2018-2019 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
last year people heard news on 3/1 which was a thursday... so crossing my fingers!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II just now. Really thought interview season was over for me!

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything today? Been refreshing my email anxiously all day...

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard anything today? Been refreshing my email anxiously all day...
I feel this. I probably won’t hear back today as I interviewed at the very beginning of February but still

I feel this. I probably won’t hear back today as I interviewed at the very beginning of February but still
Yeah I interview on Jan 22. I haven’t heard anything back. I was hoping for today!

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah I interview on Jan 22. I haven’t heard anything back. I was hoping for today!

looks like I won't be finding out for a few more weeks yet then! hahaha

Members don't see this ad :)
What could it possibly mean if it's this late in the season and I haven't heard anything (but I'm not on hold?)

Does NYMC do silent rejections? How late do they extend interview invitations?

They don’t do silent rejections, they’ll tell you one way or the other. If the interview season ends and you don’t interview then it means a rejection, and they’ll email some time after the season is over to let you know.

The season ends in late March if i’m not mistaken, and some invites are still going out here and there to fill spots.

I am confused on when we get our financial package back. I called the office and was told we are going to get them in June?

Accepted !!!! First MD acceptance, on cloud 9 right now
Email came through 11:26am EST
Interviewed 1/17

Best of luck everyone!!!!!

Reactions: 14 users
Accepted !!!! First MD acceptance, on cloud 9 right now
Email came through 11:26am EST
Interviewed 1/17

Best of luck everyone!!!!!
Accepted!! Interviewed 1/22! Email came around 11am! I’m in tears! So happy!!

Reactions: 11 users
ACCEPTED!!! interviewed 1/22, immediately started sobbing. i’m going to be a doctor :happy:

Reactions: 9 users
Looks like I'll be hearing back in 2 weeks time, early Feb interview here... congratulations future docs, SO proud of you guys!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
ayyyy ACCEPTED! my email hadn't updated since Thursday so there came all the notifications :happy: first MD acceptance!

Reactions: 12 users
Can anyone confirm that $248,303 is indeed the average student debt for this school? I saw this number on MSAR. Very shocked- are no institutional scholarships available to students? I also see this school listed on USN as one of the 10 schools with the highest indebtedness ($248000).

Can anyone confirm that $248,303 is indeed the average student debt for this school? I saw this number on MSAR. Very shocked- are no institutional scholarships available to students? I also see this school listed on USN as one of the 10 schools with the highest indebtedness ($248000).
Yes it is one of the most expensive schools. An update on my financial aid situation, I got a student scholarship of 80k. So this brings my total debt after all said and done to 83k*4 - 80k= 252k. Plus the 100k from undergrad will make that 350k about. But to answer your question, yes if you have other opportunities I would definitely shop around weighing loan amounts. Last I would advise looking more at the trees rather than the forest. Yes 250k is a lot, but monthly 10 year payment plan that equates to less than $3000 on a monthly salary of $12,000 for a low end physician salary. So you would have more than $9,000 left over a month

Yikes. Thanks for replying. This is definitely something to think about. I think the school isn’t expensive (compared to other private schools). It just doesn’t have much aid (scholarship) to offset loans.

Does anyone know when the second look day is? Thank you in advance!

Hi! Do you think that people who interviewed Late January will hear back this Monday? The pattern seems to be every other Monday.
Hi late January Fam. People who interviewed on 1/22 and 1/24 got decisions today, so hopefully we hear in the week or 2

EDIT: Since you are asking about second look day, did you get in? If so, congrats!!
and please let me know what date you interviewed, if possible.

Do you think they are still doing interview invites? Still haven't received one.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi late January Fam. People who interviewed on 1/22 and 1/24 got decisions today, so hopefully we hear in the week or 2

EDIT: Since you are asking about second look day, did you get in? If so, congrats!!
and please let me know what date you interviewed, if possible.

Yes I did yesterday! I interviewed on 1/22! Thank you!!