stressing lol

Has anyone with a mid November interview heard back yet? I was there the week of 11/12 and am dying to hear back, but not sure if those applicants were reviewed yet.

Do you know if we should expect something next week? Or do they only send out acceptances once a month? Im stressing lol

I wish I could tell you. Instead, I'm stressing right along with you...

For those that have been accepted. Is there anything mandatory to do after background check?

Accepted a few days ago
3.5, 513, interviewed 10/26

Reactions: 2 users
does nyit accept pre-II updates for fall grades?

Been complete since early October... silence. Do they send IIs to people whose pre-reqs are still in progress?

Has anybody that interviewed on November 16th in Arkansas heard anything yet?

does nyit accept pre-II updates for fall grades?

Yes. Grade updates would fall under the category of “important/good to know.” I would update AACOMAS, but I would also take a screenshot of your online unofficial transcript or something clearly showing term and grades and send it to the admissions email at whichever campus to which you are applying. This will get the information there quickly and directly.

Yes. Grade updates would fall under the category of “important/good to know.” I would update AACOMAS, but I would also take a screenshot of your online unofficial transcript or something clearly showing term and grades and send it to the admissions email at whichever campus to which you are applying. This will get the information there quickly and directly.
Thanks so much! AACOMAS update is such an important reminder for me. There's only 1 NYIT-COM admission email, which I believe is for both the AR and NY campuses?

Giving up my acceptance here so hopefully it goes to one of yall here!

If we haven't received a post-interview decision this month, should we not expect to hear anything until next month at earliest? I interviewed 10/16.

If we haven't received a post-interview decision this month, should we not expect to hear anything until next month at earliest? I interviewed 10/16.
I think they won’t release the next decision until after the New Years.

I also interviewed on 10/16 and have heard nothing.

Thanks so much! AACOMAS update is such an important reminder for me. There's only 1 NYIT-COM admission email, which I believe is for both the AR and NY campuses?

For reference: Contact New York Institute of Technology | About | NYIT
If applying to the Long Island campus, use [email protected]. For Jonesboro, use [email protected].
As I am at the JB campus, I can say that our admissions point of contact is Mrs. Resa Brinkley. She is who you would want to reach out to here.

Keep in mind that until you get an II they can technically offer you an II at the campus to which you did not specifically apply. If you applied with no preference of campus, it might benefit contacting both? An email in addition to AACOMAS update is probably best, I suppose it is your prerogative which email you use.

Correct. The trend is one release per month, and because they just released decisions on December 14th, I would assume the next time to hear back is mid-January. There isn't anything you can do at this point to further your chances unless you have a pretty significant update for them, so if you can, try to remain patient and positive while you wait for a decision. It is a long and frustrating process, but if you were good enough to land an interview, you are already in a much better position than the thousands of kids who don't hear back at all during the cycle. I will most likely be attending this school next year, so feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Good luck!

Correct. The trend is one release per month, and because they just released decisions on December 14th, I would assume the next time to hear back is mid-January. There isn't anything you can do at this point to further your chances unless you have a pretty significant update for them, so if you can, try to remain patient and positive while you wait for a decision. It is a long and frustrating process, but if you were good enough to land an interview, you are already in a much better position than the thousands of kids who don't hear back at all during the cycle. I will most likely be attending this school next year, so feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Good luck!

Thanks for the information and kind words, my friend! Congratulations on your acceptance... it'd be a pleasure to be your classmate!

nyitcom's match list from 2018 had 11 general surgery?

Interviewed in Jonesboro on 11/16 and accepted 12/14. I am super honored and grateful for it! I have a question for the current students (or others who know what's up)- Are students allowed to utilize A-States' facilities such as the gym, cafeteria (with signing up for a meal plan) and etc?

Can any current student at OW answer the following questions. I apologize in advance if they've already been asked.
  1. Someone at JB mentioned earlier that NYITCOM offered them free First Aid Book and free board study material. Is this also the case for OW?
  2. How does one go about finding housing that is nearby OW campus? How much does it cost on average per month?
  3. For the free student run clinic,as a first year OMS, what tasks are you allowed to do? Who provides the guidance?
Thanks in advance.

Interviewed in Jonesboro on 11/16 and accepted 12/14. I am super honored and grateful for it! I have a question for the current students (or others who know what's up)- Are students allowed to utilize A-States' facilities such as the gym, cafeteria (with signing up for a meal plan) and etc?
Yes. You'll have access to both the Red Wolf Center (the main gym with weights, indoor track, ball courts, and activities of all sorts) and the HYPSS if you want to swim. Meal plans are available but I wouldn't get one right out of the gate unless you know for certain you want caf food all semester.

Sent from my SM-J700T using SDN mobile

Can any current student at OW answer the following questions. I apologize in advance if they've already been asked.
  1. Someone at JB mentioned earlier that NYITCOM offered them free First Aid Book and free board study material. Is this also the case for OW?
  2. How does one go about finding housing that is nearby OW campus? How much does it cost on average per month?
  3. For the free student run clinic,as a first year OMS, what tasks are you allowed to do? Who provides the guidance?
Thanks in advance.
1. No free First Aid, but we do get a free subscription to Firecracker, which is sourced from First Aid, Pathoma, etc, I use it a good amount.
2. Join the facebook group, come ~April people will start posting about their apartments opening up, rooms, etc. There's also a list of rentals the school maintains, but you'll have better luck just chatting to your classmates on FB.
3. You can start going to the clinic 2nd semester I believe. You get different tasks depending on the day, but you could be involved in interviewing the patient, doing the physical exam, documenting. There are physicians who are professors at the school to provide guidance/oversight.

1. No free First Aid, but we do get a free subscription to Firecracker, which is sourced from First Aid, Pathoma, etc, I use it a good amount.
2. Join the facebook group, come ~April people will start posting about their apartments opening up, rooms, etc. There's also a list of rentals the school maintains, but you'll have better luck just chatting to your classmates on FB.
3. You can start going to the clinic 2nd semester I believe. You get different tasks depending on the day, but you could be involved in interviewing the patient, doing the physical exam, documenting. There are physicians who are professors at the school to provide guidance/oversight.
Thank you for your responses!!

can I PM you regarding acceptance?

Does anyone know what the post-interview acceptance ratio is?

Interviewed 11/15 and no answer. Did I get bodied or what

Hi everyone! Is car needed in Old Westbury? Can we survive by just taking public transportation (especially during rotations)?

Hi everyone! Is car needed in Old Westbury? Can we survive by just taking public transportation (especially during rotations)?

A friend of mine there told me that it is absolutely worth having a car, not only for rotations but also for just commuting to campus from more affordable areas. There doesn't seem to be too much in the way of public transportation.

A friend of mine there told me that it is absolutely worth having a car, not only for rotations but also for just commuting to campus from more affordable areas. There doesn't seem to be too much in the way of public transportation.

Thanks!

100%, car is more or less a necessity.

Reactions: 1 users
II, selected 2/2. Completed back in the beginning of July!

Reactions: 1 users